Any supplements to avoid while on BP meds ?

Jbrooks

Awards
  • Established
My blood presurre was alittle high so my doctor prescribed me Azor (Azor contains a combination of 5mg amlodipine and 20mg olmesartan) I am also on trt 120mg a week. Question is there anything I should avoid while on Azor as far as supplements ? I know prohormores that would increase BP I'm more thinking of things that could have a negative reaction between the 2

Some things I take.
Omega 3
Coq10
Forskolin
Burn24
Amicare pro
Reduce xt
Tmg
Sleephoria
Formastane

Just wondering if there's things I should make a point to avoid not just list above.

Cheers

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I'm not 100%, but I'm *pretty* sure anything with Yohimbe is a huge no. Also any stimulants (caffeine etc.)???

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As someone on bp mess all ph is probably a no no and any stims

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Almost every supplement will include BP issues in their list of warnings of conditions which should make its use ill advised.

This is more for liability as many of them mat have little-no impact on BP.
That being said the only safe way to go about it is to consult your doctor.

The next best is to look up each ingredient on a database such as examine.com and check if there are BP effects.

Used responsibly no supplement should be overly harmful but monitoring your BP would be a good idea.

What supplements were you considering other than those listed? The ones listed should not be a large concern, and if anything a few could help lower BP (Forskolin, a few ingredients in Burn 24)

Jbrooks

Awards
  • Established
I was considering running dermafury and lipomorph. I was more thinking of anything that could have interactions ingredient wise with the meds

Cheers

KimChee75

KimChee75

Awards
I too have hypertension controlled by medicine. I highly recommend monitoring your BP 3x per day everyday you'd be surprised at the number of non stim supplements that can raise your BP (ie Vanillean). Green tea used to be my go to day to day, but some studies show it can interfere with BP meds

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Make sure to avoid anything with nitrates.