OxyElite Pro contains Prozac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
They will never get a break lol will they...

Although they kay not deserve one if all these things check out

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like old version going by the color of the lid. Newer bottles have purple lids I believe.

Could be wrong though

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Yeah it looks like the old version that I used to use with the 1,3 lol

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like old version going by the color of the lid. Newer bottles have purple lids I believe. Could be wrong though
yeah new has purple. Was this coming in the U.S. Or leaving? This has been discontinued for quite some time now.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like old version going by the color of the lid. Newer bottles have purple lids I believe.

Could be wrong though
Think you are right, but this doesn't exactly breed confidence simply because it is "older."

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

test112

Awards
  • Established
I've never used the stuff, but what an absolute f****ng disgrace. Many many things that can go wrong if someone unwittingly takes an SSRI.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's easy to pick on a company that continually screws over their customers :D

JPSwole

JPSwole

Awards
There oxyelite protein is good though i got it off of nutraplanet for like 15 bucks on sale.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
And this is why the supp industry gets frowned upon and bills are made by Congress. Seriously, I thought companies would have taken a leaf out of what happened when Craze was discontinued because of spiking.

Someone people never learn and then ruin the recreational fun for others.

This will now disdain me from buying USPLabs again for good.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's the DMAA OEP label.

DMAA OEP has been out of production for 2 years.

I really don't think legitimate DMAA OEP exists with an 04/17 expiry.

Also, given its popularity, I highly doubt how much legitimate original stock of OEP is even on the market.
--

DMAA OEP has been *extensively* tested by the government, interested scientists, competitors, and anti-doping sorts.

It was being spiked with Prozac and nobody noticed until now?

--

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established

Also, given its popularity, I highly doubt how much legitimate original stock of OEP is even on the market.
--

DMAA OEP has been *extensively* tested by the government, interested scientists, competitors, and anti-doping sorts.

--
I was thinking the same thing doesn't make sense. Also it says was an international mail shipment so I wonder if they are counterfeits being made overseas and being sent it.

Also why the heck would any company put Prozac in an energy supplement? I was on that years back and all I wanted to do is sleep! OEP def didn't do that LOL

TheNietzsche

TheNietzsche

Awards
SSRIs also can cause weight gain, so I'd be surprised if this was intentional by USP - what benefit would it have other than making the product less effective? Of course we don't know how much fluoxetine was even in it.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

--

--
They could have just pulled it up from Google images or something

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We'd have to see the photos from lab testing, my guess is the article pulled the photo not understanding that there are multiple versions of Oxy Elite.

Small SSRI doses i doubt will have any impact on weight gain, however they should provide mood benefit.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There oxyelite protein is good though i got it off of nutraplanet for like 15 bucks on sale.
Why people buy from companies like USP is beyond me. They have a laundry list of infractions, this isn't the first time. You're supporting a company that does not care about the consumer or their health. USP only cares about money. I'd be surprised if their protein has 50% of what it claims.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've never used the stuff, but what an absolute f****ng disgrace. Many many things that can go wrong if someone unwittingly takes an SSRI.
Why people buy from companies like USP is beyond me. They have a laundry list of infractions, this isn't the first time. You're supporting a company that does not care about the consumer or their health. USP only cares about money. I'd be surprised if their protein has 50% of what it claims.

I can honestly say I've used almost every version and product from USPlabs and I strongly believe a lot of their bad press has been due to user error. OxyElite and Jack3d changed the industry without a shadow of a doubt IMO (remember I'm only 25ppl) and kids across the nation couldn't stop taking 4-5 scoops when the label clearly said otherwise. 1,3 was actually cleared of most accusations by the fda just last summer if I'm correct as a study showed the results weren't in line with the reason GNwho had to "destroy" their stock of the product.

I can't help the company on the Aegline in the powder and Versa-1 but again I used both and say decent results towards the claims at hand. Very well could have been placebo or consistency in gameplan but I noticed a difference.

As far as being a disgrace...well that's one heck of a notion to have against a company who I definitely has been targeted by the Governing body. Does it happen to many others, more than likely but there's a reason USP was on top for getting ppl towards their goals.

As from a consumer point I feel it's more the responsibility for someone to atleast attempt a Google search on ingredients to see just how and what should be changing by introducing a supplement into their regime. I see folks stack and overdose constantly then want to lash out and atk a company later on when we don't even look to see if sup. A will have a negative on sup B. I honestly believe the company has made mistakes but at the same time they also were at the top of the chain for quite some time.

The protein is choice, still the best chocolate ive had in my life. Banana still too much and tastes fake, vanilla was good not top 3.

OxyElite thermo went through 2 reformulations I thought. Original, 1,3 free, then purple tops and of course the counterfeit ones.

