NO2 booster and cold sores?

Massacre

Awards
I just got a bottle of a popular NO2 booster and it said that "people who are prone to getting cold sores should use this product with caution". Does anybody know what the hell?

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I just got a bottle of a popular NO2 booster and it said that "people who are prone to getting cold sores should use this product with caution". Does anybody know what the hell?
Maybe if u post the name of the product or the full ingredient list.
It could be from the acidic liquid or something that reduces immune system... strange.

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its common.. it might not be a cold sore though... boosting ones nitric oxide levels can cause some interesting skin reactions... have no fear... you dont have an STD

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
arginine causes breakouts of herpatic lesions to occur. If you have herpes 1 (cold sores) or herpes 2 (genital), don't take NO2 products, or counter them with lysine to counteract it.

garrithv

Awards
hey jweave23 , I get ulcers in my mouth when I take

No2 products. What dosage should I take of lyceine

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
500mg - 2g daily. Start low and move up, I wouldn't go past 2g, if it isn't doing anything by then it more than likely won't until you stop arginine products. It's cheap at Walmart :)

antdawg5150

Awards
Are there any products that work to boost performance pre workout that do not contain arginine?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Ya, as mentioned, it's the arginine that does it. I don't take anything with arginine in it. Also as mentioned, L-lysine can be found in any drug store, or anywhere that sells vitamins basically. When I feel a cold sore coming on I take like 1g instantly, and then space out 500mg throughout the day at maybe 1.5g a day.
I'm interested in non-arginine products as well. Most every "NO2 booster" has arginine. You could try out stuff like RPM from AppNut.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I slept with a girl that had herpes, never got it. She did give me crabs though.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Muscle meds makes a PWO NO product that is not arginine. It's called eNoxide. It's an actual form of NO, so arginine is not involved.

jennyjackman

Awards
What I know is that cold sores are end results of overgrowth of Herpes Simplex type 1 virus. It is a virus that is usually brought on by uv light or being run down and stressed. You contract it through physical touch within the first 24 hours of contacting an open sore, or you can be born with it i.e genetics. But I have never heard of a supplement bringing an outbreak of cold sores. Take plenty of vitamin c, b and things should be fine or else you can try super easy natural cold sore remedies such as L-Lysine supplements, aloe vera, lemon balm, etc. to get rid of your cold sore infection in few days naturally.