Got lazy, got fat, Help

Hal

Awards
After the birth of my daughter in August 2003 I suddenly had almost no time to work out and eating became something done mostly while standing in front of the fridge. Then, last summer I started a new job that pretty much killed the little time I had to work out. I've finally decided that I had to get back on course and started working out again and adjusted my diet. Protein shakes and bars are back, low carb, but not keto, snaking now on raw veggies in dip made with flax seed oil mayo and soup mix. My workouts are still pretty short, partially due to time constaints, partially because I've let myself get so far out of shape that I can't work out as hard as I could (yet). I usually rotate cardio one night, weights the next. Weights are low with high reps to maximize fat burn. In under 2 years I put on about 40 pounds of fat. I also haven't had the time to spend here to keep on on new supplements. I was looking through some posts the other day and the reviews of sesathin have been good so I'll probably order some of that. It seems to me that it would make sense to combine that with a topical, maybe lipoderm. I'm also considering some clen &/or T3. After I lose my babyweight I'll work on getting my lifts back. Any other thoughts on getting back to where I was, maybe even a little better?
thanks

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know where you're coming from, with so much going on it's hard to focus on yourself. I gained 30-40lbs of fat after my daughter was born, and kept it on for 3 years until my son was born. I decided then that I needed to start lifting again and eating right.

Sounds like you're back on track so far, but I'll give you my thoughts. First off, I would change strategy some; rather than taking supps now and getting your lifts back after you lose the fat, I'd go the other way around - I think you'll burn more fat by lifting heavier, lower reps, maybe a more traditional moderate volume routine. Lifting made me feel good about myself again , and it was nice to increase the weights each week and get beginner's gains again WHILE I was burning fat. So don't short-change yourself by lifting light weights with high reps, be safe, but get in there and work that iron! Sesathin is great anytime, but I'd wait until you've hit a fat loss plateau before you introduce clen/t3 or lipoderm. One supp you could look into would be avant's phenogen. But at your current BF level, you'll probably drop fat quickly and steadily with a straight diet and lifting. Be patient though, don't burn yourself out with so much going on, you've got to make your diet and routine fit into your new life. Good luck, and stick around! :)

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do some research on Trimax. It might fit your goals. I was/am in similar situation (and we thought only the woman gained the baby weight) and tried Trimax in January for 4 weeks. I lost from 225 to 210 with very little, if any, strength loss. I also used MDien and M5aa to minimize muscle loss. There is a recent post on Triamax that mentions the relationship between body type and the effectiveness of Trimax, -endo, ecto, one having better results than the other. I believe that the more fat the "easier" the Trimax works. I'm almost ending week two of another 4 week cycle and have "only" lost 5 lbs, with a better diet than the first time. Not that I am in great shape now, just less fat to choose from than the first cycle. Anyway, I think the mental benefit of loosing significant weight has helped my overall outlook more than if I had taken it slowly, and gone the traditional route of only diet and excercise. Don't take my opinion only, do some research and decide for yourself if you want to try it. There are many more knowledgable than I, and lots of great information here.

sourinthemind

Awards
After the birth of my daughter in August 2003 I suddenly had almost no time to work out and eating became something done mostly while standing in front of the fridge. Then, last summer I started a new job that pretty much killed the little time I had to work out. I've finally decided that I had to get back on course and started working out again and adjusted my diet. Protein shakes and bars are back, low carb, but not keto, snaking now on raw veggies in dip made with flax seed oil mayo and soup mix. My workouts are still pretty short, partially due to time constaints, partially because I've let myself get so far out of shape that I can't work out as hard as I could (yet). I usually rotate cardio one night, weights the next. Weights are low with high reps to maximize fat burn. In under 2 years I put on about 40 pounds of fat. I also haven't had the time to spend here to keep on on new supplements. I was looking through some posts the other day and the reviews of sesathin have been good so I'll probably order some of that. It seems to me that it would make sense to combine that with a topical, maybe lipoderm. I'm also considering some clen &/or T3. After I lose my babyweight I'll work on getting my lifts back. Any other thoughts on getting back to where I was, maybe even a little better?
thanks
Hal, couple of things....
Don't wait to train to add more lean body mass. You only cheat yourself! The more LBM you have the greater your internal engine to burn anything will be. Your progress may be hindered while you are trying to loss body fat but that is ok. Stress the muscles and put some load on them.

Next, I really would be careful with the T3 especially over 40. Make sure that you plan, plan, plan your up and down dosages with it so you can minimize the impact on your own natural T3 production. The last thing you want is to baloon up 20 lbs heavier than you are now a few months after your cycle is over.

Finally, understand your diet and how it is affecting your own body chemistry. Understanding this will help you master loosing and gaining at will. I know this isn't very specific, but if I were more specific here I would have to write a book on this thread, and that you would have to pay me for. :thumbsup:

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
In my experience you cant depend on supplements and exercise alone. It is what you eat and dont eat that matters. Also please keep in mind that these supps are designed for male metabolisms, a woman, particularly post natal, can damage her system with the improper use of supps. I think the bottom line is you have to burn more calories than you ingest, yet ingest enough to keep healthy. Going vegetarian can work wonders, maybe throw in some boiled eggs and cereal with low fat milk, portion all your meals etc. Just my opinion, hope it helps

Hal

Awards
Thanks everyone. I've been keeping my diet fairly clean and I am seeing progress. I've been lifting sets of 10-12, but will start going heavier and do sets of 6. I'm shooting for 1g protein/lb lean mass and getting lots of raw veggies, carbs are pretty much restricted to a couple bowls of oatmeal. I'll probably pick up some sesathin to try. I've used T3 before, but as intv suggested, I'll keep that for plateau busting.

Steve

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Do some research on Trimax. It might fit your goals. I was/am in similar situation (and we thought only the woman gained the baby weight) and tried Trimax in January for 4 weeks. I lost from 225 to 210 with very little, if any, strength loss. I also used MDien and M5aa to minimize muscle loss. There is a recent post on Triamax that mentions the relationship between body type and the effectiveness of Trimax, -endo, ecto, one having better results than the other. I believe that the more fat the "easier" the Trimax works. I'm almost ending week two of another 4 week cycle and have "only" lost 5 lbs, with a better diet than the first time. Not that I am in great shape now, just less fat to choose from than the first cycle. Anyway, I think the mental benefit of loosing significant weight has helped my overall outlook more than if I had taken it slowly, and gone the traditional route of only diet and excercise. Don't take my opinion only, do some research and decide for yourself if you want to try it. There are many more knowledgable than I, and lots of great information here.
can u point me to that thread? Searching "trimax" is not helping.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Sry, here is a link. I went back and reread it - not as much on body type as I thought I remembered, but here it is. After you read it, please let me know your impressions. Thanks.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18270&highlight=trimax
Oh thanks. I've read that and other threads. I think the stuff is really good. And that of course u need an androgen to preserve your muscles.

But my baseline TSH is a bit on the low side and I dont want to mess up with the thyroid.
I'm probably going to use T2 for short periods (2-3 weeks max), if i must.