Need a good Creatine

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for a new creatine guys, what are some good ones out now?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
"New" is not better with creatine, good old monohydrate is still really as good as it gets. Best value by far.

That said there is some synergy between creatine and TMG, so you can buy both in bulk (SNS is a solid option) or opt fir a blend with both such as the new USPlabs creatine

torylanez

Awards
Creatine mono?
Then Universal/ON/Dymatize
ON is the most soluble in water but I'm not sure if it's creapure

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
We offer a blend as well with 5g Creapure creatine mono along with the full 2.5g dose of betaine anhydrous to take advantage of that synergy in our product VITAL1TY.

Also only 14.99 over at Nutraplanet for a months supply which isn't a bad price at all.

Edit: Not to mention the inclusion of phosphatidyl serine which can stimulate mTOR increasing activity of CREAT1 promoting greater uptake and absorption of your creatine.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine = creatine. Once your saturated they will all (with the exception of CEE) perform the same. A bulk micronized creatine is inexpensive and lasts a long time, just do that instead of buying in to hype and spending unneeded money.

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
Does nobody ever take Kre Alkalyn?

I have been taking Noxi-pro for a long time. It seems to work ok but I like to change things up.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Every single new creatine form that's ever come out has failed to surpass mono hydrate.

I also avoid any pre made mixes with it because its so cheap on it's own, it just makes no sense to buy it as part of a mix.

Buy 500g of it for like 12 bucks, bulk agmatine, and wash them down with black coffee and roll around in the money you saved.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I have been taking Noxi-pro for a long time. It seems to work ok but I like to change things up.
I'm sure lots of people do, however it's just buffered monohydrate. It's great if you have GI issues, and I think saturates quicker (??). Otherwise not worth spending any extra money.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Controlled Labs has Green Magnitude which contains both MCC and Dicreatine Malate, as well as Betaine Anhydrous. If you're looking for just straight monohydrate, then bulk would be the way to go.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Check out PerforMax's CreMax.

As you can tell there is 5g of creatine mono in there which is the clinical dosage.
We have also included betaine for strength and power which has a lot of new research on it, along with COP which helps give you acute endurance, and lastly taurine to help with hydration and prevent cramping.
To replenish the lost electrolytes from sweat we have also included them in our product.

moderncreatine by usp labs is also a good creatine
Any mono will also do

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Controlled Labs has Green Magnitude which contains both MCC and Dicreatine Malate, as well as Betaine Anhydrous. If you're looking for just straight monohydrate, then bulk would be the way to go.
I personally like green mag for the extras and its a pretty good price. $32ish for 80 servings. Like others said though-creatine is creatine is creatine. Bulk will be cheaper in if you're on a budget though.

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/green-magnitude-by-controlled-labs

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/creatine-by-dymatize-nutrition

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Every single new creatine form that's ever come out has failed to surpass mono hydrate.

I also avoid any pre made mixes with it because its so cheap on it's own, it just makes no sense to buy it as part of a mix.

Buy 500g of it for like 12 bucks, bulk agmatine, and wash them down with black coffee and roll around in the money you saved.
But don't shiny packages and excessive marketing mean better gains?

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"New" is not better with creatine, good old monohydrate is still really as good as it gets. Best value by far.

That said there is some synergy between creatine and TMG, so you can buy both in bulk (SNS is a solid option) or opt fir a blend with both such as the new USPlabs creatine
This.

Do you want to know the reason why they keep making new types of creatine and new variations of creatine? Answer: $$$$

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure lots of people do, however it's just buffered monohydrate. It's great if you have GI issues, and I think saturates quicker (??). Otherwise not worth spending any extra money.
Gotcha. To be honest I think Noxi-Pro was working fine I just like to change things up.

