best supplemts for 19 year old besides protein/ creatine

powerpunk5000

Awards
what are some other supplemts good for a 19 year old besides the basics of protein and creatin bcaa ect. I was looking at daa ara and Magnitropin and aneabeta stuff like that

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Your T levels should be just fine so no need for DAA. At your age you will get more out of a good healthy diet and the basic supps. Protein, fish oil, creatine ....

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You do not need DAA and shouldn't be messing with anything that can screw up what are probably good hormone numbers at your age. You should be prime to see good growth with boring old food and lifting. The only thing I'd say is creatine and maybe a PWO.

wray98

wray98

Awards
what are some other supplemts good for a 19 year old besides the basics of protein and creatin bcaa ect. I was looking at daa ara and Magnitropin and aneabeta stuff like that
You just need the basics... creatine, protein, fish oil ... if anything add in a vasodilator like Noxivol... other than that you are set. No need to boost T levels at your age..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Fishoil ----> Grab something like Oxi-Omega
and a decent Multi ---> OT / Animal Pak

Keep it simple.

powerpunk5000

Awards
DAA will not mess up my hormonal balance, it is natural? I currently use all the regular sups, so I'm looking for something to give me a better edge. I have been working out for 2-3 years and am finding it harder to make weight gains.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
DAA will not mess up my hormonal balance, it is natural? I currently use all the regular sups, so I'm looking for something to give me a better edge. I have been working out for 2-3 years and am finding it harder to make weight gains.
At 19 its hard to believe youve reached your natural threshold... whats your TDEE

powerpunk5000

Awards
I didn't reach my potential i know that. But anything that can increase would also be great as gains are coming in slower

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Then you aren't doing something correct because you should be entering your highest potential for growth and strength. I know you are looking for a quick fix, but taking some crap like DAA is not going to help you.

Are you really 5'8", 130lbs??

wray98

wray98

Awards
I think you should focus on eating more food as well... gains slow down after a period of time. At that point its time to start eating more food and trying different training methods.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Increase your caloric intake
reduce cardio
Utilize Periodization.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
The longer you workout and the better shape your in the longer it will take to make gains. Doesn't mean you need to take anything other then the basics, I've seen to many guys wanting fast results start taking things that they we're to young to be worrying about yet. At your age just eat like a horse and stick to what you've been taking. Change your training around and your diet before thinking its more supplements you need to turn to. Maybe not what you wanted to hear, but these guys know what they are talking about. Good luck with the gains.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
Look up workouts for Hard gainers and stuff your face.

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
I've told you this. And now that I know your 130, all you need is some steakadrol and maybe some fishvar. In all seriousness raise calorie by 1000-2000 whatever you are eating now and lift until you reach ~150 then begin with supplements, even then you still have a long way to go

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would stick with what you listed & stay away from hormonal supplements. Multi & fish oils should compliment what you have listed above. Also your energy should be off the charts & you should be growing off increased calories easily.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Supplement with chipotle
-This

As its been said several times already ...... at your age just EAT and LIFT and you will make gains. Toss in a good multi and fish oil and you should be just fine.
And by good multi I mean one that's tailored for the athletic lifestyle ...... ACTIVE MULTI by FINAFLEX is a good one. It is a staple for me along with a good quality fish oil and a fridge full of healthy food ;)
Amazing deal on it over at NP right now ....
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/redefine-nutrition/active-multi-120-capsules.html

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Start with getting your diet in check, get your macros with a calculator like on iifym . Com
And start a training program like phat, phat can be fun becAuse at 19 your strength and mass should sky rocket with just a good diet,, once that's in place give ara a shot, i know at 19 supps are motivating and ara works and isn't hormonal so it should be safe

warrior737

Awards
Add more health fats into your diet. This always helps boost test naturally. Bacon grease, fish oil, and butter are staples in my diet.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Peanut Butter, eggs, milk, avocados, etc.

Lots of food and lift heavy. Don't do a ton of accessory work right now, focus on the Big Three. Something like StrongLifts 5 X 5 or Starting Strength.

What are your current lifts?

powerpunk5000

Awards

Lots of food and lift heavy. Don't do a ton of accessory work right now, focus on the Big Three. Something like StrongLifts 5 X 5 or Starting Strength.

