wranglergirl jittery

1. Registered User

wranglergirl jittery

I think I know the answer here but some one else may have some insight that I dont have.......
    Been taking a suppliment.....its called mini thin......it gives me all this energy which is what I need .........Anyway i took one tonight/late this afternoon before volleyball, say 6ish, and during the 4 games we played I was all of a sudden jittery, my hands were out of control shaking, and I felt like i was going to throw up.....I had to sit out of the last game, and although it was for special olympics( staff people pair up with someone that is handicapped and we assit them when playing)........( helping support them with going after the ball, facing there fears)......ANYWAY, I still feel crappy, like i am going to puke........My question is, is it the late hour, or my body reacting to the actuall product? this is the latest i have taken it and I havent had a problem and its been 4 weeks........

On a disclaimer I also know its most likely not the best thing to take........I do know this....but for me its quick energy and I need that now with teaching 8-4 everyday 2 classes of preschool special ed, plus teaching at the gym and coaching for the special olympics.......

2. Banned

I used mini thins in college and noticed the same effect.

Did you take it with food? This might be the problem if you were on an empty stomach.

Purity with mini thins might be bad, but I haven't seen any data. Ephedrine has many isomers, some of which you don't want for a pre workout boost. Possible the distillation process is not filtering the impurities out.

Hope that helps.
  3. Board Supporter

I think mini-thins are 25mg ephedrine HCL and 200mg guaifenesin. Could it have been low blood sugar or dehydration? You may want to look into a better/healthier alternative for long term energy, something like Neurostim or even just caffeine and alcar. If you still want to take mini-thins, try splitting them in half and having caffeine with them.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.

Eat girl! A little food in the stomach can help this. And mini-thins are not the best thing in the world. I also suggest you take some time off from constant use. If you need more energy look into Green-tea, its great stuff.

Also it may have been b/c of norepinephrine levels got way high due to the exertion and the combo of a stimulant. If you must take them cut back on the dose.

5. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.

sounds like attacks i get sometimes... i'm mildly hypoglycemic... same exact thing happens... i get cold sweats a lot too
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine and too much makes that happen to me. my wife is using the eca stack and feeling a little more energy. maybe too high of a dose. I would cycle the mini thins also. by the way good to hear from you, we dont get much feedback from females here.
  7. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

I was gonna say it sounds like a combination of stimulation paired with hypoglycemia. If you're using these things regularly you should look into other forms of energy boosts. Ephedrine will lead to adrenal fatigue and then you'll be really forked up (I've been there). The suggestion to use Neurostim was good. GO! is also a good energy booster and cheaper than Neurostim. Here are some non-stimulating alternatives that work well:

ALCAR+choline citrate
    L-tyrosine
    Chocamine
    Glucuronolactone
    Panax ginseng

Add some mood enhancers like:
    Rhodiola rosea
    green tea extract

I think a badass combo would be ALCAR, choline citrate, chocamine, rhodiola rosea. Damn, I may have to try that out.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  8. Registered User

thanks for the input I will def have to check something out......
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

You could wait for Ergopharm's new energizer AMP. People got samples of it at The Arnold and said it's great pre-WO for energy. Par Deus said he's even tried for partying. I can't wait to get some to have some more energy after my 10 hr. a day job.

Biggjohn - little point of clarification: distillation does not "filter" impurities, it separates them based on relative volatilities (basically boiling points). Filtration and distillation are 2 main forms of separation for chemical processes.
  10. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    You could wait for Ergopharm's new energizer AMP. People got samples of it at The Arnold and said it's great pre-WO for energy. Par Deus said he's even tried for partying. I can't wait to get some to have some more energy after my 10 hr. a day job.

Biggjohn - little point of clarification: distillation does not "filter" impurities, it separates them based on relative volatilities (basically boiling points). Filtration and distillation are 2 main forms of separation for chemical processes.
    You're right, distillation would commonly be performed by utilizing a difference in boiling points. Poor choice of words. I've studied many separation processes in detail (BS CHE). I don't think E HCL is purified by distillation. I'm thinking HCL is used to raise the pH of a solution of E isomers, paricipitated E out of solution. The product is then filtered. The cake (product) is then washed, dried, pressed or capped. I might be leaving a step out but this is the basics I believe. If you don't get the pH target, you could be dropping out other isomers or contaminants. Several wash steps would help too, but you lose some product every time, so they might cheap out to save on cost and not perform enough washing. Hard to say unless I can see the actual process.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Hey,
    Good to see another ChemE on here. I met a ME at my plant from UofI.

Removing isomers can certainly be done via distillation, we have that in one of our processes, but your thoughts are generally what I've seen (ala para-xylene separation via crystallization from meta and ortho).

Anyway, that plants (3) that I'm THE process engr. for are all basically separation (basic olefin units). So, I deal w/ probably 30 columns every freaking day. I've got one fouled pretty bad right now.
  12. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Hey,
    Good to see another ChemE on here. I met a ME at my plant from UofI.

Removing isomers can certainly be done via distillation, we have that in one of our processes, but your thoughts are generally what I've seen (ala para-xylene separation via crystallization from meta and ortho).

Anyway, that plants (3) that I'm THE process engr. for are all basically separation (basic olefin units). So, I deal w/ probably 30 columns every freaking day. I've got one fouled pretty bad right now.
    I actually when to Purdue, but I'm pulling for the illini in the ncaa's since I'm from illinios.

I spent the last two years developing membrane separators for humidification as a project/product engineer. How's the job market for process engineers these days, I might be looking for a job soon as my company is going down the crapper.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Seems to be picking up rapidly at plants that make basic chemicals/polymers (specialties haven't rebounded yet, so they haven't passed the high raw material costs on to customers yet like we have).

It's also great to work for a multinational oil company!

Check Shell's site, I heard that they are looking to hire a 1000 engrs. into their exploration divsion soon (where the money, and careers are).

I know at least 5 or 6 kids from Purdue through co-op/intern, most are still there, or graduated w/ me last May
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Energy Supplements without the jittery feeling?
    By damien888 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 05:58 PM
  2. Best "non-jittery" pre-workout supplement?
    By cpa5oh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 06:44 PM
  3. Happy Birthday, WranglerGirl!!
    By bigpetefox in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 07:59 PM