Kava Kava?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Answers

No dude, the absolute best place to buy Kava is www.iamshaman.com. That place amazing customer service, and ships very very fast. I have ordered twice from them very recently, and will keep continuing to do so. My last order was over $30, so I chose the extra free Kava out of a few options.

On a side note. Just mixed my free sample baggie up with a small cup of orange juice like 2 min ago and downed it. Already feel something starting to happen up in my brain. It tasted like how fresh mud smells after a rain shower. Not bad or gagging, but too earthy.

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison
    Hey, if you like wasting your timeand money on product of unknown quality, awesome.

Or just try the real thing: http://www.kavaking.com/greatdeals.html

Until you've tried it, your opinion is worthless on this. Not defending Ethnobotanticals customer service, but their product is topnotch. I'm sure your Kava is good, but so is this stuff.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Maybe, if you can get it. Plus, Ethnobotanicals is extract, right?

Fact: whole root > extract

I've never tried THEIR extract, but I've had high quality extracts before, and they don't compare to the whole root.

Sorry, I luvs me the kava! Anyway, I hope someone here tries it and gives some feedback besides mine...
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Yeah the extract is crappy. I got the iamshaman.com's 84% extract gel caps and swallowed 4 and it did nothing (directions are to take 2), so I put 4 in my mouth and started to chew.. they tasted horrible.. alot worse than just kava root, which isn't too bad, just bitter.

I shouldn't have taken Kava today because I had a cold coming on. I think the cold and Kava jacked me up.. I got a nasty headache at work, but 2 extra strength tylennol's fixed it pretty fast. I drank the sample size which is probably like a teaspoon or something with OJ and it made me feel funny.

So far my best experience with Kava has been opening up the 30% capsules in my mouth, letting it sit under my tongue for about 60 sec, while swallowing the saliva, then downing it all. I feel super relaxed and every part of my body is relaxed. Almost to the point of a mild tingle here and there. Like you can just "rest" your brain and it feels damn good.
  5. Board Supporter
    Answers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Foxx
    Until you've tried it, your opinion is worthless on this. Not defending Ethnobotanticals customer service, but their product is topnotch. I'm sure your Kava is good, but so is this stuff.

I Got the kava in this afternoon. Tonight, on an empty stomach, I took roughly .5gm of the paste stuffed inside a gelcap (filled 1/2 of gelcap). I remembered reading that people had taken lecithin with kava, so I took 2 gms of lecithin and 2 gms of fish oil with the kava.
    I started feeling the effects in about 30 minutes, with full effects kicking in around an hour. Very relaxing and euphoric. I'm also feeling more social. It's exactly what I was looking for - a good substitute for 3 or 4 drinks. It actually surpassed my expectations some; the relaxation/anti-anxiety doesn't surprise me, but the pleasant euphoric feelings took me off guard. I'm very happy with the kava, now I just need to find a better supplier than ethnobotanicals.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

dude!!!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IAMSHAMAN.com
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Intv - did you chew the cap of Kava? Someone previously said helped...I've taken 350 mg and haven't felt a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by intv
    I started feeling the effects in about 30 minutes, with full effects kicking in around an hour. Very relaxing and euphoric. I'm also feeling more social. It's exactly what I was looking for - a good substitute for 3 or 4 drinks.
  8. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by darius
    dude!!!!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IAMSHAMAN.com
    Yeah, I checked them out, great prices, and you said they had great CS, so I'll probably try them next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizzard
    Intv - did you chew the cap of Kava? Someone previously said helped...I've taken 350 mg and haven't felt a thing.
    Well, the extract is a sticky, pungent paste in a baggy. I capped it so that I could just swallow it. I did taste it though, earthy, but not bad. The numbness is pretty powerful. This was about 500mg, and if extract in general isn't supposed to be good, this stuff is an exception. Where did you get your kava, Elizzard?
  9. Registered User
    Answers

Where did you get your kava, Elizzard?
    IAMSHAMAN.COM
  10. Registered User
    Answers

has anyone tried the powdered root from iamshaman.com, it seems so cheap , what is the dosage on it
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

The extract does not contain the whole plant with all the additional protective properties. The ONLY negative side effect ever reported in Fiji to kava consumption is a scaly skin condition, but only at very high prolonged use, and it goes away with cessation of use.

So why did Europeans experience liver failure?

Go back and read the links I provided. Basically, they used 1) a very high potency extract, and 2) an extract from the leaves and stems (parts traditionally thrown away by Fijian natives - apparently they have known for a couple thousand years that those parts are dangerous.)

Hey, do what you like, but understand what you are doing. Make sure it is at least a root-only extract, with no leaves or stems...
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bige211
    has anyone tried the powdered root from iamshaman.com, it seems so cheap , what is the dosage on it
    Powdered root? I use 1-2 HEAPING tablespoons. There is instantised powder, which you can mix and drink, and there is a more course powder, which I am using now, which you have to put in a cloth, immerse in water, and massage the powder in the water until water poured through it runs clear.

I buy a half lb for $10 at a local Fijian Market. Lucky me!
  13. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by poison
    The extract does not contain the whole plant with all the additional protective properties. The ONLY negative side effect ever reported in Fiji to kava consumption is a scaly skin condition, but only at very high prolonged use, and it goes away with cessation of use.

So why did Europeans experience liver failure?

Go back and read the links I provided. Basically, they used 1) a very high potency extract, and 2) an extract from the leaves and stems (parts traditionally thrown away by Fijian natives - apparently they have known for a couple thousand years that those parts are dangerous.)

Hey, do what you like, but understand what you are doing. Make sure it is at least a root-only extract, with no leaves or stems...

The ethnobotanicals paste is supposed to be root-only. Looks like a similar paste can be purchased at iamshaman: http://www.iamshaman.com/eshop/10Exp...ctCode=KKP-HOZ

Elizzard, did you get the Kanna? Looks like that's what Darius was referencing earlier in the thread. I don't know much about Kanna (sceletium), but it is different than kava.
  14. Registered User
    Answers

I find kava to have a tangible effect.75-150MG of kavalactones has a nice relaxing feel to it.Havent tried to many different brands,but I was very satisfied with olympian labs standardized extract.Ill have to try out some of these different sites I see in this thread.Im wondering though,why does it have the tongue numbing effect?
  15. Registered User
    Answers

The ethnobotanicals paste is supposed to be root-only. Looks like a similar paste can be purchased at iamshaman: http://www.iamshaman.com/eshop/10Exp...ctCode=KKP-HOZ

Elizzard, did you get the Kanna? Looks like that's what Darius was referencing earlier in the thread. I don't know much about Kanna (sceletium), but it is different than kava.
    I have tried both the Kanna and Kava, and have reported my experiences with them both in this thread. Kanna for me = anxiety killer, very light noticible buzz at 700mg. Kava, only took 3-4 of the lower % capsules to get a feel out of it. Felt very relaxed and calm, tingly too. All purchased from iamshaman.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Mmmmm... I love Kava
    By swoody in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 06-04-2011, 03:29 PM
  2. Kava Bars/Supplements
    By Mr.50 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-20-2008, 08:44 PM
  3. GABA PEA and KAVA WOOT!
    By MentalTwitch in forum Supplements