Brain Fog with ALCAR?

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Is this a possible side effect? I have been on ALCAR for a while now, but only recently have been experiencing some fog upon my AM fasted dose.

Thanks.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
This is a 2g fasted dose, I'm going to try lowering it to 1g and see, but still looking for some feedback.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Definitely try lower dose, first. I had the same thing, even at 1g. Now I dont get it at all. I had to start with 500mg doses for a few days.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
What ALCAR gives me is throbbing headaches! Even at just 1/16 tsp / 125mg. Can't counter that side effect so I have to stick with LCLT...

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Its weird cause Focus XT didn't bother me, during the same period of time.

Choline (citi/a-gpc) appeared to help, too, but maybe it was a coincidence... Seems backwards from what ive read.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
black, I did take choline with it and in fact added more and more every day with my ALcar, BUT NADA. Some days it would contain the headache but the following day it would be unbearable again so I gave up on it. Choline on the other hand seems to help quite a bit with regards to mental clarity, focus and a general good feeling

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I recently bumped my am dose from 2g to 1g and have had much better results. I take 1g with Alphamine and it works really well. 2g had me foggy as well

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd recommend only taking 1g at a time. In higher doses I've had minor issues, but 1g dosed multiple times per day seems to be the sweet spot.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Definitely try lower dose, first. I had the same thing, even at 1g. Now I dont get it at all. I had to start with 500mg doses for a few days.
I recently bumped my am dose from 2g to 1g and have had much better results. I take 1g with Alphamine and it works really well. 2g had me foggy as well
I'd recommend only taking 1g at a time. In higher doses I've had minor issues, but 1g dosed multiple times per day seems to be the sweet spot.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Gonna try 1g starting tomorrow. I also take 2g LCLT pre-workout without problems (I believe that there aren't any cognitive effects of LCLT though), so this is my only ALCAR dose of the day.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is interesting because every time I tried Focus XT I got very agitated and brain dead. I attributed to Huperzine, which I do not like because it makes me feel on edge. I wonder if it was the ALCAR since I have not taken that by itself.

Dopamean1

Dopamean1

Awards
One mechanism of ALCAR is enhancing Serotonin and Norepinephrine release while having little effect on Dopamine release; especially at higher doses. It does the same thing to me if I dose over 500mg at a time, the brain fog, and especially if there is no R-LA along with it; ALCAR is pro-oxidant by nature so it's always best stacked with ALA or preferably R-LA.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback guys. Gonna try 1g starting tomorrow. I also take 2g LCLT pre-workout without problems (I believe that there aren't any cognitive effects of LCLT though), so this is my only ALCAR dose of the day.
No, not with LCLT. However LCLT is great when used in conjunction with X Gels. And there seems to be some new research out providing favorable results in improved body composition when supplementing LCLT.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
No, not with LCLT. However LCLT is great when used in conjunction with X Gels. And there seems to be some new research out providing favorable results in improved body composition when supplementing LCLT.
Yea it's been a staple for a while and I've ran it with x-gels as well with good results

dpk33

Banned
Awards
Out of curiousity, what are the benefits of LCLT in terms of body composition?