Sumatra Pasak Bumi Tongkat Ali

blp03

blp03

Awards
Has anyone tried this supplement? If so, did you get any bloods done. I've read that there are only certain types of Tongkat Ali that is effective and it's the one from Indonesia. Thanks in advance.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone tried this supplement? If so, did you get any bloods done. I've read that there are only certain types of Tongkat Ali that is effective and it's the one from Indonesia. Thanks in advance.
There is many Quassinoids,alkaloids etc in TA but most tested quassinoids are 13α,21-Dihydroeurycomanone and Eurycomanone and Canthin-6-one metabolites such as 9-hydroxycanthin-6-one. Studies are showing test boosting,SERM and enhance male fertility properties (in patients).

So which one to choose?
Personaly I have seen COA from one which I am very pleased with (full of 13α,21-Dihydroeurycomanone and Eurycomanone).
But you cant actually trust 100% to anyone . Thats why 3rd party testing is VERY important!

blp03

blp03

Awards
There is many Quassinoids,alkaloids etc in TA but most tested quassinoids are 13α,21-Dihydroeurycomanone and Eurycomanone and Canthin-6-one metabolites such as 9-hydroxycanthin-6-one. Studies are showing test boosting,SERM and enhance male fertility properties (in patients).

So which one to choose?
Personaly I have seen COA from one which I am very pleased with (full of 13α,21-Dihydroeurycomanone and Eurycomanone).
But you cant actually trust 100% to anyone . Thats why 3rd party testing is VERY important!
Thanks Danes. Can you PM me with some brands that you know have been third party tested, or a site to check for that info? Thank you sir!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Danes. Can you PM me with some brands that you know have been third party tested, or a site to check for that info? Thank you sir!
"PM's have been disabled for maintenance. They will return shortly."

Will do when it is normal again

blp03

blp03

Awards
I got that message as soon as I asked you. LOL Thank you sir!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
a friend of mine says he used it after PCT and said he felt it helped. havent used it myself on its own yet though.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
a friend of mine says he used it after PCT and said he felt it helped. havent used it myself on its own yet though.
believe me, "real" TA is one of the best test boosters with other good functions

blp03

blp03

Awards
believe me, "real" TA is one of the best test boosters with other good functions
I've read on pubmed that it's had successful test cases but there is a pissing contest between Indonesia and Malaysia's indigenous sources of TA so it's hard to tell. I've gone to the TA review site which lists either "dubious source" or legit for certain retailers but I can't find many third party testing information for certain retailers. Supplementation is such a mystery trying to find legit retailers and it drives me crazy.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've read on pubmed that it's had successful test cases but there is a pissing contest between Indonesia and Malaysia's indigenous sources of TA so it's hard to tell. I've gone to the TA review site which lists either "dubious source" or legit for certain retailers but I can't find many third party testing information for certain retailers. Supplementation is such a mystery trying to find legit retailers and it drives me crazy.
Welcome to the world of supplements buddy!

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Some of the better tongkat I've had has been from barlowes herbal elixirs. However their fenugreek is by far the strongest fenugreek I've ever tried in my life I **** you not

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some of the better tongkat I've had has been from barlowes herbal elixirs. However their fenugreek is by far the strongest fenugreek I've ever tried in my life I **** you not
Which product did you use? Theyve got two :100:1 and 200:1

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Danes could you pm me your sources as well?
Thanks

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
TA is said to activate CYP17, thus increasing the conversion of pregnenolone to DHEA. Unfortunately I don't have any scientific data regarding this, if such even exists. IF so, this should be a killer with pregnenolone, DAA and some AI (all bases covered :D )

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
TA is said to activate CYP17, thus increasing the conversion of pregnenolone to DHEA. Unfortunately I don't have any scientific data regarding this, if such even exists. IF so, this should be a killer with pregnenolone, DAA and some AI (all bases covered :D )
There is other mechanism involed with TA which is supporting T increase, SERM and AI properties . I will dig up some studies.

You are taking about:

"Eurycoma Longifolia for increasing testosterone levels is traced to the eurypeptide content, which is claimed to increase the activity of the CYP17 (17 α-hyroxylase/17,20 lyase) enzyme in the testes, which increases the conversion rate of pregnenoline precursors intoDehydroepiandrosterone*and subsequent androgens.
These claims are traced back to a university dissertation by Ali and Saad (1993) entitled 'Biochemical effect of Eurycoma Longifolia Jack on the sexual behavior, fertility, sex hormone and glycolysis' from the University of Malaya"

Personaly, I am not fan of DAA at all

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
There is other mechanism involed with TA which is supporting T increase, SERM and AI properties . I will dig up some studies.

