Xtend vs. ICE

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Xtend vs. ICE


    Considering ICE is ~10 bucks cheaper, which would you buy?


  2. bulk BCAA and bulk cit. malate, and you have much more than Xtend for the same price
    •   
       


  3. yeah, make your own. Save some cash.

  4. Is $10 in savings worth mixing the products together and then having a kilo of ass-tasting powder? Otherwise, just get whichever is the cheaper of the two, both are great products.

  5. ....not only would you save some money, you'll get a 1000 grams of bcaa and 100 grams of cit. malate, as opposed to 630 grams of bcaa and 90 of cit. malate, and in my experience neither taste bad at all...i drink both in water and they taste perfectly fine

    i guess some people just enjoy paying more, to each his own

  6. I think you're right. I don't even like buffets since I have to work for my food.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by bpi
    Is $10 in savings worth mixing the products together and then having a kilo of ass-tasting powder? Otherwise, just get whichever is the cheaper of the two, both are great products.
    crystal light. Just sprinkle a tad in w/all things powder.

    J

  8. I sip on BCAA and CM during training mixed with crystal light. You will save a ton of money and it does not taste bad at all. Go with a lemonade or their orange flavor. I tried raspberry and it wasn't very good.

    My pre-workout blend is a totally different story. Their is no masking BCAA, CM, ALCAR, Taurine, Tyrosine, Betaine, and Choline. Lets just say this formula has some "texture" when you drink it. But it gets me busting ass in the gym on 1200cal/day (UD2.0 depletion days), so I'm fine with it.

    Make sure you throw in some B6 to aid in the utilization of the BCAAs. Your best bet is probably to buy Twinlab caps and just open them into the powder.

    BTW: Extend does underdose CM. I think you are supposed to get about 6g for it to be effective. Bulk powders are so cheap that I always overestimate.

  9. yay, somebody agrees

  10. I've tried both, and find mixability with both is less than great, as bcaa powder tends to float on the top of the mixture at first, and then settle out at the bottom. I actually prefer the fruit punch flavour of ICE over that of Grape Xtend, but find that the grape flavouring of Xtend is preferable to grape ICE. I don't think you can really go wrong with either product though.

    I tried Bodyoctane awhile ago, and didn't really feel that Citrulline Malate gave me much in the way of noticable benefits, so in this case the extra cost for a low dose of Citrulline probably isn't warranted.
    •   
       


  11. Beowulf--you and I drink the same concoction during w/o. I actually use that formula pre- and during. That is a great mix IMO. How many mgs of B-6 do you add? That's one thing I haven't yet included, although I have the powder.

  12. I have tried both and have noticed no difference between the 2. So I say save the cash and go with Ice.

    Personally when my xtend is gone I will be ordering the kilo of BCAA since they say oral glutamine doesn't do ****. Protein Customizer is back and they sell the BSL favorling systems. I dunno how they taste or how much you need though. Anyone try em?

  13. Quote Originally Posted by milwood
    Beowulf--you and I drink the same concoction during w/o. I actually use that formula pre- and during. That is a great mix IMO. How many mgs of B-6 do you add? That's one thing I haven't yet included, although I have the powder.
    I mixed up 10 servings of the concoction yesterday and opened 3 100mg B6 caps into it for approx. 30mg per serving. I think that is more than necessary, but I tend to err on the side of too much (except w/ PHs and alcohol).

  14. Quote Originally Posted by max silver
    I tried Bodyoctane awhile ago, and didn't really feel that Citrulline Malate gave me much in the way of noticable benefits, so in this case the extra cost for a low dose of Citrulline probably isn't warranted.
    I just go with bulk CM. It is hard to say exactly what is working, but I have had incredible endurance and recovery doing my depletion workouts and cardio during my UD 2.0 cycles. During the workout, I only take in BCAA and CM. I have a feeling the CM is working, but I didn't notice anything until a few weeks of taking it. Bodyoctane is way too expensive and extend is underdosed. By the bulk and shoot for 3-4g pre and during your workouts.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    I just go with bulk CM. It is hard to say exactly what is working, but I have had incredible endurance and recovery doing my depletion workouts and cardio during my UD 2.0 cycles. During the workout, I only take in BCAA and CM. I have a feeling the CM is working, but I didn't notice anything until a few weeks of taking it. Bodyoctane is way too expensive and extend is underdosed. By the bulk and shoot for 3-4g pre and during your workouts.

    Where are you guys buying your bulk BCAA's?

