HMB?

  1. Senior Member
    UNDERTAKER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,162
    Rep Power
    709
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    84.6%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    HMB?


    can someone give me a brief description of what this stuff is, what it does and if it is any good?

  2. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,385
    Rep Power
    10137449
    Level
    110
    Lv. Percent
    42.06%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Click on "search", type in "HMB" or go to http://www.teoma.com type in HMB
  3. New Member
    Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    129
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    6.5%

    It's a metabolite of the amino acid leucine. It's supposed to help prevent muscle breakdown but it doesn't do **** unless you use it really high doses.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    19.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I tried it in 98, its a supplement for cattle so they get meatier, if you buy the best you can find and combine it with creatine it will work well, absorption and combining it with creatine is crucial, add it directly to your creatine or blender drink, shouldnt need more than a gram. They still use it on cattle in Iowa. I intend to use it again myself.
  5. Elite Member
    jmh80's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,109
    Rep Power
    9668
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    89.29%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Bobo recommends 6 g/day along w/ creatine (CEE best). He did say that it works synergystically w/ creatine.

    I had used it in the past, stupid 250 mg caps, didn't see anything from it. But, I bought a kilo of powder from Bulk, and am going to see how this works.
  6. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,385
    Rep Power
    10137449
    Level
    110
    Lv. Percent
    42.06%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jmh80
    Bobo recommends 6 g/day along w/ creatine (CEE best). He did say that it works synergystically w/ creatine.

    I had used it in the past, stupid 250 mg caps, didn't see anything from it. But, I bought a kilo of powder from Bulk, and am going to see how this works.
    You don't need anymore than 3 grams per day!. I have used it before at 3 grams per day with results. I purchased it from bulk. There is also an article about HMB on the bull. I linked it in another similar thread about HMB....I can't seem to find that thread. Anyway, just go to bulknutrition.com and click on the bull link then click on past issues and it will show you all the old articles. I think its called "HMB, as good as creatine?". You will find all you need to know about it in that article. Its a trustworthy author, and the article is fully referenced.
  7. New Member
    DevilSmack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    261
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    71.27%

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    You don't need anymore than 3 grams per day!. I have used it before at 3 grams per day with results. I purchased it from bulk. There is also an article about HMB on the bull. I linked it in another similar thread about HMB....I can't seem to find that thread. Anyway, just go to bulknutrition.com and click on the bull link then click on past issues and it will show you all the old articles. I think its called "HMB, as good as creatine?". You will find all you need to know about it in that article. Its a trustworthy author, and the article is fully referenced.
    3g of HMB a day does very little if anything at all in most users. When I use 6g and up, then I see results.
  8. Senior Member
    Knowbull's Avatar
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,754
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    19.71%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    If you want to make the supplement companies rich and have money to burn, go ahead, otherwise and I do mean wise, use half as much HMB as Creatine (micronized), combined and you should be more than satisfied, you just dont need that much, you will only absorb so much of it anyway, the rest is excreted. After a week of regular dosing your cells will be soaking in it.
  9. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,385
    Rep Power
    10137449
    Level
    110
    Lv. Percent
    42.06%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSmack
    3g of HMB a day does very little if anything at all in most users. When I use 6g and up, then I see results.
    Read the article, like I said its fully referenced and I experienced results with 3 grams a day, but I'm not just guessing here. You should break up your doses to 1 gram each spread out within the day. If you take 6 you are just gonna excrete what you don't use. You don't need 6 and will not see any extra benifit over 3 grams. Here is the article. I linked it again in this thread just for you!.

    http://www.thebullmagazine.com/magma...ID=4&pageID=63
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. BSL Kreatine Ultra/HMB/NitroJet stack
    By Trew in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 01:39 AM
  2. Hmb + V12
    By Jay Mc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-25-2003, 01:59 AM
  3. Hmb
    By Biggs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-24-2003, 02:51 AM
  4. high dose of hmb
    By Sanosuke in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 10:28 PM
  5. Hmb
    By MassMachine in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-20-2002, 12:40 AM
Log in
Log in