HMB? - AnabolicMinds.com

HMB?

1. Senior Member
    Answers

HMB?

can someone give me a brief description of what this stuff is, what it does and if it is any good?

2. Diamond Member
    Answers

Click on "search", type in "HMB" or go to http://www.teoma.com type in HMB

3. New Member
    Answers

It's a metabolite of the amino acid leucine. It's supposed to help prevent muscle breakdown but it doesn't do **** unless you use it really high doses.

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Answers

I tried it in 98, its a supplement for cattle so they get meatier, if you buy the best you can find and combine it with creatine it will work well, absorption and combining it with creatine is crucial, add it directly to your creatine or blender drink, shouldnt need more than a gram. They still use it on cattle in Iowa. I intend to use it again myself.

5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Bobo recommends 6 g/day along w/ creatine (CEE best). He did say that it works synergystically w/ creatine.

I had used it in the past, stupid 250 mg caps, didn't see anything from it. But, I bought a kilo of powder from Bulk, and am going to see how this works.

6. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Bobo recommends 6 g/day along w/ creatine (CEE best). He did say that it works synergystically w/ creatine.

I had used it in the past, stupid 250 mg caps, didn't see anything from it. But, I bought a kilo of powder from Bulk, and am going to see how this works.
    You don't need anymore than 3 grams per day!. I have used it before at 3 grams per day with results. I purchased it from bulk. There is also an article about HMB on the bull. I linked it in another similar thread about HMB....I can't seem to find that thread. Anyway, just go to bulknutrition.com and click on the bull link then click on past issues and it will show you all the old articles. I think its called "HMB, as good as creatine?". You will find all you need to know about it in that article. Its a trustworthy author, and the article is fully referenced.

7. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    You don't need anymore than 3 grams per day!. I have used it before at 3 grams per day with results. I purchased it from bulk. There is also an article about HMB on the bull. I linked it in another similar thread about HMB....I can't seem to find that thread. Anyway, just go to bulknutrition.com and click on the bull link then click on past issues and it will show you all the old articles. I think its called "HMB, as good as creatine?". You will find all you need to know about it in that article. Its a trustworthy author, and the article is fully referenced.
    3g of HMB a day does very little if anything at all in most users. When I use 6g and up, then I see results.

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Answers

If you want to make the supplement companies rich and have money to burn, go ahead, otherwise and I do mean wise, use half as much HMB as Creatine (micronized), combined and you should be more than satisfied, you just dont need that much, you will only absorb so much of it anyway, the rest is excreted. After a week of regular dosing your cells will be soaking in it.

9. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSmack
    3g of HMB a day does very little if anything at all in most users. When I use 6g and up, then I see results.
    Read the article, like I said its fully referenced and I experienced results with 3 grams a day, but I'm not just guessing here. You should break up your doses to 1 gram each spread out within the day. If you take 6 you are just gonna excrete what you don't use. You don't need 6 and will not see any extra benifit over 3 grams. Here is the article. I linked it again in this thread just for you!.

http://www.thebullmagazine.com/magma...ID=4&pageID=63

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. BSL Kreatine Ultra/HMB/NitroJet stack
    By Trew in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 12:39 AM
  2. Hmb + V12
    By Jay Mc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 12:59 AM
  3. Hmb