NMDA or Daa?

wray98

wray98

Awards
DAA .... but i prefer to use Prolensis Bulbine ... we use it in our Noxitest formula.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
NA-DAA. SNS makes the best shtuff :p

Btw, screw the 3g a day dosage. I've found 6 (split 3g morning and evening to be optimal). Dose it with l-dopa and maybe some divanil if you're feeling lucky.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
DAA as well for me. With P5P/L-Dopa + some form of estrogen control if running for a decent amount of time.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Holy linked thread hahaha!

I would agree with the others in here. Sodium D Aspartate (SNS DAA) has studies showing it's efficacy and safety whereas NMDA doesn't. That doesn't mean it doesn't work as anecdotally a lot of people like it.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
DAA as well for me. With P5P/L-Dopa + some form of estrogen control if running for a decent amount of time.
No tired or drowsy feeling from the l-dopa?

Holy linked thread hahaha! I would agree with the others in here. Sodium D Aspartate (SNS DAA) has studies showing it's efficacy and safety whereas NMDA doesn't. That doesn't mean it doesn't work as anecdotally a lot of people like it.
NDMA for me. Tried daa to many times and got nothing. Very underrated and works very good. It's been a while. Might have to grab me a bottle soon lol http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/iforce-intimidate-30-caps.html
What's supposed to be the biggest benefit of the N Methyl attachment? More potent?
I've seen complaints on DAA in regards to GI distress & heighten anxiety.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
NMDA....the sleep benefits alone do more for me than DAA does, I pretty much only recommend DAA for pct but it's not effective enough to notice any gym results

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NMDA I thought was debunked as useless in another thread on here. I used it and got nothing from it. Well not nothing, my libido dropped to almost non existent.

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
NMDA....the sleep benefits alone do more for me than DAA does, I pretty much only recommend DAA for pct but it's not effective enough to notice any gym results
I beg the differ there, NMDA gave me the opposite. Couldn't sleep no matter what time I took it ..Maybe I'm just a rare breed.

jaces

jaces

Awards
10g Daa split in to almost even doses works good for a oral pct :)

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
I wouldn't go more than 3g of DAA a day. Anymore is overkill

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been seeing people post how they have been taking enormous amounts of DAA. One guy I think said he takes 15 grams per day. I couldn't imagine the pooping.....Seriously I would have to wear a diaper.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've been seeing people post how they have been taking enormous amounts of DAA. One guy I think said he takes 15 grams per day. I couldn't imagine the pooping.....Seriously I would have to wear a diaper.
:lol:

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
Even na-daa tears you up?

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
6 was noticeably better than 3 for me
Agreed. I like 6 split and pm with 500mg l-dopa and 2 gram agmatine.

No noticeable body comp changes, but overall mood is greatly enhanced and agmatine is awesome for blood sugar/insulin.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I weigh around 280 pounds so ,,,,
With the majority of supplements dosages aren't based on body weight. The only supplement company that has a select few products where dosages are based on body weight is Applied Nutriceuticals. Even with that company it is only a few select supplements that were designed/formulated to be dosed dependent on body weight of the user.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

xhrr

Awards
Agreed. I like 6 split and pm with 500mg l-dopa and 2 gram agmatine. No noticeable body comp changes, but overall mood is greatly enhanced and agmatine is awesome for blood sugar/insulin.
I'll have to try it with l dopa and agmatine. Never got much in terms of body comp either but 6 made me feel pretty damn good and my gf sore. 3 was hardly noticeable.

