Your guys thoughts on DHEA stacked with Tribulus

DHEA

Banned
Awards
Hi Guys,

I am new to the boards as a member, but ive been browsing and reading your informative posts for a month now, I have learned alot from you guys. Anyhow, I wanted to know if DHEA is worth a darn? I want to stack it with my Tribulus that I take now along with my Ergomax LMG that i take as well. I want to buy the Ultimate Nutrition version of the DHEA since i really like there products. I current use there Tribulus and Vanadyl Sulfate products, the seem to have the best bang for your buck product.

Thanks!

Erfan

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'd use those in a post-cycle stack myself. That is, after you finish the LMG run.

DHEA

Banned
Awards
I'd use those in a post-cycle stack myself. That is, after you finish the LMG run.
Ok cool, so is the Tribulus stacked with the LMG a good stack? Ive been taking 20mg of Ergomax a day.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
DHEA sucks and is not worth taking. Tribulus can be good if you buy a quality brand.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
DHEA sucks and is not worth taking.
Based on what? Anecdotal advice? Personal experience?

I think you will find quite a few people on this board whom have found it to be very valuble during PCT. I would agree that it is not as valuble for healthy men under the age of 30 whom are not recovering from exogenous use of hormones.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established

I think you will find quite a few people on this board whom have found it to be very valuble during PCT. I would agree that it is not as valuble for healthy men under the age of 30 whom are not recovering from exogenous use of hormones.
You beat me to it.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards

Based on experience and I have read that most of DHEA gets converted to estrogen. For men over 30, yeah I understand where you are getting at. Also, if you have taken DHEA and you thought that it helped you, then I see no reason to argue with ya. :cheers:

Jay Mc

Awards
There are no published primary sources indicating tribulus has any effect on body building. Its likely mechanism of action on libido is related to DHEA so taking both would be overkill.

Having said that the placebo effect is probably equipotent versus the most effect supplements on the market...so...

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There are no published primary sources indicating tribulus has any effect on body building. Its likely mechanism of action on libido is related to DHEA so taking both would be overkill.

Having said that the placebo effect is probably equipotent versus the most effect supplements on the market...so...
thats incorrect.
trib is LH stimulator, which acts directly on the brain
DHEA is a steroid hormone which does not provide any direct feedback loop to the brain but rather to the adrenals

anyway guys DHEA supplementation can suppress your own DHEA production. so be carefull.

Jay Mc

Awards
thats incorrect.
trib is LH stimulator, which acts directly on the brain
DHEA is a steroid hormone which does not provide any direct feedback loop to the brain but rather to the adrenals

anyway guys DHEA supplementation can suppress your own DHEA production. so be carefull.
umm. what? Im sorry, but some translated bs off the sopharma website is not published info. In fact, there are no published studies that can recreate the results of the sopharma research. In fact, the peer reviewed literature tried to validate these claims and found no effect.

I'd love to hear your theory on how tribulus stimulates LH secretion.

DHEA is a neuroactive substance regardless of effects on the HPG axis. You don't have to influence the HPG axis to have effect in the brain and influence libido...

J

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
from that you assesed that :"There are no published primary sources indicating tribulus has any effect on body building. Its likely mechanism of action on libido is related to DHEA so taking both would be overkill."

thats a non-seqiutor

Jay Mc

Awards
from that you assesed that :"There are no published primary sources indicating tribulus has any effect on body building. Its likely mechanism of action on libido is related to DHEA so taking both would be overkill."

thats a non-seqiutor
No. From the info out there, most authors point to any action tribulus has on libido is via increasing DHEAS. From that i draw the conclusion that taking something that raises DHEA levels (tribulus) and taking DHEA, another something that raises DHEA levels and is considerably cheaper, would be overkill.

Hope that clears things up.

J

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Dhea is a precursor to prohormones.

there was a guy on here that did a testosterone test before and after taking trib and his testosterone levels actually went down a little.