djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Calcium Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate
Monohydrate and Free acid beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate which is better.
HMB FA
I notice only muscle tech carrys Free acid beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate but the calcium Beta-Hydroxy Beta-Methylbutyrate I see many brands.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would predict that if they did a similar study, but with four different groups: 1) an HMB-FA group, 2) a placebo group, 3) a pre-workout and post-workout protein, carbs, BCAAs, creatine, beta-alanine, and betaine group, and 4) an HMB-FA plus pre-workout and post-workout protein, carbs, BCAAs, creatine, beta-alanine, and betaine group, the results would be as follows: Group 1 would produce better gains in muscle size and strength than Group 2. Both Groups 3 and 4 would produce better gains in muscle size and strength than Group 1 and Group 2. Group 4 would have no additional benefits beyond what Group 3 experienced.

The subjects taking the HMB-FA gained about 60 pounds more on their squat, 15 pounds more on their bench press, and about 30 pounds more on their deadlift at the end of the 12 weeks looking at that link. Admittedly, those are crazy results but when the strength differences between the HMB-FA group and the placebo group were compared after the first eight weeks of training --when the subjects were following the regular periodized training program -- the only significant strength difference was for the squat, which was 15 pounds greater for the HMB-FA group than the placebo group. The difference in bench-press strength and deadlift strength between the two groups was not significant so is it worth the cost? So, the massive strength differences are largely due to a drop in strength in the placebo group looks like.
Could you stack Free acid beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate with PA?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would predict that if they did a similar study, but with four different groups: 1) an HMB-FA group, 2) a placebo group, 3) a pre-workout and post-workout protein, carbs, BCAAs, creatine, beta-alanine, and betaine group, and 4) an HMB-FA plus pre-workout and post-workout protein, carbs, BCAAs, creatine, beta-alanine, and betaine group, the results would be as follows: Group 1 would produce better gains in muscle size and strength than Group 2. Both Groups 3 and 4 would produce better gains in muscle size and strength than Group 1 and Group 2. Group 4 would have no additional benefits beyond what Group 3 experienced.

The subjects taking the HMB-FA gained about 60 pounds more on their squat, 15 pounds more on their bench press, and about 30 pounds more on their deadlift at the end of the 12 weeks looking at that link. Admittedly, those are crazy results but when the strength differences between the HMB-FA group and the placebo group were compared after the first eight weeks of training --when the subjects were following the regular periodized training program -- the only significant strength difference was for the squat, which was 15 pounds greater for the HMB-FA group than the placebo group. The difference in bench-press strength and deadlift strength between the two groups was not significant so is it worth the cost? So, the massive strength differences are largely due to a drop in strength in the placebo group looks like.
Could you stack Free acid beta-hydroxy-beta-methylbutyrate with PA?
You shouldn't just ignore the last 4 weeks of the study. The 2 week overreaching phase was a very significant part of that study, as it showed that HMB-FA can significantly reduce overreaching and the decline in performance that goes with it. If you take this into account with your training, HMB-FA can be a very beneficial supplement. My experience with it seems to confirm this.

And yes, you can stack HMB-FA and PA. I've been taking both for a while now. It's a great combo. I know a few other people have stacked/are stacking both with good results.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HMB FA like PA has human studies and both ingredients are good.

i mean HMB FA is a good anti catabolic supp. If you train hard. I mean very hard or maybe cutting, then HMB FA will work perfectly there. I used to workout each musclegroup 1x/weekly now i do 2x / weekly and i dont feel any DOMS. For me it is benedicial to have so fast recovery. Usualy i have bad DOMS and my recovery is not so good due to severe sleep apnea. HMB FA really works .

Stacking it with PA (such as soy lecithin granules) you will love the anabolic/anti catabolic duo.

We are throwing much money on herbs,plants etc which dont even have any benefits in humans.even not in animals so i mean HMB FA is one of the products that at least have benefits in humans. Dr wilson, hoffman and stout know that