Multivitamin Question

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What's another good quality multivitamin? I hve been taking Orange Triad but wanted to switch it up, preferably something cheaper than Orange Triad or Anavite

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Mens one a day has treated me well and its ten bucks for a month which is cheep

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's another good quality multivitamin? I hve been taking Orange Triad but wanted to switch it up, preferably something cheaper than Orange Triad or Anavite
For everything you get in OT, you will be pressed to find a cheaper alternative. If you want a basic multi, check out Universal Uni-vite. Solid IMO.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brewers yeast and dessicated beef liver provide a sh*t ton of vitamins and aminos plus their combined price is probably less than that of the leading multivitamin.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would never ditch my OT. It's worth every penny IMHO. Check out our vitamin section though. We have some for $11.99 if you're only concern is cost.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for all the OT love here. You can't beat it for what you get.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I did like Orange Triad, I think it helped my joints a lot. I didn't really notice anything from the Digestive Complex though. I am just trying to find some places to save money since I am in college and not getting to work as much.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't take a multi, but I think I'd like to try OT and see how I like it. There is a lot of love for it.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I did like Orange Triad, I think it helped my joints a lot. I didn't really notice anything from the Digestive Complex though. I am just trying to find some places to save money since I am in college and not getting to work as much.
now Adam is another decent one I forgot about.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't take a multi, but I think I'd like to try OT and see how I like it. There is a lot of love for it.
you will love it. Joints feel great and my immune system has been substantially better. I'm a teacher and wasn't sick once last year. Kids come to sick all the time too. This year they're starting early with their sickness so we will see how I fair lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, there is the gnarly respiratory stuff happening and my two girls tend to have minor asthmatic symptoms with normal colds. This is actually what got me thinking about also trying to help protect myself from catching and passing anything.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
the question "what is a good multi" is always going to be in the eye of the beholder..
some are very extensive (and expensive)...others feel too much is over-the-top, and look to keep price inexpensive

we have a nice multi here at FINAFLEX, a bit of everything in it inc digestive enzymes and key essential aminos among other things..
price is among best you will find, I use this one myself

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Active Multi (120 capsules): Discount Active Multi Supplements

Finaflex Active Multi: "The Athlete's Choice!"
•Built to Support Active Lifestyles!
•Powered by pTeroPure™ Pterostilbene!
•Essential Amino Acids!
•Heart, Liver, & Brain Matrix!
•Digestive Enzymes!
•Joint Support!

ACTIVE MULTI™ is built with ingredients that promote optimal wellness by working synergistically to create a healthy environment in the body.

Powered by pTeroPure™ pterostibene and other robust ingredients like CoQ10 and Cissus Quadrangularis, ACTIVE MULTI™ boasts an all encompassing formula that can be used by both men and women to support a healthy and active lifestyle.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot of good multi's out there and they all pretty much have the same general ingredients ... IMO I like to have a multi that covers ALL the bases .... because I already take enough different supps ....so the more I can pack into one the better. I like ACTIVE MULTI by FINAFLEX. Not only does it have all the basic vitamins covered, it also has a joint support matrix, amino acid support, liver support, mental/focus matrix, and even some digestive health components. Really covers everything so you have a good foundation to start off with IMO.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Servings per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Vitamin A 10000 IU 200%
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 300 mg 500%
Vitamin D 333 IU 83%
Vitamin E 200 IU 667%
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) 50 mg 3333%
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 50 mcg 3125%
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 50 mg 2500%
Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 50 mcg 833%
Pantothenic Acid (Calcium Pantothenate) 50 mg 500%
Niacin (Niacinamide) 25 mg 125%
Folic Acid (Folate) 50 mcg 13%
Calcium (From Calcium Carbonate) 250 mg 25%
Magnesium (Magnesium Oxide) 150 mg 38%
Iodine (As Kelp) 50 mcg 33%
Zinc (As Zinc Citrate) 10 mg 67%
Potassium (Potassium Chloride) 50 mg 1%
Copper (As Copper Gluconate) 50 mcg 3%
Chromium (As Chromium GTF) 50 mcg 42%
Essential Amino Acid Matrix 552 mg *
L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Valine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Isoleucine, L-Methionine, L-Threonine, L-Histidine, L-Tryptophan
Super Antioxidant Matrix 60 mg *
Grape Seed Extract, pTeroPure™ (pterostibene)
Mental Focus Matrix
Flax Seed, alpha lipoic Acid (ALA), Ginko Bilboa
Liver Detoxification Matrix 135 mg *
N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), Milk Thistle (80% Silymarin), Schizandra Berry)
Joint Support Matrix 275 mg *
Glucosamine, Chondroitin, cissus Quadrangularis Extract, methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)
Digestive Health Matrix 110 mg *
Pancreatine Enzyme, Papaya Enzyme
Heart Support Matrix 60 mg *
Garlic Extract, Hawthorne Berry, CoQ10

