Best TSH supplement?

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Is there any supplement which really helps to lower TSH levels?
L-tyrosine? guggulsterone? Forskolin?

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Thanks.. First 2 are some serious readings.. From third I got that kelp helps but not that much.. So my question is still the same

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Without getting into you history, this is something that should be discussed with your doctor as to why you possibly aren't producing enough thyroid hormone and maybe suffering from hypothyroidism. You should be getting your T3, T4 and free T4 tested as TSH only tells a little part of the story.

Provided all that is covered, then l-tyrosine is the most popular OTC route. There are a number of thyroid supps that tend to all include this and then add in other ingredients like iodine and selenium.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alpha-T2 works for that purpose, although if you have hypothyroidism, you should see your doctor for some synthroid.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
As he is trying to lower TSH I assume he has a high reading, which is potentially from low T4/T3

In which case Tyrosine, selenium, iodine are good ideas

Although OP was fairly unspecific, are you just trying to slow metabolism in general (hard gainer?) or trying to treat a high TSH test result

For what it is worth PPARy is competitive with Thyroid hormone and notable lowers my T3 when using certain supplements

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
As he is trying to lower TSH I assume he has a high reading, which is potentially from low T4/T3

In which case Tyrosine, selenium, iodine are good ideas

Although OP was fairly unspecific, are you just trying to slow metabolism in general (hard gainer?) or trying to treat a high TSH test result

For what it is worth PPARy is competitive with Thyroid hormone and notable lowers my T3 when using certain supplements
as far as doc said, it slows metabolism

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
as far as doc said, it slows metabolism
The high TSH is your body responding to and trying to correct a slow metabolism, not enough T4/active T3

Could be because of many things, work on it with your doctor

What supplements are you currently using?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
TSH accelerates metabolism. A low TSH is favorable on bloodwork generally because it indicates metabolic activity (T3/t4) is high enough to suppress tsh production.

Things that can optimize TSH include forskolin and oleuropein as per murine data.

L-tyrosine and iodine are common solutions but do not work unless you are from a country with endemic goiter. The latter will actually worsen thyroid function

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
mr.cooper69

If you know,

Are most of the supplement/mineral interactions avoided when taking T3 as opposed to thyroxine?
(Due to unexplained extremely low conversion to T3 they are considering switching me)

Or will certain things still inactivate it?