what is a good sleep-aid?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I've tried melatonin, but I'm not sure I like that ****. Im looking for something that can put me to sleep, but that will aslo allow me to wake up ON TIME..lol, and refreshed not heavy-headed and groggy for hours.

any suggestions?

later

h19

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Good question. I am thinkin gof something like that as well.... Talk to ya..

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
the worst night of sleep ive had was when i took a sleeping aid. i forgot what it was but i had trouble breathing and couldnt lie down all night....again, i cant remember the name of the product. im sure its up to the individual whether they need it or not

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
try GABA or Gamma Amino Butyric Acid, its supposed to be great for sleep and GH levels.

and also Maca Puriens Extract (standardized for l-dopa) it will put you to sleep like a baby. Also good for GH levels.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
cool thanks...

links to get some?

h19

khafra

Awards
Par Deus has some 4-methxy-GHB product that's supposed to help sleeping a lot. Also supposed to multiply the affect of alcohol by about 6, so if it helps you sleep you can drink less every night :D

Anybody on BDC come up with a cheap version of that yet?

U of R Man

Awards
Love the ZMA and Gaba ...ZMA has to be my favorite sleep aid on the market for the money, heck you can even make it yourself for a lot less if you want to. 1Fast has some Tranquili-G single doses for sale too...You could try a couple of those to see how they work for you...

ChaseRoy

Awards
l-tryptophan is illegal to sell...buy the precurser..5HTP. It converts to tryptophan which converts to serotonin. Good stuff! Be sure not to take it with depression meds or kava or anything.

Things naturally high in tryptophan:

Bannanas
Milk
I forget the rest...

restful sleeping!!!

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established

BigBenn

Awards
Par Deus has some 4-methxy-GHB product that's supposed to help sleeping a lot. Also supposed to multiply the affect of alcohol by about 6, so if it helps you sleep you can drink less every night :D

Anybody on BDC come up with a cheap version of that yet?
Yeah I am looking for the real deal but its hard to come by. The synthesis is pretty easy but a bit beyond me. I don't know if there is anyone here who has the skill to make GHB or a precursor like par's, can you think of anyone? :D

ndn diablo

Banned
Awards

Yeah I am looking for the real deal but its hard to come by. The synthesis is pretty easy but a bit beyond me. I don't know if there is anyone here who has the skill to make GHB or a precursor like par's, can you think of anyone? :D
The raw material is dirt cheap, if you can find your own source for it you might as well buy it. One kilo should last you a long time. Tranquili-G is actually a precursor to 4-Methyl-GHB (basically GHB with a carbon attached at the 4th position). Its not as strong as the real stuff, but still fun.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Did someone say Tran-G?! Ow ow! Between it and nubian I dont know if it gets much better :D

DarCSA

Awards
I have tried GABA never really felt the effects on sleep. OTC I have used Excedrine PM it seems to work. Just now trying ZMA will let you know if it does.

BigBenn

Awards

The raw material is dirt cheap, if you can find your own source for it you might as well buy it. One kilo should last you a long time. Tranquili-G is actually a precursor to 4-Methyl-GHB (basically GHB with a carbon attached at the 4th position). Its not as strong as the real stuff, but still fun.
I'm not sure if the raw materials are expensive. Anyone know any more information I might want to try this. If you are interested I will post the ingredients and procedure.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established

I'm not sure if the raw materials are expensive. Anyone know any more information I might want to try this. If you are interested I will post the ingredients and procedure.

whats the raw material called?

I'm interested....

GoodNights by Lifeguard ...I can see it now! hehe

LG. :cool:

BigBenn

Awards
Here is the synthesis equation.
Gamma-Butyrolactone + NaOH => Sodium Gamma-Hydroxy Butyrate (Na-GHB)

I could use some sodium hydroxide for the synovex converstion anyway (correct?) and thats readily available, but the Gamma-Butyrolactone is what I need to find.

whale

Awards
might sound weird but....

benedryl puts me to sleep and man it wont f up your habbits at all it just makes you really groggy b 4 bed not when you wake up. The one that is for allergies is the one I take.

Whale

ndn diablo

Banned
Awards
Here is the synthesis equation.
Gamma-Butyrolactone + NaOH => Sodium Gamma-Hydroxy Butyrate (Na-GHB)

I could use some sodium hydroxide for the synovex converstion anyway (correct?) and thats readily available, but the Gamma-Butyrolactone is what I need to find.
There really is no reason to spend time performing this reaction. Gamma-Butyrolactone (also known as GBL) once ingested converts into GHB. Taking GBL has been said to have better effects then taking GHB itself. GBL is legal, but not for consumption. It sells as paint thinner and can be quite expensive.

Like I said what Par uses in Tranquili-G (4-Pentanolide) is a precurser to 4-Methyl-GHB. Its not as strong but still has a nice calming effect.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Re: might sound weird but....

benedryl puts me to sleep and man it wont f up your habbits at all it just makes you really groggy b 4 bed not when you wake up. The one that is for allergies is the one I take.

Whale

benedryl.....ahhh I forgot about that stuff....last time i took that stuff I almost fell asleep on the freeway!

it WILL work...hands down.

LG. :cool:

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
yeah but i dont want to start taking cold meds to go to sleep.....

**** id just take some NyQuil then......lol..

plus that gets expensive anyway..

h19

deaconbill

Awards
ZMA works good.  I like the melatonin but it is like waking in a fog.  Maybe if it was taken with a nighttime snack.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
ZMA works good.  I like the melatonin but it is like waking in a fog.  Maybe if it was taken with a nighttime snack.
ive never had better sleep with zma. from what i remember, the initial falling asleep took longer at first then back to regular habits. but of course, many have had success with zma's as a sleeping agent

Blazer88

Awards

ive never had better sleep with zma. from what i remember, the initial falling asleep took longer at first then back to regular habits. but of course, many have had success with zma's as a sleeping agent
I've had the most amazing sleep of my life on ZMA. Once I quit taking it with milk, isn't research great, this stuff worked amazing. I have no problem falling asleep, but my dreams are very intense. I can have like 6 distinct dreams and will remember each one once I wake up and feel plenty refreshed. One of my favorite supps.

Balsam

Awards
Hmm. I tried tranquili-G for the first time last night. I really didn't feel much. I didn't take it on an empty stomach though. It's hard to do that when you lift at night and don't get home until 9. Plus, it really didn't make me sleep all that good. Actully I was up a lot. Theres a chance I didn't take enough, but everything I've read about it says that elevated doses don't make it more effective. Plus, I spilled a **** ton of the stuff, that bottle is damn near impossible to pour out of. I'm gonna try more tonight, possibly a little larger serving and post back tomarow.

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
drink it from the bottle...........i think imma try zma.

i have intense dreams regardless, i can wake up and remember every dream i had, its pretty scary sometimes. I mean i literally think back to certain things and am not sure whether it was something i dreamt or if it really happened.

time to go to the looney bin i guess :D

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I myself like Melatonin, I did experience the groggyness for about 1 week. I had to take some Xenadrine to feel normal, but the groggyness eventually went away for me. I use 3mg. melatonin in sublingual form

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Apex Alchemy 22
Renew1 Apex Alchemy 15
Supplements 56
OTC Drug 10
Supplements 21