Xtend vs. ICE

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.87%

Xtend vs. ICE

Considering ICE is ~10 bucks cheaper, which would you buy?

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.73%

bulk BCAA and bulk cit. malate, and you have much more than Xtend for the same price
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

yeah, make your own. Save some cash.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.83%

Is $10 in savings worth mixing the products together and then having a kilo of ass-tasting powder? Otherwise, just get whichever is the cheaper of the two, both are great products.
  5. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.73%

....not only would you save some money, you'll get a 1000 grams of bcaa and 100 grams of cit. malate, as opposed to 630 grams of bcaa and 90 of cit. malate, and in my experience neither taste bad at all...i drink both in water and they taste perfectly fine

i guess some people just enjoy paying more, to each his own
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.83%

I think you're right. I don't even like buffets since I have to work for my food.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.49%

Quote Originally Posted by bpi
    Is $10 in savings worth mixing the products together and then having a kilo of ass-tasting powder? Otherwise, just get whichever is the cheaper of the two, both are great products.
    crystal light. Just sprinkle a tad in w/all things powder.

J
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

I sip on BCAA and CM during training mixed with crystal light. You will save a ton of money and it does not taste bad at all. Go with a lemonade or their orange flavor. I tried raspberry and it wasn't very good.

My pre-workout blend is a totally different story. Their is no masking BCAA, CM, ALCAR, Taurine, Tyrosine, Betaine, and Choline. Lets just say this formula has some "texture" when you drink it. But it gets me busting ass in the gym on 1200cal/day (UD2.0 depletion days), so I'm fine with it.

Make sure you throw in some B6 to aid in the utilization of the BCAAs. Your best bet is probably to buy Twinlab caps and just open them into the powder.

BTW: Extend does underdose CM. I think you are supposed to get about 6g for it to be effective. Bulk powders are so cheap that I always overestimate.
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.73%

yay, somebody agrees
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.34%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've tried both, and find mixability with both is less than great, as bcaa powder tends to float on the top of the mixture at first, and then settle out at the bottom. I actually prefer the fruit punch flavour of ICE over that of Grape Xtend, but find that the grape flavouring of Xtend is preferable to grape ICE. I don't think you can really go wrong with either product though.

I tried Bodyoctane awhile ago, and didn't really feel that Citrulline Malate gave me much in the way of noticable benefits, so in this case the extra cost for a low dose of Citrulline probably isn't warranted.
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.48%

Beowulf--you and I drink the same concoction during w/o. I actually use that formula pre- and during. That is a great mix IMO. How many mgs of B-6 do you add? That's one thing I haven't yet included, although I have the powder.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.68%

I have tried both and have noticed no difference between the 2. So I say save the cash and go with Ice.

Personally when my xtend is gone I will be ordering the kilo of BCAA since they say oral glutamine doesn't do ****. Protein Customizer is back and they sell the BSL favorling systems. I dunno how they taste or how much you need though. Anyone try em?
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    Beowulf--you and I drink the same concoction during w/o. I actually use that formula pre- and during. That is a great mix IMO. How many mgs of B-6 do you add? That's one thing I haven't yet included, although I have the powder.
    I mixed up 10 servings of the concoction yesterday and opened 3 100mg B6 caps into it for approx. 30mg per serving. I think that is more than necessary, but I tend to err on the side of too much (except w/ PHs and alcohol).
  14. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Quote Originally Posted by max silver
    I tried Bodyoctane awhile ago, and didn't really feel that Citrulline Malate gave me much in the way of noticable benefits, so in this case the extra cost for a low dose of Citrulline probably isn't warranted.
    I just go with bulk CM. It is hard to say exactly what is working, but I have had incredible endurance and recovery doing my depletion workouts and cardio during my UD 2.0 cycles. During the workout, I only take in BCAA and CM. I have a feeling the CM is working, but I didn't notice anything until a few weeks of taking it. Bodyoctane is way too expensive and extend is underdosed. By the bulk and shoot for 3-4g pre and during your workouts.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.17%

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I just go with bulk CM. It is hard to say exactly what is working, but I have had incredible endurance and recovery doing my depletion workouts and cardio during my UD 2.0 cycles. During the workout, I only take in BCAA and CM. I have a feeling the CM is working, but I didn't notice anything until a few weeks of taking it. Bodyoctane is way too expensive and extend is underdosed. By the bulk and shoot for 3-4g pre and during your workouts.