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
What does everyone else think of Active Multi compared to Orange Triad? I'd like to see what others think about it besides company representatives.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the question "what is a good multi" is always going to be in the eye of the beholder..
some are very extensive (and expensive)...others feel too much is over-the-top, and look to keep price inexpensive

we have a nice multi here at FINAFLEX, a bit of everything in it inc digestive enzymes and key essential aminos among other things..
price is among best you will find, I use this one myself

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) Active Multi (120 capsules): Discount Active Multi Supplements
Wow, that is a lot for the money.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For everything you get in OT, you will be pressed to find a cheaper alternative. If you want a basic multi, check out Universal Uni-vite. Solid IMO.
Agree with this. its worth the price for the joint complex + Digestive Complex
NOW ADAM
Sportpharma Multi-V

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Multis I think are much a product that you get what you pay for.

The cheap ones I wouldn't even bother taking as they use inferior forms of many of the vitamins and minerals that are not easily absorbed by the body.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For a basic formula option, I like:

Sportpharma Multi-V
Universal Univite
ALLMAX Vitaform

If you're looking for a more comprehensive formula, I like the following:

Animal Pak
ALLMAX Vitastack (7 different complexes including BCAAs, electrolytes, a joint formula, nootropics, omega 3-6-9, digestive enzymes, and antioxidant/liver health)

cdnbum88

Awards
I was on GNC Mega Men for awhile and seemed to be fine. Then I went to OT and liked it for the reasons noted above, but for about a year now I have been using VEEMA. I am not part of the ponzi scheme you read about, I am purely a user. This stuff is not cheap, but IMHO I have felt so much better. I still add in Hemp oil pills for EFAs and additional vitamin D. This combo has been serving me well.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Garden of Life Living Multi. I have been using this stuff for 6 months straight at least now. Love it.

I am thinking about switching over to their RAW multi though (I think that’s the one) because this Living Multi is friggin expensive. LoL. But comparatively, the Living Multi is the better formula.

hiprsha666

hiprsha666

Awards
Garden of Life Living Multi. I have been using this stuff for 6 months straight at least now. Love it.

I am thinking about switching over to their RAW multi though (I think that’s the one) because this Living Multi is friggin expensive. LoL. But comparatively, the Living Multi is the better formula.
What do you love about it?

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do you love about it?
Doubles as a fruits and veggies supplement. Has a nice mushrooms blend. Standardized for vitamins and minerals. It's essentially veggie and fruits powder along with a spice and mushrooms blend pressed into tablets, but standardized to have a certain minimal amount of vitamins and minerals.

Also has a noticeable impact on how my gut feels, so something worth looking into if you have moderate gut/digestive issues.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
From a "value" price multi I think Life Force by Source Naturals is decent. I also think Anavite is a good product that I don't feel is expensive when you consider what you are getting but I realize the OP wanted something more affordable.

My preferred premium priced multi is Mercola.