How much volume in "00" caps????

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just ordered some bulk powders and a cap-em-quick set-up and I was wondering what volume of powder a size "00" cap holds????

So if the dosage is supposed to be 1/4 teaspoon, does a 1/4 teaspoon fit in a "00" cap? is it more? is it less?

Mr.50

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Depends on the density (mg/ml). Every powder is different.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
so if the powder say for example 800mg/quarter tsp and I wanted to fill up a "00" cap would that be 800mg or more?

Mr.50

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
anywhere from 6-800 mg depending on how fine the powder is

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you guys are great. Any ideas on how I might be able to figure out the densities of the powders I bought from Bulk???? without that I really have no way of dosing.

Mr.50

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
What are they? Maybe we already have some idea as to how much you can put in?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Choline Citrate

ALCAR

Tyrosine

L-Theanine

D,L - Phenylalanine

Thanks guys.

Mr.50

Jay Mc

Awards
www.chemfinder.com

Also an easier way would be capsulate all your powder, count the number of capsules you have and divide your know amount of powder used by the number of capsules. so if you have (just for example) 1g of powder and it fit in 2 capsules that would be .5g (500mg) powder per capsule.

J

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Choline Citrate

ALCAR

Tyrosine

L-Theanine

D,L - Phenylalanine

Thanks guys.

Mr.50
I don't cap any of those because:

ALCAR is not that bad tasting and I take so much that it doesn't warrant capping

L-theanine would be way over dosed if put into OO caps by itself

Tyrosine is tasteless so I do that like ALCAR...just dump it in my mouth

Choline (I use Alpha GPC) I mix with other chems to make my caps so I've never capped it alone.

You may want to use some smaller sized caps or fillers if you are capping these alone. I use Jay's method to figure things out and then put it in my log book.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Also an easier way would be capsulate all your powder, count the number of capsules you have and divide your know amount of powder used by the number of capsules. so if you have (just for example) 1g of powder and it fit in 2 capsules that would be .5g (500mg) powder per capsule.

J

If you use this method (which works great btw), don't forget to subtract out the weight of the capsule. One 00 cap weight about 120 mg's.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
If you use this method (which works great btw), don't forget to subtract out the weight of the capsule. One 00 cap weight about 120 mg's.

He's not weighing the caps....just the powder that it takes to fill them.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
He's not weighing the caps....just the powder that it takes to fill them.

Oops. I'm a dipshit and need to learn how to read :frustrate

Let me then rephrase the other solution that I use:

1. Add a much powder as possible to 10 caps a possible. Use the stamper to compact the powder (If you have one).

2. Weigh the 10 caps. Call this value W

3. The mass of powder per cap (assuming a 00 cap is then)

Mass Per Cap = (W - 1.2)/10

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
ALCAR = 560 mg/cap is all I know.

If you lets say have 100 g of powder, cap it all, see how many caps you ended with, devide 100 by number of caps and you'll have g/cap.

ChemicalD

Have you seen my stapler???
Awards
Mr. 50:

Those ideas are OK, but none aren't without huge errors. I would take the suggestion of dviding the weight or the powder by # of caps, but i would weigh out a precise amount. I picked up a digital scale shipped out from *bay for under 30 bucks, and it does the trick.
If you need to weigh small (like <100mg) make a solution and then cap up the liquid. I actually do the same as SJA with the alcar and tyosine. I do the above for alpha-GPC and others. DMAE was difficult b/c i wanted 150mg in each cap. I got it, although it took some time and I had to even out the caps by hand and QC each one, but with DMAE it is worth it.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
On a simpler note guys, do you think it will decrease the absorbability of the powdered aminos if I mix them in some water with Citrucel? I take Citrucel every day for my fiber and at least that seems like it will improve the taste.

Mr.50

ChemicalD

Awards
On a simpler note guys, do you think it will decrease the absorbability of the powdered aminos if I mix them in some water with Citrucel? I take Citrucel every day for my fiber and at least that seems like it will improve the taste.

Mr.50
I don't see any reason it would lower the activity.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just ment absorbtion. I did't know if it would get bound up in the bulk of the fiber and just pass through.

Mr.50

ChemicalD

Awards
I just ment absorbtion. I did't know if it would get bound up in the bulk of the fiber and just pass through.

Mr.50
Depends on how much soluble:insoluble fiber is in the citrucel.

Jay Mc

Awards
Depends on how much soluble:insoluble fiber is in the citrucel.
I am fairly certain you need a considerable amount to start binding up fat and protein. And even when you have a huge amount it would only be a small percentage, well under 10.

J

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thats good to hear. Maybe that is the way I will go rather then even bothering with all the capping. it makes it much more transportable but this sounds like a bit of a hassel for an experiment.

Mr.50

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I only cap things that

1. My G/F can't handle the taste of (I can eat pretty much anything).
2. Chems which use small doses and I mix into some mage of homebrewed concoction (like Nootropics).

Other that that, I dump it in my mouth and wash it down. Or, make up some creative Koolaid with all of my chems in it....add some Crystal Lite and vitamin C to take off the edge and chug it down.