You are taking about:

"Eurycoma Longifolia for increasing testosterone levels is traced to the eurypeptide content, which is claimed to increase the activity of the CYP17 (17 α-hyroxylase/17,20 lyase) enzyme in the testes, which increases the conversion rate of pregnenoline precursors intoDehydroepiandrosterone*and subsequent androgens.
These claims are traced back to a university dissertation by Ali and Saad (1993) entitled 'Biochemical effect of Eurycoma Longifolia Jack on the sexual behavior, fertility, sex hormone and glycolysis' from the University of Malaya"

Personaly, I am not fan of DAA at all
Thanks for the answer Danes. Now that I started this.. do you think that licorice would benefit this stack since it is said to spare pregnenolone from turning into corticosteroids by prolonging the half-life of cortisol?

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
Ok, seems like bad idea after all since glycyrrhizic acid strongly inhibit some pretty important enzymes in testosterone pathway

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the answer Danes. Now that I started this.. do you think that licorice would benefit this stack since it is said to spare pregnenolone from turning into corticosteroids by prolonging the half-life of cortisol?
I dont think it would be nessesary at all :)

Btw, take a look at this one:

THE ERGOGENIC EFFECTS OF EURYCOMA LONGIFOLIA JACK: A PILOT STUDY

S. Hamzah, A. Yusof.

Department of Exercise Physiology, Sports Centre, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Eurycoma longifolia Jack (ELJ), which contains quassinoids such as eurycomalacton, eurycomanon, and eurycomanol, has been reported to have aphrodisiac properties and to increase testosterone levels in men.1 Previous studies have established that the testosterone supplementation increases fat free mass, muscle strength, and muscle mass, which are important for physical function and athletic performance.2,3 Thus, the objective of this study was to investigate the effect of the increase in testosterone levels, obtained by administration of ELJ, on body composition and muscle strength and size in man. Fourteen healthy men performed an intense strength training programme with initial load of 60% RM (2 sets of 10 repetitions with 1 minute rest between, for 10 stations) on alternate days for five weeks. Simultaneously, seven men were randomly selected to consume 100 mg/day ELJ water soluble extract, and seven men received placebo. The intensity of the exercise was increased by 10% RM/week. Body composition, arm circumference, one repetition maximum (1 RM), and surface electromyography (sEMG) activity were measured and recorded one day before and after the five weeks of supplementation and intervention. The lean body mass of the treatment group showed a significant increment, from 52.26 (7.18) kg to 54.39 (7.43) kg (p = 0.012), but no significant changes in fat free mass were observed in the placebo group. Percentage body fat was significantly decreased in the treatment and placebo group, from 31.30 (5.48)% to 28.44 (6.43)% (p = 0.01) and from 22.83 (2.43)% to 21.33 (2.35)% (p = 0.001) respectively. The 1RM test showed a significant increase from 73.71 (16.63) to 78.71 (17.0) kg (p = 0.006) in the treatment group and from 77.29 (8.9) to 79.43 (8.8) kg (p = 0.011) in the placebo group. The increase in strength in the treatment group was larger than in the placebo group (6.78% and 2.77% respectively). The mean frequency of sEMG on the biceps in the treatment and placebo groups decreased significantly, from 121.77 (40.0) to 90.47 (64.6) μV (p = 0.012) and from 127.95 (30.9) to 98.8 (50.1) μV (p = 0.036) respectively. The treatment produced 2.92% greater reduction in electrical activity of the muscle measured at the end of the experiment compared with placebo. The mean arm circumference of the treatment group increased significantly by 1.8 cm after the supplementation, from 30.87 (1.88) to 32.67 (1.96) cm (p = 0.011), but there was no significant increase in the placebo group. The results suggest that water soluble extract ofEurycoma longifolia Jack increased fat free mass, reduced body fat, and increased muscle strength and size, and thus may have an ergogenic effect. Further investigations are warranted

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
So, I just received 50g pouch of 1:200 tongkat ali extract. Taste is extremely bitter. I started with 300mg this morning and planning to continue this dosage for one week to see if there's any effect.

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
I definitely feel something from it. Anxiety is up a bit and I'm damn horny all the time

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
"PM's have been disabled for maintenance. They will return shortly."

Will do when it is normal again
He Dane can you also PM me the 3 party tested TA?
Thank you !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2