what is a good sleep-aid?

  1. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    hamper19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,474
    Answers
    0

    what is a good sleep-aid?


    I've tried melatonin, but I'm not sure I like that ****. Im looking for something that can put me to sleep, but that will aslo allow me to wake up ON TIME..lol, and refreshed not heavy-headed and groggy for hours.


    any suggestions?

    later

    h19

  2. Homebrew Help, Inc.
    curt2go's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,630
    Answers
    0


    Good question. I am thinkin gof something like that as well.... Talk to ya..
  3. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    hamper19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,474
    Answers
    0


    L-Tryptophan

    I thought you couldn't buy that anymore or something.

    http://www.beautynhealth.com/tryptophan/
    •   
       

  4. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    hamper19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,474
    Answers
    0


    http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...=28043&tab=0#0


    heres another one that is pretty damn cheap, so I might just try it for the hell of it.

    But if anyone KNOWS of something good, please post.

    thanks

    h19
  5. Registered User
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,617
    Answers
    0


    the worst night of sleep ive had was when i took a sleeping aid. i forgot what it was but i had trouble breathing and couldnt lie down all night....again, i cant remember the name of the product. im sure its up to the individual whether they need it or not
  6. Registered User
    Lifeguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    30
    Posts
    602
    Answers
    0


    try GABA or Gamma Amino Butyric Acid, its supposed to be great for sleep and GH levels.


    and also Maca Puriens Extract (standardized for l-dopa) it will put you to sleep like a baby. Also good for GH levels.
  7. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    hamper19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,474
    Answers
    0


    cool thanks...

    links to get some?

    h19
  8. Registered User
    khafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    77
    Answers
    0


    Par Deus has some 4-methxy-GHB product that's supposed to help sleeping a lot. Also supposed to multiply the affect of alcohol by about 6, so if it helps you sleep you can drink less every night

    Anybody on BDC come up with a cheap version of that yet?
  9. E-BOLLER
    Board Sponsor
    Supa Freek 420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    434
    Answers
    0


    Have you tried zinc yet? Helps me...
  10. Registered User
    U of R Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    73
    Answers
    0


    Love the ZMA and Gaba ...ZMA has to be my favorite sleep aid on the market for the money, heck you can even make it yourself for a lot less if you want to. 1Fast has some Tranquili-G single doses for sale too...You could try a couple of those to see how they work for you...
  11. ChaseRoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    97
    Answers
    0


    l-tryptophan is illegal to sell...buy the precurser..5HTP. It converts to tryptophan which converts to serotonin. Good stuff! Be sure not to take it with depression meds or kava or anything.

    Things naturally high in tryptophan:

    Bannanas
    Milk
    I forget the rest...

    restful sleeping!!!
  12. Registered User
    Lifeguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    30
    Posts
    602
    Answers
    0


    Originally posted by ChaseRoy
    Things naturally high in tryptophan:

    Bannanas
    Milk
    I forget the rest...

    restful sleeping!!!

    Turkey
  13. Registered User
    BigBenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    66
    Answers
    0


    Originally posted by khafra
    Par Deus has some 4-methxy-GHB product that's supposed to help sleeping a lot. Also supposed to multiply the affect of alcohol by about 6, so if it helps you sleep you can drink less every night

    Anybody on BDC come up with a cheap version of that yet?
    Yeah I am looking for the real deal but its hard to come by. The synthesis is pretty easy but a bit beyond me. I don't know if there is anyone here who has the skill to make GHB or a precursor like par's, can you think of anyone?
  14. Banned
    ndn diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    67
    Answers
    0


    Originally posted by BigBenn

    Yeah I am looking for the real deal but its hard to come by. The synthesis is pretty easy but a bit beyond me. I don't know if there is anyone here who has the skill to make GHB or a precursor like par's, can you think of anyone?
    The raw material is dirt cheap, if you can find your own source for it you might as well buy it. One kilo should last you a long time. Tranquili-G is actually a precursor to 4-Methyl-GHB (basically GHB with a carbon attached at the 4th position). Its not as strong as the real stuff, but still fun.
  15. Banned
    YellowJacket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    0
    Answers
    0


    Did someone say Tran-G?! Ow ow! Between it and nubian I dont know if it gets much better
  16. Registered User
    DarCSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    0
    Answers
    0


    I have tried GABA never really felt the effects on sleep. OTC I have used Excedrine PM it seems to work. Just now trying ZMA will let you know if it does.
  17. Registered User
    BigBenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    66
    Answers
    0


    Originally posted by ndn diablo


    The raw material is dirt cheap, if you can find your own source for it you might as well buy it. One kilo should last you a long time. Tranquili-G is actually a precursor to 4-Methyl-GHB (basically GHB with a carbon attached at the 4th position). Its not as strong as the real stuff, but still fun.
    I'm not sure if the raw materials are expensive. Anyone know any more information I might want to try this. If you are interested I will post the ingredients and procedure.
  18. Registered User
    Lifeguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    30
    Posts
    602
    Answers
    0


    Originally posted by BigBenn

    I'm not sure if the raw materials are expensive. Anyone know any more information I might want to try this. If you are interested I will post the ingredients and procedure.

    whats the raw material called?


