Sleep Issues - Help

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Im having serious sleep issues, much worse than normal recently. Normal is still absolutely awful.

Melatonin used to work for me so thinking of picking something up with it in again.

The supps I see availible with melatonin in are :

Melatonin 1mg/3mg/5mg (natrol)
Melatonin 1mg/3mg/5mg timed release (natrol)
REM PM
Sleephoria

Which do you think is best? Baring in mind GABA and HTP seem to keep me awake, is it best going for the basic melatonin supp?

Further more, is melatonin or melatonin timed release the better option?

Reps for helpful answers

Thanks

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
From what Ive read, 1mg or lower is the best option, is that correct?

bb333

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Im having serious sleep issues, much worse than normal recently. Normal is still absolutely awful.

Melatonin used to work for me so thinking of picking something up with it in again.

The supps I see availible with melatonin in are :

Melatonin 1mg/3mg/5mg (natrol)
Melatonin 1mg/3mg/5mg timed release (natrol)
REM PM
Sleephoria

Which do you think is best? Baring in mind GABA and HTP seem to keep me awake, is it best going for the basic melatonin supp?

Further more, is melatonin or melatonin timed release the better option?

Reps for helpful answers

Thanks
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/256919-agmatine-gda.html#post4670092

bb333

Awards
  • Established
agmatine on tap,
iforce nutrition, 1gr before going to bed.
test.
deep sleep, and you choose relaxed.
with me it works.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Try this combo 1-2 hours pre-bed:

1. NOW relora (1 cap)
2. NOW ashwagandha (1 cap)
3. melatonin (whatever dose works best for you. I use 1mg)

This has improved both my quality of sleep and quality of life. If I am stimmed up a bit from a PWO that hasn't worn off I might throw in 10-15 mg diphenhydramine hcl but usually not needed.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/sleep-stack-adrenosurge-sleephoria.html

Orbit has that stack on right niw with your Sleephoria and a bottle if Adrenocharge which is treating me very well as a sleep aid right now, and many users are noting the same, especially if you are a stimulant user through the day.

I am with you on having a tough time with sleep aids, too much GABA (or associated ingredients) kills my sleep. L-Dopa gets me wired and restless.

Trial and error lol, but Adrenocharge is definitely worth considering

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/sleep-stack-adrenosurge-sleephoria.html

Orbit has that stack on right niw with your Sleephoria and a bottle if Adrenocharge which is treating me very well as a sleep aid right now, and many users are noting the same, especially if you are a stimulant user through the day.

I am with you on having a tough time with sleep aids, too much GABA (or associated ingredients) kills my sleep. L-Dopa gets me wired and restless.

Trial and error lol, but Adrenocharge is definitely worth considering
I have adrenosurge by BPS, is that the same thing?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am seriously afflicted with insomnia. recently I tried this product from finaflex called G8 .. its a drink for pre bed and im loving it. while I still wake up for the bathroom I want to go back to bed which is something I noticed from day one.. usually before I found this stuff nothing other than a lot of booze or benedryl would help me sleep. also any time I woke up it was impossible sometimes to fall back to sleep. this weekend I slept in until 6 am! that's stellar for me.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
What are your pre bed sleeping habits?
I do tend to watch streaming on the PC etc before bed, although I will try to read instead

Whenever I go to bed and turn the lights off, my brain activity seems to go off the charts! My dad has had the exact same problem his whole life

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I am seriously afflicted with insomnia. recently I tried this product from finaflex called G8 .. its a drink for pre bed and im loving it. while I still wake up for the bathroom I want to go back to bed which is something I noticed from day one.. usually before I found this stuff nothing other than a lot of booze or benedryl would help me sleep. also any time I woke up it was impossible sometimes to fall back to sleep. this weekend I slept in until 6 am! that's stellar for me.
I will try if the melatonin doesn't work. I don't really have a problem with waking up in the night, it's more actually getting to sleep which is the huge problem !

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do tend to watch streaming on the PC etc before bed, although I will try to read instead

Whenever I go to bed and turn the lights off, my brain activity seems to go off the charts! My dad has had the exact same problem his whole life
this is what happens to me when I wake up!! I don't wake up groggy I wake up on full alert. it sux.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
this is what happens to me when I wake up!! I don't wake up groggy I wake up on full alert. it sux.
Just sucks something as important as sleep I rarely ever get, I would pay so much money to be able to sleep easily

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
we are working on getting a logging opp for people to try this stuff. when we get it up I will drop a link here so you can apply to win!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I had the same problem. Go to the doc and get a prescription. Although they are trying to ween me off it now I think.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I had the same problem. Go to the doc and get a prescription. Although they are trying to ween me off it now I think.
Ive got a weeks worth of perscription. ordered 180 caps of 1mg melatonin which should be with me next week. Going to start dosing it 3 hours before bed, then when sleep is fixed, take it upon bed time. dont think ill be cycling off as the dose is so small

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
I've just learned to not attempt to force myself to sleep. I have the same issue. If I just lay in bed trying to sleep, ill be awake for hours. I just fall asleep watching tv. I know its bad to do that, but its better than the alternative.