I really only see it as much use during pct or if you want to bang everything that walks. Seems to have the most use in a hypogonadal state aka after the cessation of androgens.

jaces

jaces

Awards
With the majority of supplements dosages aren't based on body weight. The only supplement company that has a select few products where dosages are based on body weight is Applied Nutriceuticals. Even with that company it is only a few select supplements that were designed/formulated to be dosed dependent on body weight of the user.
Yeah most products , but at the university we use bodyweight dependent studies so I rather use bodyweight ,,, :)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
didn't someone post or talk about it on a podcast, maybe layne norton...that over 3g's is good for nootropic purposes but also toxic...i don't remember where i heard it, also never looked into it any further since i rarly use daa myself

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
didn't someone post or talk about it on a podcast, maybe layne norton...that over 3g's is good for nootropic purposes but also toxic...i don't remember where i heard it, also never looked into it any further since i rarly use daa myself
You're talking about excitoxicity, which was a concern with DAA in general initially and this was at any dose. From all the discussion and preliminary data on it, DAA has a safe a relatively safe profile. However, IIRC DAA did have a study showing dose dependent excitoxicity, which is probably what you're thinking of. The study was done in rats from what I can recall

Here's the thing, both DAA and NMDA have activity at the NMDA receptor where the excitoxicity was of initial concern. I personally generally recommend DAA over NMDA because it has data showing efficacy and safety, whereas with NMDA I have yet to see the same.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
You're talking about excitoxicity, which was a concern with DAA in general initially and this was at any dose. From all the discussion and preliminary data on it, DAA has a safe a relatively safe profile. However, IIRC DAA did have a study showing dose dependent excitoxicity, which is probably what you're thinking of. The study was done in rats from what I can recall

Here's the thing, both DAA and NMDA have activity at the NMDA receptor where the excitoxicity was of initial concern. I personally generally recommend DAA over NMDA because it has data showing efficacy and safety, whereas with NMDA I have yet to see the same.
NMDA has been proven to not work.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
here we go...

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAA and Sarcosine over NMDA

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
This. And did you see the dose that didn't work? 100x higher than the 30mg that most supplements use
I'll have to look for the study, but I remember they used NMDA by muscle warfare or some bs company like that.

It could very well have been that the actual product was bunk and therefore we should give NMDA another chance.

Anecdotally, ill say that I've tried both intimidate srt and mass fx black and none of them have come close to na-daa.

jaces

jaces

Awards
This. And did you see the dose that didn't work? 100x higher than the 30mg that most supplements use
I think most suplements dont work in the dosages they put in a ''blend'',,, like my preworkout has 200mg of cafein and most studys I have read show a dose of 600mg is neded for a boost in the gym,,

bb333

Awards
  • Established
I think most suplements dont work in the dosages they put in a ''blend'',,, like my preworkout has 200mg of cafein and most studys I have read show a dose of 600mg is neded for a boost in the gym,,
I, for example,
that I don't drink coffee, never
Caffeine anhydrous 200 mg, I feel very well ;)
The strength and concentration increases a lot.
To 600 mg, maybe, I would have an attack of tachycardia!
So, everything is subjective, especially with those compounds that should affect the nervous system.

jaces

jaces

Awards
I, for example,
that I don't drink coffee, never
Caffeine anhydrous 200 mg, I feel very well ;)
The strength and concentration increases a lot.
To 600 mg, maybe, I would have an attack of tachycardia!
So, everything is subjective, especially with those compounds that should affect the nervous system.
I agree , I thnk it varies frm person to person

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
600 mg caffeine is absurd. I'm sure some folks can go that high, but they're stimmed out and ultra tolerant. 100-150 mg is all I need to get my system engaged. I can tolerate 200, but anything over that makes me feel horrible.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
I think the study showed that 600 was the max effective dose, not that less wouldn't work but that 600 was better

jaces

jaces

Awards
I think the study showed that 600 was the max effective dose, not that less wouldn't work but that 600 was better
The. Study says that 600 is optimal , but I would say it depends on the person

Swolljaboi

Awards
I accidentally put 400mg in my afternoon shake yesterday instead of 200. Felt like I was on straight up methamphetamines.

jaces

jaces

Awards
The. Study says that 600 is optimal , but I would say it depends on the person

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Yes, if I remember correctly it was based on mg per lb, I do not remember the ratio though