How do uncouplers work?

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Get as technical as you like. I am unclear as to what uncouplers do, and how they burn fat.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A little. I found this to be helpful:

Uncouplers by definition, uncouple the electron transport chain that inhibit fermentation and decrease ATP production. So since uncouplers affect oxidative phosphorylation by the very nature of their action iwould expect lethargy due to the reduction in ATP production.
This here was really good:

DNP or any oxidative uncopuler destroys the membrane - or at very small concentrations destoyed - the proton gradient change I in the inner part of mitochondrial membrane. Cells continue to oxidize food molecules to feed electrons into the electron-transport chin, but H+ ions pumped across the membrane flow back into the mitochondria in futile cycle. Their energy cannot be tapped to drive ATV synthesis, and hence is released as heat. Patients who have been given small doses of DNP lose weight because their fat reserves are used more rapidly to feed the electron-transport chain, and the whole process simply “wastes� energy.
A similar mechanism of heat production I used by specialized tissue composed of brown fat cells, which is abundant in newborn humans and in hibernating animals. These cells are packed with mitochondria that leak part of their H+ gradient futilely back across the membrane for the sole purpose of warming up the organism. These cells are brown because they are packed with mitochondria, which contain high concentrations of pigmented proteins, such as cytochromes.

The DNP collapses the electrochemical proton gradient completely. H+ ions that are pumped to one side of the membrane flow back freely, and therefore no energy can be stored across the membrane.

An electrochemical gradient is made up of two components: a concentration gradient and an electrical potential. If the membrane is made permeable to K+ with migraine, K+ will be driven into the matrix by the electrical potential of the inner membrane ( negative inside, positive outside). The influx of positively charged K+ will abolish the membrane’s electrical potential . In contrast, the concentration component of the H+ gradient ( the PH difference ) is unaffected by ingrain. Therefore, only part of the driving force that makes it energetically favorable for H+ ions to flow back into the matrix is lost.
And this one was an awsome simple description:

in simple language.....Oxidative uncopuler is compound that makes holes in the cells Mitochodria (cells energy factory), and that will influence Krebs cycle, so the body cant use Carbohydrates as enegy source. the body will use other sources like stored body fats,or fats and protein from your food intake, that will make you lose weight.

The thing is, from the looks of it, it seems that uncouplers would inherently be extremely catabolic. The reason I say that is because from what I just read, they prevent the use of carbohydrates for energy. That means your body will use fat and PROTEIN. Where will it get the protein from? Your muscles. I'm not entirely sure I like that idea.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
DNP is an uncoupler.

DNP burns fat yet seems (not 100% sure) spare muscle.

Hit up DS. He might be able to help a bit more with how uncouplers function.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The thing is, from the looks of it, it seems that uncouplers would inherently be extremely catabolic. The reason I say that is because from what I just read, they prevent the use of carbohydrates for energy. That means your body will use fat and PROTEIN. Where will it get the protein from? Your muscles. I'm not entirely sure I like that idea.
Not nessicerily.

Amino acids must be converted into carbohydrates(glucose) before they arwe burned as fuel. Wheras fatty acids are directly "burned" without conversion to glucose. I think that is how it works anyway.

On DNP if one eats a lot of carbs(and they will only do it once) they experience a steep rise in temperature(moreso than if they eat a high GI carb). The consumption of fats(and proteins) does not cause this though. I have heard many a time that DNP is anti catabolic to muscle.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
For the record, DS's "uncoupler" might not be an uncoupler at all. He said its method of action is so unique that by telling us what or how it works (he wrote 3 words down at one point in the uncoupler post and had to delete it because it gave enough information to make searching possible and easy).

With that being said, I'm fairly certain DNP is as anti-catabolic as they come. I guess if you used all your fat stores then it would revert to muscle wasting for energy (guess?) but then again if you burn all your fat you got other things to worry about.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sledge's "uncoupler" is not an uncoupler in the classical sense. I am not going to say more on it than that, but it is a great, great molecule. I refer to it as SesaThin's twin brother. It is big-time.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Sledge's "uncoupler" is not an uncoupler in the classical sense. I am not going to say more on it than that, but it is a great, great molecule. I refer to it as SesaThin's twin brother. It is big-time.
Sounds good!