What else do you guys mix the bulk monohydrate with? I don't drink coffee! But I also would imagine creatine+caffeine would be a little too much. I do work out in the morning though so I need something to taste decent and be easy to make and drink.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotcha. To be honest I think Noxi-Pro was working fine I just like to change things up. What else do you guys mix the bulk monohydrate with? I don't drink coffee! But I also would imagine creatine+caffeine would be a little too much. I do work out in the morning though so I need something to taste decent and be easy to make and drink.
creatine and stimulants are 100% fine. It's actually in a large portion of preworkouts. You can mix it anything

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
If you want the highest quality for the lowest price, get "creapure" (that's the manufacturer not company/seller) for the lowest price/g you can find

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you want the highest quality for the lowest price, get "creapure" (that's the manufacturer not company/seller) for the lowest price/g you can find
We sell high quality creatine at low prices

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Modern creatine by USPlabs is creatine anhydrous with 2.5g of TMG. Simple, effective, and very cost efficient

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quality bulk mono, save your $ on the rest of the hype

/thread

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Sns version is a years worth for under $20 at most retailers. Good ol monohydrate.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I dnt know but concret makes me feel strong. I still take micronized creatine but I had a few bottles from promera that I won during the shows. So far I can say I feel the difference with and without it.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
^ this is the gold standard. OP, as others have mentioned, if you're looking for just creatine and are on a budget, look for a Creapure - good value can be found with many brands. If you have some extra money though, there are formulas which offer other benefits for just a little bit more. For example, betaine has been shown to improve body composition (increased lbm, decreased fat mass) and increase training volume over 6 weeks.

http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/39

Olympus Labs Vital1ty has both 5 g of Creapure and 2.5 g of betaine, as was used in the study above.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
I have used a variety of creatine supplements and would suggest micronized creatine mono. It mixes easy and isnt very gritty. Not to mention you can get a tub dirt cheap thaf will last forever. Currently I'm taking Vital1ty because of the extra goodies in it. If you're looking for something with a good flavor that you can just mix with water and go, check it out.

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good I'm definitely all about saving some money. So what do you guys mix it with? Lemonade or something?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vital1ty is indeed a great product. No, it's not as cheap as buying bulk mono, but for around $15 a month, you get your creatine and 2.5g betaine anhydrous which is definitely a performance booster. I've been taking it for a little over a month now and am really starting to notice the effects in and out of the gym. Oh, and Sour Apple is ridiculous.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vital1ty is indeed a great product. No, it's not as cheap as buying bulk mono, but for around $15 a month, you get your creatine and 2.5g betaine anhydrous which is definitely a performance booster. I've been taking it for a little over a month now and am really starting to notice the effects in and out of the gym. Oh, and Sour Apple is ridiculous.
I need to get some more. I felt great while I was running that! I had the Mango :)

As others said, plain old mono is very cheap. If you just want creatine only, you can get a ton for the price. I think the TMG is worth it, so something like Vital1ty or Green Magnitude is worth it to me.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I need to get some more. I felt great while I was running that! I had the Mango :)

As others said, plain old mono is very cheap. If you just want creatine only, you can get a ton for the price. I think the TMG is worth it, so something like Vital1ty or Green Magnitude is worth it to me.
I have Mango as well. Not quite as good as Sour Apple, but still delicious. Next up, Strawberry Kiwi, heard it's the shizz!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out PerforMax's CreMax.

As you can tell there is 5g of creatine mono in there which is the clinical dosage.
We have also included betaine for strength and power which has a lot of new research on it, along with COP which helps give you acute endurance, and lastly taurine to help with hydration and prevent cramping.
To replenish the lost electrolytes from sweat we have also included them in our product.

moderncreatine by usp labs is also a good creatine
Any mono will also do
If you're looking for a designer creatine, then look no further. If you just want bulk creapure, ON, Universal, and Allmax are solid options.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Simple sns creatine mono is a great price and high quality, that is if you want just creatine.

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
By the way, do you guys stop using creatine for 4 weeks after 12 weeks of use?