Prime, C20, modern, AP all receive an honorable mention but I believe there's better options. I def post all of this simply as a consumer not an expert by any means but I hope you've atleast tried something of theirs in previous years as they "were" quite a powerhouse brand.

medinacirilo

medinacirilo

Awards
  • Established
Their old school products worked. I didn't think there was any of the DMAA Oxyelite left. This is odd

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are there any USP reps on here? I think the report is kinda BS I definitely would do more research before you completely decide to never use there products again. All the other company reps are jumping in here and taking a shot at USP cuz it's easy. Honestly kinda feel for them.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Could not agree more.

And people wonder why there is such a huge push to regulate them

"IF" this is true/proven - what a complete bunch of dishonest harmful irresponsible GARBAGE.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Or it could have some hepatitis in it. I dislike usp

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://news.yahoo.com/oep-product-counterfeit-071600872.html

WASHINGTON, March 1, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- USPlabs has notified the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of the following and states that media reports saying that a company product contains Prozac are false:

On Saturday, February 28, 2015, the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) issued a Public Notification on the contamination of a dietary supplement product labeled as OxyElite Pro Super Thermogenic (referred to below as "OEP") with a prescription drug active ingredient, fluoxetine. USPlabs immediately conducted an investigation and determined that the product shown in the Public Notification and tested by FDA was not manufactured or distributed by or for the Company. It is a counterfeit.

The genuine OEP has not been manufactured since October 2013. OEP has always been labeled with a three year expiration date. The last lot manufactured had an expiration date of 10/16. The counterfeit product expiration date of 04/17 is therefore obviously fraudulent.

The genuine OEP, made in capsules, uniformly had lot numbers beginning with the numeral "4". The counterfeit product lot number of 216732 is therefore obviously fraudulent. The Company has verified that no OEP product (or other Company product) has ever had the lot number of 216732.

Neither USPlabs nor its contract manufacturers has ever ordered or in any way handled fluoxetine for any purpose of any kind.

The Company has encountered counterfeit versions of its dietary supplement products in the past, and has reported these problems to FDA as well as to State and other Federal officials.

Although USPlabs discontinued the manufacture and distribution of its products containing DMAA in October 2013, other companies did not. Numerous dietary supplement products containing DMAA are still available through the internet. The Department of Defense Human Performance Resource Center website lists 43 such products, and the National Medicines Comprehensive Database lists 313. A Brazilian website, as example, offers OEP for sale and that may well have been the source of the counterfeit product that FDA tested. The Supplement Facts for the counterfeit OEP product shown in the Brazilian website are not the same as the genuine USPlabs version. And, in fact, online complaints about the Brazilian counterfeit OEP can be found identified by lot number 216732 and expiration date 04/17 -- the same identifiers as the counterfeit tested by FDA.

USPlabs has offered to work with the FDA to help prevent the distribution of counterfeit versions of its dietary supplement products.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Interesting news here.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Admin saves the day ;)

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Indeed, I honestly can't believe the flack USPlabs has gotten in recent years but a brand change wouldn't kill em. There are still a few reps around but I don't think ore than 2-3.

rosemont83

rosemont83

Awards
Thank you Admin. I used like 4 bottles I was tripping for a second that I took some pharmaceutical antidepressant crap..

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The genuine OEP has not been manufactured since October 2013. OEP has always been labeled with a three year expiration date. The last lot manufactured had an expiration date of 10/16. The counterfeit product expiration date of 04/17 is therefore obviously fraudulent.

The genuine OEP, made in capsules, uniformly had lot numbers beginning with the numeral "4". The counterfeit product lot number of 216732 is therefore obviously fraudulent. The Company has verified that no OEP product (or other Company product) has ever had the lot number of 216732.
Nailed it.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Are you doubting the research abilities and due diligence of the FDA?
In fairness its not typical for them to be investigating products of which knockoffs are produced.
But before this announcement against USP it should have been confirmed.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In fairness its not typical for them to be investigating products of which knockoffs are produced.
But before this announcement against USP it should have been confirmed.
I agree with this. The damage this can do to a company is severe and they could have waited until the company could comment and investigate.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I think it's downright ridiculous that they would release something like that without doing their homework. There's knockoffs of practically anything that you can make a profit on. If they're letting simple things like that slide, that a layperson could confirm/deny in a few hours, what else is slipping through?

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
Well the FDA is not interested in counterfeits. USP really needs to work with US Customs on this.
It's weird they would order from an overseas retailer unless they thought USP was actually still producing it there
Likely wasn't the FDA that ordered it. Probably someone else was ordering this to sell in the US, and customs or FDA randomly inspected the shipment and tested it and found the Prozac. Pretty much same way people get caught ordering steroids into the country.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This report is a bit odd for a few reasons.
It's beyond odd for a hundred different reasons. I'm a firm believer people don't attempt to process information, think about that information and then form an opinion.

press release on our website.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Think you are right, but this doesn't exactly breed confidence simply because it is "older."
Just goes to show popularity of product it's still counterfeited even though it's been discontinued for nearly Two years.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Status
Not open for further replies.