Any protein bars that are decent?

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for something inexpensive that's not full of ****.

I dont' care about carbs as long as there's not a ton of sugar.

They also can't taste like total ass.

I'll only eat them 1-2 times a week.

I'm not sure there is anything on the market that fits these requirements, but I have to look anyways. Thanks.

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
I like MHP Up Your Mass bars...only problem with them is they have some soy protein in them which I know some aren't real big on.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
I like MHP Up Your Mass bars...only problem with them is they have some soy protein in them which I know some aren't real big on.
a good protein bar is hard to find. Labrada makes ones that taste like candy. actually, scratch that, they are candy.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Myoplex Carb Sense bars. Stick with the chocolate fudge or peanut butter flavors. Actually, I like the apple/cinnamon and OCCASIONALLY the lemon. Steer clear of the chocolate dipped strawberry, IMO.

NoSwtTea4U

Board Supporter
Awards
Myoplex Carb Sense bars. Stick with the chocolate fudge or peanut butter flavors. Actually, I like the apple/cinnamon and OCCASIONALLY the lemon. Steer clear of the chocolate dipped strawberry, IMO.
Cookies and Cream is very good. :thumbsup:

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
if the label is true i like zanzibars or kong bars by next protein. they both have low sugar, good carbs (oats) and whey as the first ingredient

waitlifter82

Awards
i've always made my own... cheaper and more nutritious

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i make my own too, but those are the ones that i use to use, and still do very occasionally

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
if your not on a strict diet, give the powerbar protein plus a try; they taste great. peanutbutter chocolate is my favorite...

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
If you mean decent as in nutritional value, etc. then no, I don't believe bars are too hot for protein, nutrients, or anything. A good occassional snack when there's nothing else, to avoid completely missing a meal, etc. sure... but otherwise, nah. You either get soy, glycerin, malitol, sugar, bone meal, gelatin, this or that filler, and/or who-knows-what type of processing/heat, type/quality of protein, etc.

If you mean for the occassional use or snack and you want an opinion on taste and texture, then I think it is hard to beat the ISS Oh Yeah! bar. Kind of like a Baby Ruth... I said kinda. I also like the MetRx PB Cookie Dough; it is like a big Bit-o-Honey or something. The Labrada is also ok. Chef Jay's bars are more like meals than snacks or candy, but due to the whole food nature of them, there is (apparently) quite a bit of variance between bars and label claims.