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
I need to get some more. I felt great while I was running that! I had the Mango :) As others said, plain old mono is very cheap. If you just want creatine only, you can get a ton for the price. I think the TMG is worth it, so something like Vital1ty or Green Magnitude is worth it to me.
Get on that sour apple and thank me later. Ridiculous is the perfect word.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have Mango as well. Not quite as good as Sour Apple, but still delicious. Next up, Strawberry Kiwi, heard it's the shizz!!
Vital1ty FTW! Mango I use, which is delicious!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By the way, do you guys stop using creatine for 4 weeks after 12 weeks of use?
No, you don't need to. You can take it year round or once you're saturated, you can take it training days only.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established

Kre Alk is actually a good results producing creatine. Before I first used it in 2005, I would take creatine and not get stronger instantly,
but could tell when I stop taking it. On 2.5g of Kre-Alk I got strength gains in 2 workouts (note: I was a powerlifter then also tho).

I rem when everyone was on CEE nuts (not to get OT).

Creatine Magnapower works at about 3.5g a day, but I don't respond to any "bulk" creatine by itself. Good ol' mono works and always has, just
people take too much of it. Creatine give you phosphate stores for power, but you do not much use much creatine for ATP regeneration if you lifting 10 reps plus on everything. To really put any creatine to the test, you should go to a 10-7-5-3-10 rep program on your multi-joint movements (Bench, squat, back).

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS Creatine Mono 1.2kg for $16 is a no brainer--that's a years worth of quality creatine;)
We also sell TMG as well ;)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I use SNS bulk mono and its fine. 3g training days only.

Green mag is my 2nd choice

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
No, you don't need to. You can take it year round or once you're saturated, you can take it training days only.
That's how I've been doing it on training days only, but Vital1ty says to take it on off days as well.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
That's how I've been doing it on training days only, but Vital1ty says to take it on off days as well.
This is because current research indicates betaine anhydrous is beneficial when dosed consistently beyond acute dosing.

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
This is because current research indicates betaine anhydrous is beneficial when dosed consistently beyond acute dosing.
Oh it's just that ingredient that needs to be taken consistently?

But mono can still be effective just taken on training days?

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Oh it's just that ingredient that needs to be taken consistently? But mono can still be effective just taken on training days?
If you've been taking creatine long enough to reach saturation then training days is fine.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Correct, TMG (betaine) is something that gives better results as in stores in the muscle, like creatine. There is no real benfit from taking say 5g of creatine only on workout days 3 or 4 days a week, unless you workout over 5 or more days a week.

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
Alright we got conflicting reports here...
Reports are conflicting because there really isn't a definitive answer to this question. I would recommend experimenting with dosing workout days only, or every day and see if you find one you like better.

With that said, my stance is based off of this study
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14971966
In which it was found that muscle phosphocreatine levels lasted long beyond the 30 day wash-out period. While that obviously isn't the whole picture, to me that implies a slower release and would lead me to believe that once saturated, dosing every day is unnecessary.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We offer a blend as well with 5g Creapure creatine mono along with the full 2.5g dose of betaine anhydrous to take advantage of that synergy in our product VITAL1TY.

Also only 14.99 over at Nutraplanet for a months supply which isn't a bad price at all.

Edit: Not to mention the inclusion of phosphatidyl serine which can stimulate mTOR increasing activity of CREAT1 promoting greater uptake and absorption of your creatine.
^ this is the gold standard. OP, as others have mentioned, if you're looking for just creatine and are on a budget, look for a Creapure - good value can be found with many brands. If you have some extra money though, there are formulas which offer other benefits for just a little bit more. For example, betaine has been shown to improve body composition (increased lbm, decreased fat mass) and increase training volume over 6 weeks.

http://www.jissn.com/content/10/1/39

Olympus Labs Vital1ty has both 5 g of Creapure and 2.5 g of betaine, as was used in the study above.

Get on that sour apple and thank me later. Ridiculous is the perfect word.
Vital1ty FTW! Mango I use, which is delicious!
These guys know What's up!!! EXCEPT Strawberry Kiwi takes the cake for delicious flavor award, hands down!