    I'm interested....

    GoodNights by Lifeguard ...I can see it now! hehe


    LG.
  19. Registered User
    BigBenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    66
    Answers
    0


    Here is the synthesis equation.
    Gamma-Butyrolactone + NaOH => Sodium Gamma-Hydroxy Butyrate (Na-GHB)

    I could use some sodium hydroxide for the synovex converstion anyway (correct?) and thats readily available, but the Gamma-Butyrolactone is what I need to find.
  20. Registered User
    whale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    42
    Posts
    156
    Answers
    0

    might sound weird but....


    benedryl puts me to sleep and man it wont f up your habbits at all it just makes you really groggy b 4 bed not when you wake up. The one that is for allergies is the one I take.

    Whale
  21. Banned
    ndn diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    67
    Answers
    0


    Originally posted by BigBenn
    Here is the synthesis equation.
    Gamma-Butyrolactone + NaOH => Sodium Gamma-Hydroxy Butyrate (Na-GHB)

    I could use some sodium hydroxide for the synovex converstion anyway (correct?) and thats readily available, but the Gamma-Butyrolactone is what I need to find.
    There really is no reason to spend time performing this reaction. Gamma-Butyrolactone (also known as GBL) once ingested converts into GHB. Taking GBL has been said to have better effects then taking GHB itself. GBL is legal, but not for consumption. It sells as paint thinner and can be quite expensive.

    Like I said what Par uses in Tranquili-G (4-Pentanolide) is a precurser to 4-Methyl-GHB. Its not as strong but still has a nice calming effect.
  22. Registered User
    Lifeguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    30
    Posts
    602
    Answers
    0

    Re: might sound weird but....


    Originally posted by whale
    benedryl puts me to sleep and man it wont f up your habbits at all it just makes you really groggy b 4 bed not when you wake up. The one that is for allergies is the one I take.

    Whale


    benedryl.....ahhh I forgot about that stuff....last time i took that stuff I almost fell asleep on the freeway!

    it WILL work...hands down.




    LG.
  23. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    hamper19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,474
    Answers
    0


    yeah but i dont want to start taking cold meds to go to sleep.....

    **** id just take some NyQuil then......lol..

    plus that gets expensive anyway..

    h19
  24. Registered User
    BigBenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    66
    Answers
    0


    For any Canadians surfing the board wondering about GHB or GBL check out:
    [http://www.lactone-online.com/
  25. Registered User
    deaconbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    59
    Posts
    106
    Answers
    0


    ZMA works good.  I like the melatonin but it is like waking in a fog.  Maybe if it was taken with a nighttime snack.
  26. Registered User
    sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,617
    Answers
    0


    Originally posted by deaconbill
    ZMA works good.  I like the melatonin but it is like waking in a fog.  Maybe if it was taken with a nighttime snack.
    ive never had better sleep with zma. from what i remember, the initial falling asleep took longer at first then back to regular habits. but of course, many have had success with zma's as a sleeping agent
  27. Registered User
    Blazer88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    33
    Posts
    24
    Answers
    0


    Originally posted by sage


    ive never had better sleep with zma. from what i remember, the initial falling asleep took longer at first then back to regular habits. but of course, many have had success with zma's as a sleeping agent
    I've had the most amazing sleep of my life on ZMA. Once I quit taking it with milk, isn't research great, this stuff worked amazing. I have no problem falling asleep, but my dreams are very intense. I can have like 6 distinct dreams and will remember each one once I wake up and feel plenty refreshed. One of my favorite supps.
  28. Registered User
    Balsam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16
    Answers
    0


    Hmm. I tried tranquili-G for the first time last night. I really didn't feel much. I didn't take it on an empty stomach though. It's hard to do that when you lift at night and don't get home until 9. Plus, it really didn't make me sleep all that good. Actully I was up a lot. Theres a chance I didn't take enough, but everything I've read about it says that elevated doses don't make it more effective. Plus, I spilled a **** ton of the stuff, that bottle is damn near impossible to pour out of. I'm gonna try more tonight, possibly a little larger serving and post back tomarow.
  29. The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
    hamper19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,474
    Answers
    0


    drink it from the bottle...........i think imma try zma.

    i have intense dreams regardless, i can wake up and remember every dream i had, its pretty scary sometimes. I mean i literally think back to certain things and am not sure whether it was something i dreamt or if it really happened.

    time to go to the looney bin i guess
  30. Registered User
    Iron Warrior's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    5,329
    Answers
    0


    I myself like Melatonin, I did experience the groggyness for about 1 week. I had to take some Xenadrine to feel normal, but the groggyness eventually went away for me. I use 3mg. melatonin in sublingual form
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What is a good first cycle of S1+?
    By ACURA TL-S in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 01:13 PM
  2. What is a good brand of creatin?
    By GH_MAN in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 01:05 PM
  3. What is Kynoselen good for?????????
    By SyntholMan in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 01:11 PM
  4. what is a good site for my girlfriend?
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 12:11 PM
  5. What is a good normal 1-test trans dosing?
    By weltweitefurcht in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in