1 rep max bench is 190lbs

curls 35lbs for 8-10 w slow negative reps

300lbs leg press 8-10 rep

squat 120 10-12 reps

shoulder press 90 lbs 10 reps

tricep pull down 80lbs 10 reps

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yes to this. But, focus on the big 6.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
deads
squats
bench
OHP
dips
pullups

I'd also throw rows in there as they will compliment the vertical pull of the pullups.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always smile when I see people doing OHP because it is so neglected and such a humbling move for people because you can bench all you want, but that will show you your weak spots.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always smile when I see people doing OHP because it is so neglected and such a humbling move for people because you can bench all you want, but that will show you your weak spots.
Absolutely! Although, i saw a guy this morning basically doing an incline bench while standing up, LOL.

I just recently passed the one plate barrier on OHP after almost three years of lifting. I had never lifted in my life before then. It was a good feeling :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, it is! It is a primal feeling to lift something over your head, almost like lifting something heavy off the ground. IMO, two of the most functional (cringe) things we probably do in life from a physical standpoint.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely! Although, i saw a guy this morning basically doing an incline bench while standing up, LOL. I just recently passed the one plate barrier on OHP after almost three years of lifting. I had never lifted in my life before then. It was a good feeling :)
the exact moment I pushed a plate per side overhead I realized I had a new favorite movement haha

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would also add fish oil and gut health. I love my gut health!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I have been working out for 2-3 years and am finding it harder to make weight gains.
seriously? :p
ahh, the impatience of youth..

now that I know your 130, all you need is some steakadrol and maybe some fishvar. In all seriousness raise calorie by 1000-2000 whatever you are eating now and lift until you reach ~150 then begin with supplements, even then you still have a long way to go
this guy speaks truth - altho, you may want to temper the immediate huge boost in cal intake he mentions, and work yourself up gradually..jumping to ginormous changes in intake can backfire, and is not real suitable to be able to assess and change things if needed...but the point of the post - food, and more of it - is golden

Supplement with chipotle
not bad, if you are forced to eat out
I wouldn't exactly live off the stuff tho, not real efficient on the pocketbook

I heard this supplement has some nasty side effects, sever stomach cramps, and diearea for days
wut?

great

Drop the curls,leg press,tricep pulldowns and add deadlift.
wut? :D
telling a teenager to drop the curls - are you nuts? ain't gonna happen
deadlift tho - yeah add that in, it's worthwhile

deads
squats
bench
OHP
dips
pullups

I'd also throw rows in there as they will compliment the vertical pull of the pullups.
solid advice
there are many different exercises to help you develop, depending on what goals you have..
try everything you can -- and the ones that are the hardest, keep them as regulars ;)

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
there are actually a few supplement I think you can use. ALC wouldn't hurt, and its great for improved mood and mental acuity as well as possibly optimizing hormonal output and fatloss. vit C pre work out and turmeric/curcumin. CLA and HMB are some other things and I suppose a cortisol supplement wouldn't hurt you either but these are all only things you could use.. not that im saying you should use them. all of the pre-requisite foundation principles must be met and maintained before any supplement is going to help you.
the biggest part of all of it is diet. sups are last.. dead last.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
TMG
Beta Alanine
Sodium Bicarb if you're feeling frisky.

Don't use test boosters. They're a waste at your age and a waste in general unless you're in pct or are living in an extremely estrogenic environment.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TMG and beta-alanine would be fine. Really you are going to be disappointed in most anything if the nutrition and training side of things are not in order.

Tell us what you ate the last three days(include quantities) and we can go from there.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Gallon of milk every day! You will grow like a weed!

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gallon of milk every day! You will grow like a weed!
I personally like this approach myself but really we have no idea what this guy is eating to begin with. We need to see his diet and go from there.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I personally like this approach myself but really we have no idea what this guy is eating to begin with. We need to see his diet and go from there.
OP is 5'8 130lbs :eek: so yes he needs food

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
A gallon of milk is a good way to get fat and grow tits.

Op, eat Italian food. Done.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
A gallon of milk is a good way to get fat and grow tits. Op, eat Italian food. Done.
For hard gainers you'd be surprised haha. I did this and only put on minimal body fat during my bulk in winter.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
itt, the engineer espouses pasta > than milk :p

actually, with a milk allergy myself, I cannot honestly disagree here..