  16. I bought mine at 1 fast, but Custom is going to be getting them. I will buy them there from now on. If a bunch of us say we're getting ready to order, Matt might get them in ASAP. I'm almost ready to buy more.

  17. Is there anyone who sells bulk EAA's? BSL used too.

  18. I'm already saving some money for when his custom mixing feature gets going. I know I'm going to go broke then, so I'm planning in advance.

  19. FYI,

    I used my noggin and put together a BCAA/Glutamine/Taurine mix @ Trueprotien.com. It will end up saving me about $20 a month. Plus I can get a flavor other than Grape.

  20. I love the grape flavored ICE. It works well for what it is . I used SST products b4 from infinity fitness when I used Scott as my personel trainer and I have continued to make gains in losing body fat and better pumps using the Ice and Amino 2222 from Optimum.

    PD
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Schwarzenegger
    The mind always fails first, not the body. The secret is to make your mind work for you, not against you..
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

  21. Quote Originally Posted by donk
    Is there anyone who sells bulk EAA's? BSL used too.
    I have to say that BCAA didn nothign to me while EAA during workout really seem to help my endurance.

  22. Layne, Derek, and a bunch of other randoms, including myself, are megadosing Xtend/ICE/BCAA powder over intthe supplement section of bb.com, i know there's a lot of crap to weed through over there, but it could be interesting, there's already been quite a bit of info posted on leucine's anabolic properties, and Layne has already reported what he claims as amazing gains from only 2.5 weeks of megadosing, might be worth checking out if you're interested in doing this

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Newb017
    Layne, Derek, and a bunch of other randoms, including myself, are megadosing Xtend/ICE/BCAA powder over intthe supplement section of bb.com, i know there's a lot of crap to weed through over there, but it could be interesting, there's already been quite a bit of info posted on leucine's anabolic properties, and Layne has already reported what he claims as amazing gains from only 2.5 weeks of megadosing, might be worth checking out if you're interested in doing this
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=431025

    I am collecting the results from all those participating and can post them here if you guys would like.

    I am taking 50 grams of BCAA a day and in the first week, I lost 1.25 lbs of fat and gained 3.75 lbs of lean mass (all measurements, except calves which are 18", went up). I'll have my week 2 update tomorrow.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Derek_aka_Beast
    I am collecting the results from all those participating and can post them here if you guys would like.
    Please do, thanks bro.

    BTW, I've started using apple cider vinegar and lemon juice with my high carb meals during my dcurrent bulk. It burns my throat a bit. Could the vin/lemon juice concoction have some whacky pH that could be detrimental??? I haven't studied science in a long time.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Please do, thanks bro.

    BTW, I've started using apple cider vinegar and lemon juice with my high carb meals during my dcurrent bulk. It burns my throat a bit. Could the vin/lemon juice concoction have some whacky pH that could be detrimental??? I haven't studied science in a long time.
    You can dilute it by adding water if you would like. I doubt the vin/lemon juice pH is detrimental at all.*

    *Beast cannot be held responsible for any injury or death caused or linked to drinking vinegar + lemon juice.

  26. Thanks, Beast.

    I'm looking forward to this info on the BCAA mega-dosing. I thought I read somewhere before that high dose BCAA was detrimental. Was this Layne's idea? As if he has a f$^#ing clue about amino acid utilization. It's not as if he were doing a PhD specializing in it or something.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by donk
    Is there anyone who sells bulk EAA's? BSL used too.
    there will be shortly

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    Please do, thanks bro.

    BTW, I've started using apple cider vinegar and lemon juice with my high carb meals during my dcurrent bulk. It burns my throat a bit. Could the vin/lemon juice concoction have some whacky pH that could be detrimental??? I haven't studied science in a long time.
    not sure if it would be detrimental but it definately has a 'whacky' pH.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    not sure if it would be detrimental but it definately has a 'whacky' pH.
    Thanks, I'm glad to see that we're all on the same page when it comes to using proper scientific terminology. I can't stand these heathens that don't know how to express physical or chemical properties with proper terminology

  30. I have question about hyperdosing bcaa , wouldnt it be almost the same idea as leptigen by avant labs.

    and i noticed beast that you used leptigen for a contest and was wondering if your superdosing experiment is giving similar results
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. HEAT vs. ICE
    By ScottyDoc in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 02:49 PM
  2. Xtend or ICE??
    By RonShipman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 01:45 AM
  3. So Xtend or ICE or EAA Stack
    By RonShipman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 09:36 PM
  4. Xtend vs. Essentials
    By zieglmv9 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 02:53 PM
  5. Xtend vs. Purple Wraath
    By maradona10 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Log in
Log in