BTW, great to have another big info-packed brain over here :D (haven't seen you post here before--even with the 27 post count--I lurk your board)

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sounds good!

BTW, great to have another big info-packed brain over here :D (haven't seen you post here before--even with the 27 post count--I lurk your board)

We are going to sponsor here, so you will see more of me.

But, I have nothing but respect for Bobo, and obviously this place has evolved a great deal since. I think it is probably the second best board on the 'net ;)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
We are going to sponsor here, so you will see more of me.

But, I have nothing but respect for Bobo, and obviously this place has evolved a great deal since. I think it is probably the second best board on the 'net ;)
Sounds good...

(Second best board :D pffft! :D)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
DNP spares muscle really well and burns fat like no other compound on this planet, downside is that it must be used with extreme caution with sides such as death. I'm guessing whatever sledge is coming out with will be very effective and a lot safer.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
I am not going to say more on it than that, but it is a great, great molecule. I refer to it as SesaThin's twin brother. It is big-time.
Actually this holds a LOT of weight with alot of people.

By you saying this Par, it only solidifies all of our hype waiting for Melting Point.

I just hope to God Sledge will have taken ALL the proper precautions (I assume he will have) to limit copycats.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
DNP spares muscle really well and burns fat like no other compound on this planet, downside is that it must be used with extreme caution with sides such as death. I'm guessing whatever sledge is coming out with will be very effective and a lot safer.
I haven't seen any LD50 for it although that doesn't mean there isn't one. Sledge will have to file a patent for it's use so hopefully that doesn't delay it. The comparison to Sesamin is fair but this product could actually replace it.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I haven't seen any LD50 for it although that doesn't mean there isn't one. Sledge will have to file a patent for it's use so hopefully that doesn't delay it. The comparison to Sesamin is fair but this product could actually replace it.
I don't think he would be issued a patent for this -- at least not an effective one because there are so many uses someone could use to get around it.

Broad patent apps are very hard to get through (plus, I've known about this chemical for over 2 years, anyway)

The key is sourcing and branding. Get a head start and get the name out there.

This goes for most everything in our industry because you can only patent a use or synthesis on a naturally chemical. Unless you are willing to be very vigilant and spend money in court (and, you still have to have a pretty airtight patent), people will still rip it off.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I don't think he would be issued a patent for this -- at least not an effective one because there are so many uses someone could use to get around it.

Broad patent apps are very hard to get through (plus, I've known about this chemical for over 2 years, anyway)

The key is sourcing and branding. Get a head start and get the name out there.

This goes for most everything in our industry because you can only patent a use or synthesis on a naturally chemical. Unless you are willing to be very vigilant and spend money in court (and, you still have to have a pretty airtight patent), people will still rip it off.
I would think the patent would only focus on it's use as a 'fat burner'. Granted, it won't protect it from being sold for the others things it does but it perhaps would hinder a bigger company like Trimspa from using it in their product without royalities being paid to Sledge. I don't think Trimspa or other higher profile companies would market it for it's hy*******ic properties, etc.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would think the patent would only focus on it's use as a 'fat burner'. Granted, it won't protect it from being sold for the others things it does but it perhaps would hinder a bigger company like Trimspa from using it in their product without royalities being paid to Sledge. I don't think Trimspa or other higher profile companies would market it for it's hy*******ic properties, etc.
A patent for fat loss or weight loss is doable (see 7-Keto), but it requires a clinical study.

And, as I said, I've known about it for 2+ years (and, it was pointed out to me by someone else), so it wouldn't matter anyway.

I certainly do not think it a bad idea to file a provisional patent app just to be able to use the term "patent pending", though.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
**** Caleb, you knew about this for 2 years and didn't hook us up? Shame!

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
**** Caleb, you knew about this for 2 years and didn't hook us up? Shame!
I looked into getting it done (or had others look) off and on, but I had been looking for SesaThin for almost 2 years before learning of this one, so it was way ahead.

Like I said, it is very often all about sourcing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7