Sponsored Athlete Reviews

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Can't post links or videos because I'm a n00b, but look up:

"RSP Requiring Sponsored Athletes To Fake Positive Reviews On Major Websites"

Probably not news to those who know the industry, but worth keeping in mind.

Might try posting it on the other board and see how long it lasts before the thread gets deleted.

NEBinAK

NEBinAK

Awards
Gwyndane that you?

If so I saw your thread on the other board, it's pretty messed up.

A lot of companies do this on Amazon as well, that way they get confirmed buyer reviews

Mr Physique

Mr Physique

Awards
Good post brah... You're right this is not new at all. Olympus Labs new -epi product had a negative review on NP like the first day it was released. It's a shady industry we all continue to support...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Might try posting it on the other board and see how long it lasts before the thread gets deleted.
Knew this already but good post. I never take reviews at face value anymore. Its why crap products are always voted #1 and good products from ethical supplement companies fall short.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Gwyndale beat me to the punch on the other board, but predictably the thread was deleted because it "broke the rules"...

brb makes a sponsor look bad
brb must protect sales
brb enable disgusting practices
brb brb brb

NewAgeMayan

Awards
lol

the utter hypocrisy of 'that other site' never ceases to blow my mind

no hate on mods, they got nothing to do with my feelings

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good post brah... You're right this is not new at all. Olympus Labs new -epi product had a negative review on NP like the first day it was released. It's a shady industry we all continue to support...
Didn't they also have positive reviews the first day as well?

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established

Saw this video today. I like when Jason Blaha does a video like this. While these practices are neither new nor surprising, its nice to see it getting some mainstream exposure.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didn't they also have positive reviews the first day as well?
Good Try. All the positive reviews were written by alpha testers of which there were about 10-12 of. They have the ability to share their review both here on AM and Nutraplanet because they have already used the product they reviewed extensively for at least 4-6 weeks, and if all their experiences were positive, of course it would yield only positive reviews. Not one alpha tester had a bad or mediocre experience with the products, only great results and they're all beyond happy with it. We're extremely happy with the initial positive reviews from alpha testers and the fact that they're are ONLY positive reviews, as the opinion on plain old regular epi is still quite mixed.

It is pretty obvious though as Mr Physique said that there is some foul play here, as there were both one star reviews and one star ratings posted on the product within 1-2 days of launch.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Effectively eliminating all bogus reviews and having 100% 'authentic' ones is surely nigh on impossible and impractical to achieve; but on the other hand there must be means by which sites can significantly minimise such practices. Furthermore, it would be useful to potential customers to have some way of identifying such sites.

Mr Physique

Mr Physique

Awards
Effectively eliminating all bogus reviews and having 100% 'authentic' ones is surely nigh on impossible and impractical to achieve; but on the other hand there must be means by which sites can significantly minimise such practices. Furthermore, it would be useful to potential customers to have some way of identifying such sites.
SR has always been my go to.. Detailed reviews, usually plentiful. Haven't been on the site for awhile now, but was always gtg for me

I think being on forums in general helps, as the general conscious is usually pretty accurate

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good Try. All the positive reviews were written by alpha testers of which there were about 10-12 of. They have the ability to share their review both here on AM and Nutraplanet because they have already used the product they reviewed extensively for at least 4-6 weeks, and if all their experiences were positive, of course it would yield only positive reviews. Not one alpha tester had a bad or mediocre experience with the products, only great results and they're all beyond happy with it. We're extremely happy with the initial positive reviews from alpha testers and the fact that they're are ONLY positive reviews, as the opinion on plain old regular epi is still quite mixed.

It is pretty obvious though as Mr Physique said that there is some foul play here, as there were both one star reviews and one star ratings posted on the product within 1-2 days of launch.
I had no idea there were even Alpha testers. Someone just pointed out to me that reviews were up the day it released which is why np should only allow reviews from people who actually buy a product from them.

.....I think you are a bit paranoid - no one is out to get you ;)

NewAgeMayan

Awards
I think being on forums in general helps, as the general conscious is usually pretty accurate
Yeah, depends on the forum. I mean, the more open to/receptive of supp/industry criticism the site is, the better (for consumers); the greater the scientific 'presence', the better.

But no forum will ever be 100% free of member cliques or bias (there will always be varying degrees of both). Pays to visit mutliple forums to widen ones exposure to varying beliefs and experiences I reckon.

Mr Physique

Mr Physique

Awards
I had no idea there were even Alpha testers. Someone just pointed out to me that reviews were up the day it released which is why np should only allow reviews from people who actually buy a product from them.

.....I think you are a bit paranoid - no one is out to get you ;)
I could probably think of one competitor who seems to be out for anyone in the Epi market......

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SR has always been my go to.. Detailed reviews, usually plentiful. Haven't been on the site for awhile now, but was always gtg for me

SR is definitely a "pay to play" site for supplement companies and retailers. :( Not as reliable as it was in the beginning

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SR is definitely a "pay to play" site for supplement companies and retailers. :( Not as reliable as it was in the beginning
They've been trying to clean up over the past few months and come up with some ways to be more realistic going forward.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think most companies have their share of trolls rating products low and leaving bad reviews.