Athlete for supplement company

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
I ask lots of questions daily and here's another one. How does one become an athlete for supplement companies. Sometimes I see these guys and think that I look better than them. Not saying I look amazing but I've seen plenty of guys on this forum that could be a sponsored athlete at least image wise!

So what's it take?!

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I ask lots of questions daily and here's another one. How does one become an athlete for supplement companies. Sometimes I see these guys and think that I look better than them. Not saying I look amazing but I've seen plenty of guys on this forum that could be a sponsored athlete at least image wise!

So what's it take?!
we're looking for athletes currently, mainly for more exposure and for the athlete, kind of scratch each others back sort of thing

www.myokem.com/sponsorship

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
we're looking for athletes currently, mainly for more exposure and for the athlete, kind of scratch each others back sort of thing www.myokem.com/sponsorship
that's pretty cool! I am in no way trying to be some ass on the forum, just curious as to how it all works: if you have to know ppl or just basically apply!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
that's pretty cool! I am in no way trying to be some ass on the forum, just curious as to how it all works: if you have to know ppl or just basically apply!
start competing in local shows and gain publicity. Sometimes you get approached, sometimes you have to reach out. But competing in either physique, bodybuilding, strongman, or crossfit is a must typically

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
start competing in local shows and gain publicity. Sometimes you get approached, sometimes you have to reach out. But competing in either physique, bodybuilding, strongman, or crossfit is a must typically
I gotcha, I've never competed so maybe I can start reading up on it and in a few years compete

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

So what's it take?!
Being noticed helps. Its not just about physique, its about exposure for the brand and if you cant provide it, then its not worth it to them.

If you can then its a different story

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Being noticed helps. Its not just about physique, its about exposure for the brand and if you cant provide it, then its not worth it to them. If you can then its a different story
so if I have lots of followers on twitter that would be more likely to get me an opportunity theoretically ?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
so if I have lots of followers on twitter that would be more likely to get me an opportunity theoretically ?
Be a better starting point. Sponsorship is about what the company can get from you

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
I'll echo what jiigz and quad said. Its a partnership so to speak. The company works with you so they gain more exposure but at the same time they give you more exposure as athlete competing in whatever sport

Make sense?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most companies are looking for someone with a decent social media following, which makes sense. In some cases, the number of selfies, cheat meals, and ridiculous hashtags people post can hold more weight than hard work and real world accomplishments. Thankfully, there are some companies that will honor those who quietly work their ass off and remain humble as well.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hayden and Matt are both correct. In most instances, social media following is extremely important as companies will want mutual promotion.

I get a lot of messages about this so I decided to make a video on the things to do and don't. It might help. :)

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
This was all interesting and helpful guys ! Will throw some reps points your way when I'm on my laptop!

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Exposure. That's all it is for 90+% of companies... Look up Sean Thompson, the kid can barely press 225, not insanely ripped, etc but has a GymShark sponsorship (amongst others) because he has 40k+ YT subs, and I'm sure near the equivalent on IG.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAesthetics101

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Exposure. That's all it is for 90+% of companies... Look up Sean Thompson, the kid can barely press 225, not insanely ripped, etc but has a GymShark sponsorship (amongst others) because he has 40k+ YT subs, and I'm sure near the equivalent on IG.
that stinks but hey, that's business I spose