Cleaning it up, and taking 2 Weeks Off All Supps...

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I have 2 more weeks of PCT; actually 1 full force, and one tapering off. Those are weeks 3-4 of PCT. My cycle was only 4 weeks, not terribly harsh. My idea is this (if I can manage to pull it off): After PCT, I'm gonna drop ALL my usual supps, and kinda do a "cleansing" 2 weeks. Eat whole, clean foods, lots of H20, and try to get regular 8 hours sleep. Cut seriously back on caffeine (or preferably cut it out altogether), no nothing except what makes sense to stay nutritionally sound. Multi vitamin as well as extra C and E, and that's about it. Anybody do this kind of thing, and if so, how does it go? And what things WOULD be wise to use during this period? Myself, I already know its gonna be a challenge.....I'm not the greatest living example of self-discipline manifested, so I think it will help me with that, as well as give my body a rest from all the stuff I normally ingest.

size

Awards
  • Established
I think it is a good idea. The only supplements to continue taking are "health" related supplments like vitamins and fish oil.

Will you be dropping protein powder?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Can't hurt. Personally, That's kinda what I do between cycles. I'm not the type that consumes bucket loads of supps on a regular basis. I feel that sound nutrition preceedes all that.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
bump to this, a great idea for everybody to do reguardless of ph/aas use, we tend to overload our bodies with everything and every now and then I'm sure it appreciates a few weeks of normal nutrient intake etc, plus after the couple weeks gettin back on everything will feel great coming from taking nothing

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've read on other boards about those who do a colon cleansing (if that is the correct term) in order to flush their system aftera cycle. Some claim that it actually helps with the absorption or efficiency of future cycles. Just the amount of gunk that they say is in there is enough to make me consider it after my current cycle and PCT are over. I haven't searched AM, but there are some posts over on the VPX board about it:
http://mysource.sourcestudios.com/idealbb/default.asp?sessionID=9C713255080A4F16869E8C353FE3B4F6

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I've read on other boards about those who do a colon cleansing (if that is the correct term) in order to flush their system aftera cycle. Some claim that it actually helps with the absorption or efficiency of future cycles. Just the amount of gunk that they say is in there is enough to make me consider it after my current cycle and PCT are over. I haven't searched AM, but there are some posts over on the VPX board about it:
http://mysource.sourcestudios.com/idealbb/default.asp?sessionID=9C713255080A4F16869E8C353FE3B4F6
You're speaking of an anema. I've heard of people losing 5 lbs after a good cleansing. Pretty gross.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I think it is a good idea. The only supplements to continue taking are "health" related supplments like vitamins and fish oil.

Will you be dropping protein powder?
Yeah, good call on the fish oil. That'll stay in the mix, as will protein. I'm thinking of using less whey, though, and more egg protein. Probably do whey for 3-4 days, then egg protein for 3-4 days, etc. Kinda wanna see if I have different reactions. Those are the main protein supps, although I use added BCAA powder, and a nite formula of caesin/milk isolate from time to time. On the days I don't use whey, I'll cut out all dairy altogether (again, to see if there is a notable reaction; I had a dairy allergy as a kid, and I want to see if there is any issue still if I can.

So for the most part, it'll be vitamins, protein powder, whole food, and fish oil. That should cover the basic needs, unless some other ideas pop up.

Newb017

Banned
Awards
only other thing I could think of is a joint support product if you currently take one

size

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, good call on the fish oil. That'll stay in the mix, as will protein. I'm thinking of using less whey, though, and more egg protein. Probably do whey for 3-4 days, then egg protein for 3-4 days, etc.
I would try completely dropping the whey and using another protein source. I believe, Poliquin is a supporter of changing the types of protein one uses.

diezzel

Awards
Milwood, there is a lot of sound advise on this thread and your
plan seems sound to me. i am very much for dropping all but
"health" related supplements for a while to give your body a
break. u should find that when u start back on them their initial
effect will be "enhanced" since the receptors in your body should
sensitive to them again. also, some milk thistle or nac or r-ala would
be good as they support healthy liver function of which all supplements
stress to some degree, even if its negligle to some. I am actually in the middle
of such a "break" myself...it's lasted 6 weeks now and i feel very much revived
ready to start back on my "arsenal"!!!!

diezzel

Awards
also, i'm not sure about dropping all dairy...the calcium will
help keep you leaner and healthier while u r "resting"...on top of
that u need anyway for general health too, unless ur multi provides
enough or u take a calcium supplement