damn......yohimbe!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I am what you might call an "adverse responder" to yohimbe. Today, I made the fatal mistake of trying REDLINE for the first time, somehow glossing over the Y included in the "proprietary blend" comprising the stuff. Bad mistake. I spent the next 8 hours regretting it. Reminds me of the time I took a "1111" Y cap from Optimum, I think, and I wanted to kill myself. Back in the day, before I knew better, I used the original formula of ADRENALINE which was norephedrine, caffeine (I think) and yohimbe HCL. I would shake, sweat, and feel sick, just like I did today. (That stuff was the sh!t, though! I can't imagine how good it would have been if it didn't make me think my heart was gonna jump out of my chest!) Don't get me wrong, I like to shake and sweat, but Y clearly causes a severely negative reaction for me, like an allergy or something.

So-long story longer. I have a near full bottle of HEAT which I'm not gonna use (because of the Y). I know I could swap-meet it, but I feel like giving it to someone instead. First board supporter or gold member who PM's me, I'll send it to you.

***BTW: If you make a lot of $$, have resources, etc., please pass this up. I'd like to give it to someone who could really use a diet/cut supp but can't really afford it. Thanks!:thumbsup:

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
okay, friends. It's been spoken for! Glad to help out when I can!

Loki

Supplement Jester
Awards
  • Established
Have you tried the H.E.A.T. and found you react the same way (or similarly)? The alpha-yohimbine antagonizes the verying subtypes of central alpha2 adrenoreceptors somewhat differently than regular yohimbine, so it should provide at least--somewhat--of a different effect (although it is possible you will/have react(ed) to this as well).

I'm primarily asking because I'm trying to ascertain whether oral alpha-yohimbine is a viable alternative for those who have difficulties with regular oral yohimbine.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
okay, friends. It's been spoken for! Glad to help out when I can!
HEAT does not contain yohimbine, it contains ALPHA-yohimbine. Have you actually tried it?? I can't recall a single person who has mentioned noticing the negative effects typical of yohimbine with HEAT. And, quite a few people who cannot tolerate yohimbine have reported being just fine with HEAT

The alpha2a subreceptor mediates the negative effects of Y, and alpha-Y is much more potent at the alpha2b and alpha2c subreceptors. Alpha2c antagonism increases dopamine, as does tyramine, which antagonizes the negative effects of alpha2a blockade.

Loki

Supplement Jester
Awards
  • Established
HEAT does not contain yohimbine, it contains ALPHA-yohimbine. Have you actually tried it?? I can't recall a single person who has mentioned noticing the negative effects typical of yohimbine with HEAT. And, quite a few people who cannot tolerate yohimbine have reported being just fine with HEAT
I've gotten one report of a negative interaction to the alpha-Y (subject also has serious issues with other oral yohimbine forms), and at least a dozen saying no problem, so I think the potential is there, but adverse reactions seem to be far, far deviations from the norm.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have anxiety issues, and the Yohimbe found in certain products I can't handle similar to you Milwood except worse. HEAT did nothing of the sort, I was nervous at first that it may cause the same adverse reactions, but it never did. It actually increased my mood to a nice "well being" type of feeling.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Loki and Par for responding. I actually had a discussion with Twin about that (the Alpha-yohimbe thing) a couple months ago and I decided to give it a go. Unfortunately, I'm one of the ones who still doesn't react well. It was less pronounced in terms of sides, but I could tell that it still wasn't sitting well in my system. My eyes get extremely red, hazy, and watery, too (as they used to when I consumed a food to which I was allergic as a child).

Oh, well. Such is life! I've got a bottle of PHENOGEN I'm about to get into, and I found a starving student (or something like that) to enjoy the remainder of my HEAT (...at least that's what he tells me! ;))---j/k, M. It's on it's way. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
I am what you might call an "adverse responder" to yohimbe. Today, I made the fatal mistake of trying REDLINE for the first time, somehow glossing over the Y included in the "proprietary blend" comprising the stuff. Bad mistake. I spent the next 8 hours regretting it. Reminds me of the time I took a "1111" Y cap from Optimum, I think, and I wanted to kill myself. Back in the day, before I knew better, I used the original formula of ADRENALINE which was norephedrine, caffeine (I think) and yohimbe HCL. I would shake, sweat, and feel sick, just like I did today. (That stuff was the sh!t, though! I can't imagine how good it would have been if it didn't make me think my heart was gonna jump out of my chest!) Don't get me wrong, I like to shake and sweat, but Y clearly causes a severely negative reaction for me, like an allergy or something.

So-long story longer. I have a near full bottle of HEAT which I'm not gonna use (because of the Y). I know I could swap-meet it, but I feel like giving it to someone instead. First board supporter or gold member who PM's me, I'll send it to you.

***BTW: If you make a lot of $$, have resources, etc., please pass this up. I'd like to give it to someone who could really use a diet/cut supp but can't really afford it. Thanks!:thumbsup:
WHat a stand up guy ....karma for u my friend.....:thumbsup:

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
I am what you might call an "adverse responder" to yohimbe.
Man... I'm sorry to hear that. I'm exactly the opposite---basically a Y non-responder. I can down 50mg of YHCl and feel nothing.

Yes, I realize that doing so is probably not good for me, and no, I don't actually do it. Moreover, I've been told that it's likely that the Y is working even if I don't feel it. Nevertheless, I wish it had some stim effect---I'm a stim junkie, and EC doesn't really give me any "oomph" any more.

...and you can't stay on clen all the time, after all... :D

BTW, Loki, excellent article on clen in the M&M#28 (out today!). Can't wait for the next installment.

Now that I think about it, Par or Loki, any thoughts on whether alpha-Y could have stim effects despite my non-response to YHCl?

-kwantam

Loki

Supplement Jester
Awards
  • Established
Now that I think about it, Par or Loki, any thoughts on whether alpha-Y could have stim effects despite my non-response to YHCl?
It's going to be different. The alpha-Y itself isn't much of a stimulant (less so than Y HCl), but it's designed to potentiate dopamine via the increased alpha-2c antagonism as Caleb mentioned. Combined with the rest of H.E.A.T (or any other stimulant/drug that effects the dopaminergic system), you're going to get more of a clean, enjoyable amphetamine-esque stimulant effect, as opposed to the heavy, intense 'tweak' most Y HCl users experience. So I guess it would depend on how you react to other sorts of drugs and stimulants in this respect.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks Loki and Par for responding. I actually had a discussion with Twin about that (the Alpha-yohimbe thing) a couple months ago and I decided to give it a go. Unfortunately, I'm one of the ones who still doesn't react well. It was less pronounced in terms of sides, but I could tell that it still wasn't sitting well in my system. My eyes get extremely red, hazy, and watery, too (as they used to when I consumed a food to which I was allergic as a child).
Very interesting. I wonder if it might not be the evodiamine that is doing it (it works through the same mechanism as capsaicin, the active in red pepper)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MikeSumthin Training Forum 9
thebigt Supplements 30
Nutrition / Health 4
Supplements 10
mixedup Anabolics 4