probiotics

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I have to take antibiotics (doxycycline for about 3-4 months) and my doc said I better take some lactobacillus with it. So what kind of probiotics should I get?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Could you explain more about what probiotics are? I usually take minocycline while on cycle to keep acne to a minimum. Would a probiotic be something I should also look into?

Forster

Forster

Board Supporter
Awards
I take pro-biotic plus from bioinnovations.net, best i have found so far.

expensive but has all the types.

Best to just take one once the anti's have be digested or will just kill the pro's.
And then take a good week+ once completly off the anti's.

Lifted,

Pro-biotics are good bacteria that live in all areas of your digestive tract. They help in digesting food, killing bad bacteria, virus's and other various nasties:smite:. Some studies report they also help keep your teeth healthy.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Pretty much what Forster said. I don't know much about it, but antibiotics kill good bacteria in your digestive tract, so you should use some kind of probiotics to replace them.
I searched a little and "Acidophilus" by NowFoods looks pretty good and cheap.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Pretty much what Forster said. I don't know much about it, but antibiotics kill good bacteria in your digestive tract, so you should use some kind of probiotics to replace them.
I searched a little and "Acidophilus" by NowFoods looks pretty good and cheap.
I usually take what has a mix of 2-3 bacteria in a sufficient number. There are so many that I cant recommend anything. i try to keep away from antibiotics as much as i can. Last time I had to was this january with the fuc*ing flu that caught me while i was on PCT. And that **** fuc*ed my ass. 3 weeks of probiotics helped me recovering.
U need to run probiotics for at least 3 weeks and 2 weeks after u finish the antib.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Syr. I didn't think about it at all, stupid me. I've been on antibiotics since december and didn't use any probiotics, now I have to stay on for another 4 months. That sucks.

Forster

Forster

Board Supporter
Awards
Acidophilus is just one type of pro.

You have L. acidophilus, B. bifidum, L. bulgaricus, B. longum,
E. faecium, L. plantarum, L. rhamnosus, lactobacillus,
and L. salivarius.

Each one lives in a diffent part of you tract. From mouth all the way almost the end :blink:

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Syr. I didn't think about it at all, stupid me. I've been on antibiotics since december and didn't use any probiotics, now I have to stay on for another 4 months. That sucks.
Since december? Oh my! I really dont tolerate antibiotics. And the one i took this jan dis more bad than good to my body.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the heads up everyone. Forster, how much for the product you take? Thx again.

Forster

Forster

Board Supporter
Awards
If stopping antibiotics for whatever i take 3 caps a night for 2-3 weeks.

To keep things running good i try and take 3 caps every week or so.

I think its 28ish per bottle of 60. Has all the the strands of pro-biotics in 60billion Colony Forming Unit count.

CFU effectivenes vs normal bacteria count is like planting a 15 foot tree (1 CFU) vs a seed (1 bateria).

darius

I work in the pharmacy, and we have this stuff that we keep back there in the fridge. I dunno if the fridge one is any better, but if I had to take it, I'd probably take the fridge one compared to the shelf one. I'm sure most pharms should have it.

Forster

Forster

Board Supporter
Awards
Ya primal Primal Defense is very good to full of HSO's.
I use it to for the HSO's.

I wife says i can eat anything with no problem haha 18 liver pills don't even phase me.

Cosmo what's the CFU count on the iFlora?

thanks

Cosmo

Awards
Cosmo what's the CFU count on the iFlora?
30 billion per gram or 15 billion per capsule

The bacteria in iFlora is stable at room temp and resistant to acid and bile much like PD's HSOs