Supplement 'stacks': reduced absorption?

test112

Awards
  • Established
Like many on this forum, I'll ingest quite a number of compounds at the same time - various herbals, amino acids, vitamins, etc. first thing in the morning, before bed and pre-exercise.

Apart from the issue of some amino acids which are known to compete with each other, can reduced absorption of the individual supps in the stack be expected compared to if they were taken in isolation?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
In general not likely unless you are dosing alongside vitamins/minerals that could hinder absorption as well.

Otherwise it would only really be limiting if there was an interaction between the specific supplements

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
There shouldnt be any problem with absorbtion, drinking some extra water will help ease the absorbtion of your compounds.

TGB1987

TGB1987

Awards
  • Established
Most likely not an issue with absorption but if you want to post exactly what you are using we can take a closer look to see if there would be any possible interactions or things that don't go well together.

test112

Awards
  • Established
Here's my morning kick starter:

CDP-choline
DMAE
Huperzine A (sometimes)

BLR Viron (Tongkat/boron)
Ashwagandha
Rhodiola
Ginkgo
Olive leaf extract
Cistamax
Shilajit extract (or Moomiyo paste)

ALCAR
Taurine
Tyrosine (or DLPA)
Creatine
Pantothenic acid
Theanine
Tocotrienols

Normally taken upon waking on an empty stomach just with plenty of water.

Aniracetam, coffee and sulbutiamine a bit later in the morning with some food.

In some ways I'm embarrassed by it but mood, focus and energy are very good - something's working!

I'd welcome comments/critiques of the stack itself but the initial concern is absorption. Thanks in advance.

TGB1987

TGB1987

Awards
  • Established
Wow. I like the nootropic stack you got going on there. How long have you been doing this? Any negatives that you have experienced? Is everything taken all at once for the most part other than the morning bump with the coffee

test112

Awards
  • Established
Wow. I like the nootropic stack you got going on there. How long have you been doing this? Any negatives that you have experienced? Is everything taken all at once for the most part other than the morning bump with the coffee
Most of it's been there for basically the whole year, and some of the herbals were in there before the BLR and AS products (i.e. Cistanche and tongkat). A bit of cycling but probably not enough!

It's all basically at the same time, yes - hence the absorption question. Staggering it all in some way would make it less of a fire and forget dosing and more of a burden.

And no negatives other than that it's hard to know exactly what effect each compound is having. And I gotta watch the choline intake as I also like liver tabs, eggs and lecithin but later in the day with lunch or dinner.