The biggest impact on my sleep was actually one of those smart alarms that wake you up between sleep cycles. But that obviously won't help you fall asleep... It greatly helps waking up though.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like Ripp said, G8 is a great addition for sleep aid. It doesn't necessarily force me out, but once I'm asleep I am a goner and if I do get up to pee, I'm back out immediately.

Melatonin is hit or miss with people. Works for me, but doesn't my wife or brother.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Depending on what time you're going to bed but that could contribute to insomnia (even more if you're taking stimulants preworkout), I'd try to have workouts done at least 4 hours before you go to bed.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Depending on what time you're going to bed but that could contribute to insomnia (even more if you're taking stimulants preworkout), I'd try to have workouts done at least 4 hours before you go to bed.
If I'm honest, the days I find it really hard to sleep are the days I game heavily.

I still suck at sleeping but when I put in a big session it puts my brain in overload

When I used to take melatonin it definitely worked although made me a bit groggy, but now with alphamine, I'm sure that won't matter

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If I'm honest, the days I find it really hard to sleep are the days I game heavily.

I still suck at sleeping but when I put in a big session it puts my brain in overload

When I used to take melatonin it definitely worked although made me a bit groggy, but now with alphamine, I'm sure that won't matter
Sounds more like a sleep hygiene issue, if you haven't already, read the link AntM1564 posted

blacklac

blacklac

Awards

I had to cut out gaming by 10-11pm, max. **** keeps me up for hours.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Your mind is probably still heavily active on days you game heavily. Either cut some of the gaming out or end it earlier with the same amount of time you do it.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
Ashwagandha helps me along with 3mg of melationin. All else fails Zolpidem Tartrate 5 mg, 10mg max. Not something you'd want to take long term but when it comes to lack of sleep you can only suffer so long. Intimidate SRT has been knocking people out as well.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Ashwagandha helps me along with 3mg of melationin. All else fails Zolpidem Tartrate 5 mg, 10mg max. Not something you'd want to take long term but when it comes to lack of sleep you can only suffer so long. Intimidate SRT has been knocking people out as well.
I took two adrenosurge tonight, it contains ashwagsndha Aswell as lots of other gooodies.

Apparently with melatonin less is better, apparently .5-1 is the optimal dose. Guess I'll have to find out

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stop all supplements first and then see if your sleep improves. No sense in taking one pill cancel out side effects from another...Although a lot of people seem to follow that pattern, it just doesn't seem to smart to me.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Stop all supplements first and then see if your sleep improves. No sense in taking one pill cancel out side effects from another...Although a lot of people seem to follow that pattern, it just doesn't seem to smart to me.
This has been a problem for 25 years, not just recent

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Things I did to get my 8 hrs every night:

Uninstalled ALL games from my PC and I don't use my ps3/Xbox
Switched my gym time before work instead of after
Switched from melatonin to doxylamine succinate (12.5mg/half dose)

How you tackle everyday problems and handle issues has a lot to do with it too, at least with my experience. I just learned how to plan the next day as best as I could and sleep with a clear head.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Also I have two phones now. One for work and one for personal. I turn the ringers off and I don't use alarm clocks (maybe twice a year for really important early appointments).

I sleep with earplugs and eye covers. My wife handles anything that needs tending early mornings because she's a great sleeper. For that I'm thankful for :)

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
Jesus man haha, thats serious commitment.

I put my phone in aeroplane mode to sleep now, and use a sleep cycle to wake me up at a convinient time, not a set time.

I cant just give up games. I've been a gamer all my life, it brings me great pleasure to game, I would have nothing to do after work without gaming as my girlfriend is still currently studying abroad for another 9months.

if melatonin doesnt have the desired effect, I will defintiely the doxylamine succinate

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Jesus man haha, thats serious commitment.

I put my phone in aeroplane mode to sleep now, and use a sleep cycle to wake me up at a convinient time, not a set time.

I cant just give up games. I've been a gamer all my life, it brings me great pleasure to game, I would have nothing to do after work without gaming as my girlfriend is still currently studying abroad for another 9months.

if melatonin doesnt have the desired effect, I will defintiely the doxylamine succinate
I know what you mean. I used to game a lot myself (starcraft mostly). Did some tournaments and my family use to own gaming stores. And I can also relate to the gf not being around, I had some long distance relationships in the past too. Try that sleep aid I take, it will definitely help. Start with a half dose and stick with the lowest dose possible. I've been on 12.5mg dose for years and it's still very effective.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I know what you mean. I used to game a lot myself (starcraft mostly). Did some tournaments and my family use to own gaming stores. And I can also relate to the gf not being around, I had some long distance relationships in the past too. Try that sleep aid I take, it will definitely help. Start with a half dose and stick with the lowest dose possible. I've been on 12.5mg dose for years and it's still very effective.
Cheers buddy, will definitely hit it up if melatonin doesnt do anything :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 56
cruze1911r1 Anabolics 28
Supplements 9
35 and Older 34
Anabolics 7