Where are you guys buying your bulk BCAA's?
  16. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

I bought mine at 1 fast, but Custom is going to be getting them. I will buy them there from now on. If a bunch of us say we're getting ready to order, Matt might get them in ASAP. I'm almost ready to buy more.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.68%

Is there anyone who sells bulk EAA's? BSL used too.
  18. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.57%

I'm already saving some money for when his custom mixing feature gets going. I know I'm going to go broke then, so I'm planning in advance.
  19. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.87%

FYI,

I used my noggin and put together a BCAA/Glutamine/Taurine mix @ Trueprotien.com. It will end up saving me about $20 a month. Plus I can get a flavor other than Grape.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    4'6"  999 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.2%

I love the grape flavored ICE. It works well for what it is . I used SST products b4 from infinity fitness when I used Scott as my personel trainer and I have continued to make gains in losing body fat and better pumps using the Ice and Amino 2222 from Optimum.

PD
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Schwarzenegger
    The mind always fails first, not the body. The secret is to make your mind work for you, not against you..
    Arnold Schwarzenegger
  21. Hot Italian Goldmember
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.19%

Quote Originally Posted by donk
    I have to say that BCAA didn nothign to me while EAA during workout really seem to help my endurance.
  22. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.73%

Layne, Derek, and a bunch of other randoms, including myself, are megadosing Xtend/ICE/BCAA powder over intthe supplement section of bb.com, i know there's a lot of crap to weed through over there, but it could be interesting, there's already been quite a bit of info posted on leucine's anabolic properties, and Layne has already reported what he claims as amazing gains from only 2.5 weeks of megadosing, might be worth checking out if you're interested in doing this
  23. "He's not human!"
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.97%

Quote Originally Posted by Newb017
    Layne, Derek, and a bunch of other randoms, including myself, are megadosing Xtend/ICE/BCAA powder over intthe supplement section of bb.com, i know there's a lot of crap to weed through over there, but it could be interesting, there's already been quite a bit of info posted on leucine's anabolic properties, and Layne has already reported what he claims as amazing gains from only 2.5 weeks of megadosing, might be worth checking out if you're interested in doing this
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=431025

I am collecting the results from all those participating and can post them here if you guys would like.

I am taking 50 grams of BCAA a day and in the first week, I lost 1.25 lbs of fat and gained 3.75 lbs of lean mass (all measurements, except calves which are 18", went up). I'll have my week 2 update tomorrow.
  24. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    I am collecting the results from all those participating and can post them here if you guys would like.
    Please do, thanks bro.

BTW, I've started using apple cider vinegar and lemon juice with my high carb meals during my dcurrent bulk. It burns my throat a bit. Could the vin/lemon juice concoction have some whacky pH that could be detrimental??? I haven't studied science in a long time.
  25. "He's not human!"
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.97%

Please do, thanks bro.

BTW, I've started using apple cider vinegar and lemon juice with my high carb meals during my dcurrent bulk. It burns my throat a bit. Could the vin/lemon juice concoction have some whacky pH that could be detrimental??? I haven't studied science in a long time.
    You can dilute it by adding water if you would like. I doubt the vin/lemon juice pH is detrimental at all.*

*Beast cannot be held responsible for any injury or death caused or linked to drinking vinegar + lemon juice.
  26. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Thanks, Beast.

