Micellean ='s 2 days of bad breath..... what's the cause?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.25%

Micellean ='s 2 days of bad breath..... what's the cause?

I have been using Prolab's LMM for a while now and decided to mix it up a bit with the purchase of some Micellean. I picked up a box of Vanilla and Graham Cracker. I tried the Graham first... and while drinking it thought it was pretty good in the taste department. However, a couple hours later I noticed my mouth developed a lingering bad taste which was similar to a garlic/onion flavor. I first thought it was from an earlier meal that wasn't digesting well and didn't even think that the MRP was a potential culprit. I brushed my teeth/tongue several times that night, but was not able to get my breath back to normal. Unfortunately, this lingered on for the rest of the following day... although it was fading. At the time, I concluded that it was the food I ate and moved on.

Three days later, I had another Micellean shake(which was made with water just as the first one). About 30 minutes after finishing the shake I began to taste and smell the exact same thing as I did the first time. I brushed my teeth/tongue immediately and ate some real food to try to mask the taste lingering in my mouth. Despite my efforts, it still took about 24 hours for it to fade to the point of not being obvious.

So now I am stuck with 2 full boxes of expensive breath killer shakes. Anyone else have this happen?

Any ideas on why this particular product is causing this problem when no other MRP (which is a quite a few) has done so?

2. All Traps - No Tris
    Stats
    5'11"  246.4 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.49%

Same thing happens to me. I have to brush my teeth right after drinking. I have only used the Grahm Cracker flavor, so I cannot comment on others.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.25%

Quote Originally Posted by tribaltek
    Same thing happens to me. I have to brush my teeth right after drinking. I have only used the Grahm Cracker flavor, so I cannot comment on others.
    Good to know I'm not the only one who experiences the Micellean Breath. Hopefully someone can shed some light on why this occurs.....
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jbprof
    Good to know I'm not the only one who experiences the Micellean Breath. Hopefully someone can shed some light on why this occurs.....
    Its from wasting money on VPX products...
  5. All Traps - No Tris
    Stats
    5'11"  246.4 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.49%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I agree that 99% of VPX's products aren't worth the $$$, but MIcellean is an exception.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.25%

Just got off the phone with VPX customre service. They were clueless to this issue and claimed that nobody has ever mentioned a problem with bad breath resulting from Micellean.

For now, I've been sticking to ProLab LMM. I am still very curious though as to what ingredients in Micellean are causing the breath issue?
  7. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

What flavor is it?
    Last edited by MaNiaK1027; 04-01-2005 at 09:13 PM.
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.15%

Anyone here ever order plain (or with flavoring added but only...) micellar casein protein from a bulk protein seller? You'll find the texture rather unpleasant and the lingering taste/bad breath effect. (At least, that has been my experience.) It could be, friends, that Micellean does this when other micellar casein containing products don't because Micellean actually contains a substantial amount of micellar casein. Remember, once the company (VPX, Prolab, who-ever) puts the protein under a proprietary blend label, you really don't know how much micellar (or what-ever type you are looking for in a blend) you are actually getting.
  9. Have you seen my stapler???
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.92%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    I concur.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Can one day of bad eating ruin progress
    By kkhx3 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 08:37 PM
  2. Serious DOMS (no training changes; so what's the cause?)
    By MidwestBeast in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 06:32 PM
  3. What is the cause of unexplained weight loss?
    By glademee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-18-2012, 04:27 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 03:10 PM
  5. What is the right time of day to take SD
    By revodrew in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 11:31 PM