Leucine or HMB?

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
looking to download and take a month off from supps but don't want to lose much anabolic support. I've heard HMB is junk from some reviews, but I am not looking to gain really, just don't want to get out of state. Heading for a physical and want all to be functioning as it should. Planning on only taking milk thistle daily and either HMB or leucine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Honestly as long as you keep a high protein diet you will be fine. Leucine and HMB can help maintain mass in a deficit but if your eating enough you really shouldn't lose muscle

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree. Keep kcals and protein high and you should be fine. If you want a product to help try Ergonine.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know some ppl like HMB and other dont. I havent seen much from it when i've taken it. Get the most from you diet.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Agree. Keep kcals and protein high and you should be fine. If you want a product to help try Ergonine.
This,
I prefer HICA to HMB

Ergonine packs in 1.5g

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This,
I prefer HICA to HMB

Ergonine packs in 1.5g
Have you tried HMB-FA? I'm a fan of both HICA and HMB-FA, and, disregarding the unequal price of the two, I prefer HMB-FA. But since most people have a limited supplement budget, Ergonine is the best bang for your buck here, as you get the full 1.5g dose of HICA plus tons of other great ingredients for less than the only HMB-FA supplement costs. Still, considering only effectiveness, not price, in my experience, HMB-FA>HICA.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plus with ergonine you get creatine and betaine which may also help with muscle retention

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
Wow! Lots of input. Thanks guys. Just to let you know what I'm coming out of here. Brief non chronological year review, prob will miss some.
Fat burners: Lipo Pm , 7-Keto , Caffeine
Sleep aid: Lights Out, GABA, Humanogrowth, Growth Factor XT
GDA: Glycophase ,Anabolic Pump, R-ALA
Test Boost: DAA, Paragon,Anabeta Elite,STR3NGTH
E Control : SUP3R PCT, Elimistane, Inhibit E
Pump: GM, CONQU3R ( 4 months) Acute EFX, LG Epic liquid, Pump HD
Protein blends
Finally EP1C, Ostabol, Ostarine, Follidrone

So I'm sure it's time for a break. So I was trying to stay as clean as possible, so I am goin with the leucine powder, it's been my go to on vacations before so I'm hoping it holds up for March, just hit a few PRs this week so I'll know for sure if it works. Thanks again.

chuck box

chuck box

Awards
  • Established
Wow! Lots of input. Thanks guys. Just to let you know what I'm coming out of here. Brief non chronological year review, prob will miss some. Fat burners: Lipo Pm , 7-Keto , Caffeine Sleep aid: Lights Out, GABA, Humanogrowth, Growth Factor XT GDA: Glycophase ,Anabolic Pump, R-ALA Test Boost: DAA, Paragon,Anabeta Elite,STR3NGTH E Control : SUP3R PCT, Elimistane, Inhibit E Pump: GM, CONQU3R ( 4 months) Acute EFX, LG Epic liquid, Pump HD Protein blends Finally EP1C, Ostabol, Ostarine, Follidrone So I'm sure it's time for a break. So I was trying to stay as clean as possible, so I am goin with the leucine powder, it's been my go to on vacations before so I'm hoping it holds up for March, just hit a few PRs this week so I'll know for sure if it works. Thanks again.
How did you like follidrone?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
from what i understand and have heard dr jacob wilson say is that hmb really shines during overtraining. i have used it in higher doses during overtraining before and cant contribute any solid differences to its use. if your looking for a dload, id say hica is def the right one if any at all. just make sure you get your protein macros in everyday and youll be fine.

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
Chuck, Follidrone was better than Ep1c for me , yet I can't say I noticed anything other than better endurance. I ran str3ngth and put some serious hard work in and really was impressed by the 3" chest/lat girth increase. So I figured the best of both worlds in Anafuse is gonna be something special.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Based on the McMasters Leucine Study, bulk Leucine is now a staple, 365 for me. I take 3 grams 30 minutes before I use any protein powder (strictly economics - if you have the cash, use it before any protein containing meal). I think 500 grams of SNS was about $25 (I always go for cheapest, and they had it for this compound) - that nets you 55 days of 9 grams/day.

Supplementation of a suboptimal protein dose with leucine or essent... - PubMed - NCBI

I would definitely say Leucine over HMB-FA. Now, HMB-FA has been shown effective, but I believe only if you follow the study protocol of "over-reach" in the training program, and it's expensive as heck.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are looking for convenience, analyzed sells capped leucine :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 11
MidwestBeast Supplements 0
Supplements 23
Supplements 10
Whacked Supplements 18