I'm looking forward to this info on the BCAA mega-dosing. I thought I read somewhere before that high dose BCAA was detrimental. Was this Layne's idea? As if he has a f$^#ing clue about amino acid utilization. It's not as if he were doing a PhD specializing in it or something.
  27. Black Star Labs
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.05%

Quote Originally Posted by donk
    there will be shortly
  28. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.23%

Please do, thanks bro.

not sure if it would be detrimental but it definately has a 'whacky' pH.
  29. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    not sure if it would be detrimental but it definately has a 'whacky' pH.
    Thanks, I'm glad to see that we're all on the same page when it comes to using proper scientific terminology. I can't stand these heathens that don't know how to express physical or chemical properties with proper terminology
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.27%

I have question about hyperdosing bcaa , wouldnt it be almost the same idea as leptigen by avant labs.

and i noticed beast that you used leptigen for a contest and was wondering if your superdosing experiment is giving similar results
  31. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    I am taking 50 grams of BCAA a day and in the first week, I lost 1.25 lbs of fat and gained 3.75 lbs of lean mass
    Did you gain any bone and testicle mass a la Rebound XT?
  32. "He's not human!"
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.97%

Did you gain any bone and testicle mass a la Rebound XT?
    Sadly, my testicles are back at their normal size since discontinuing Rebound XT...

After 2 weeks, I'm up 5.6 pounds in lean mass and down 1.1 pounds in fat. All my measurements (muscle girth) has been increasing as well. I'm attaching my excel spreadsheets.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  33. "He's not human!"
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.97%

Quote Originally Posted by stevenki
    I have question about hyperdosing bcaa , wouldnt it be almost the same idea as leptigen by avant labs.

and i noticed beast that you used leptigen for a contest and was wondering if your superdosing experiment is giving similar results
    I've only used Leptigen while cutting. The first time was during my review on the Avant website. At that time, fat loss had stalled and I was losing lean mass. When I added Leptigen, I started losing fat again and gained a little lean mass. Last time I used Leptigen (BASIC) while cutting I was doing the UD2 diet. I was stack Leptigen Basic + BCAA. I lost 7.5 pounds of fat and gained 2.5 pounds of lean mass in 4 weeks.

I normally use BCAA around my workouts, and for this experiment adding more throughout the day. I am extrememly impressed with my results so far. I think the combo of BCAA + Citrulline Malate works very well. At my dosing, I am getting 6 grams of CM a day. When I start cutting in 3 weeks, I will probably stick with the high doses of BCAA around my workouts and cardio.

The more I read about BCAA the more impressed I get. I'll keep you guys up to date and report the other participants results when I get them.
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.35%

What do you think of the reccommendation against using Phenogen with CM?
  35. "He's not human!"
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.97%

Quote Originally Posted by KCPreki11
    What do you think of the reccommendation against using Phenogen with CM?
    Since Phenogen works by "wasting" ATP and CM would make creating ATP more efficient, I can see a conflict. Spook the product's designer does not recommend the combo, but I have seen others that say it is fine. I don't think CM would be much of a concern compared to Creatine though.
  36. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.09%

Exactly!

Hey Derek,
    Welcome to our boards, where we guess bone mass and testicle weight!

Sorry dude, welcome for real!
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  37. "He's not human!"
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.97%

Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er
    Hey Derek,
    Welcome to our boards, where we guess bone mass and testicle weight!

Sorry dude, welcome for real!
    LOL, thanks buddy.
  38. ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday
    ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday's Avatar

Many seem to believe that most of the great results of BCAA's is the resuslt of the Leucine, what would you think of jsut mega dosing Lucine?
  39. "He's not human!"
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.97%

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiaK1027
    Many seem to believe that most of the great results of BCAA's is the resuslt of the Leucine, what would you think of jsut mega dosing Lucine?
    The problem with just taking Leucine is you could create an amino acid imbalance. Valine and Isoleucine also have some nice properties which will enhance the overall effect.

So I wouldn't "mega-dose" Leucine, but 5 extra grams pre and post workout (with a protein shake) would be beneficial.
  40. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.73%

Derek, need to get rid of that ugly ass hat in your photo

You can build your own xtend in raw materials for around 15-20 bucks less. Problem is, taste like ASS.

Similar Forum Threads

1. HEAT vs. ICE
    By ScottyDoc in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 02:49 PM
  2. Xtend or ICE??
    By RonShipman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 01:45 AM
  3. So Xtend or ICE or EAA Stack
    By RonShipman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0