CEE and Caffine...

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
I have always heard that caffine and creatine is a bad idea...

A lot of products are now coming out w/CEE and caffine (CET, No-Explode I think, etc)....is CEE safe with caffine or has the whole creatine and caffine thing been **** all along?

Sorry boys havent used creatine in a while and wanted to get some things straight before I dive in once again....

Thanks

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
bump on this, whats the deal with all these hemodiolator(sp?) type products with caffine, which is something that resricts blood vessels? seems parodoxical.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
bump on this, whats the deal with all these hemodiolator(sp?) type products with caffine, which is something that resricts blood vessels? seems parodoxical.
Thats why I don't buy that ****. Why put something that constricts along with something that expands or "hemodialates"?.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've read that caffeine helps w/ creatine absorption. Read that on here somewhere. Not sure if it's true. I'll try a search on the 'net after I get back from the gym.

Yes, NO Xplode does have caffeine.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
BUMP...come on....someone has to know....or have a better idea than myself...

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
its like these companies like bsn dump a whole bunch of **** into there supps and then hope something in it works.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read that caffeine helps w/ creatine absorption. Read that on here somewhere. Not sure if it's true. I'll try a search on the 'net after I get back from the gym.

Actually quite the opposite. Here is a quote from CME.

"By the way, caffine intake over 400 MG daily, as well as the isoflavone genistein in soy protein inhibit creatine transport. Genistein inhibits tyrosine kinases which is necessary for nutrient transport."

His book is pretty good, but I don't really think it was worth the money, even though I was think about getting "Building The Perfect Beast". I don't know, by reading his book he just sounds like a real egotistical muscle head!.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established

I think in theory it was supposed to help absorption, but later there was some evidence pointing towards opposite effect. Anymore, though, I don't know. I don't think a conclusion was ever officially made.

http://www.romanvideo.com/

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just posted this in the NO-Xplode thread

Think about it, one is a diuretic, and one causes water retention.

Caffeine counteracts the ergogenic action of muscle creatine loading.
Vandenberghe K, Gillis N, Van Leemputte M, Van Hecke P, Vanstapel F, Hespel P.

Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy, Department of Kinesiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium.

This study aimed to compare the effects of oral creatine (Cr) supplementation with creatine supplementation in combination with caffeine (Cr+C) on muscle phosphocreatine (PCr) level and performance in healthy male volunteers (n = 9). Before and after 6 days of placebo, Cr (0.5 g x kg-1 x day-1), or Cr (0.5 g x kg-1 x day-1) + C (5 mg x kg-1 x day-1) supplementation, 31P-nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of the gastrocnemius muscle and a maximal intermittent exercise fatigue test of the knee extensors on an isokinetic dynamometer were performed. The exercise consisted of three consecutive maximal isometric contractions and three interval series of 90, 80, and 50 maximal voluntary contractions performed with a rest interval of 2 min between the series. Muscle ATP concentration remained constant over the three experimental conditions. Cr and Cr+C increased (P < 0.05) muscle PCr concentration by 4-6%. Dynamic torque production, however, was increased by 10-23% (P < 0.05) by Cr but was not changed by Cr+C. Torque improvement during Cr was most prominent immediately after the 2-min rest between the exercise bouts. The data show that Cr supplementation elevates muscle PCr concentration and markedly improves performance during intense intermittent exercise. This ergogenic effect, however, is completely eliminated by caffeine intake.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
What about hemodialators? I've had great pumps with citrulline malate yet I drink coffee in the morning.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
What about hemodialators? I've had great pumps with citrulline malate yet I drink coffee in the morning.
I still get great pumps from CM and AAKG tablets even if I consume caffeine at the same time.

As far as caffeine and creatine, if I remember right, you should not consume them at the same time of the day, but it's okay to take caffeine while using creatine.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
drink your coffe/eat youe E/C pre-workout, dose your CEE post-workout.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
I like my CEE preworkout....plus I could use the break from the constant need for caffine...(which becomes a dependency quickly)...