supplements that may cause balding

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
this morning i was washing my hair like i always do and for some reason i looked at my hands and there was like 4 or 5 hairs on them. ok so i wash again to see what the hell is going on and again there is like 5 hairs in my hands. so i start gently massaging my hair to see what the hell is going on and a few more are in my hands. i have never noticed this before wtf! here is a list of supps i am taking. has anyone experienced the same thing while on these?

alcar 1g-2g
fish oil
phosphatidyl serine 1100mgs
ala 1200 mgs
creatine
nlargeII
zinc 30-60mgs
multi

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I have trouble believing that your list o' supps could be involved in this, and at your age (23?) it's highly unlikely that male-pattern baldness is setting in.

Most likely, it's just a normal part of your scalp's existence & you just never noticed before. It's normal for the scalp to turn loose of a few hairs every day, just like you slough off dead skin - doesn't mean you're going bald! It happens to everyone (with hair) every day - no need to freak out or wonder what's wrong. In fact, while shampooing is the most natural time for it; don't over-react & over shampoo - just make sure you give your full scalp a gentle but vigorous massage once a day (with or without shampoo) to stimulate the blood flow.

Now, if you start seeing a dozen or so hairs on your pillow every morning, maybe it's time to sneak over to CNW & have a look at Custom's haiir-care products.

Oh - from the list of supplements you gave, is it safe to assume that you have NOT been taking heavy androgens in the last 3-6 months?

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
nope no aas. so i dont think that is the problem. it is just weird because all the sup i am taking now are fairly new to me except creatine. i was thinking it might be one of them so i just wanted to pinpoint which one it was if any of them by comparing my experience with someone elses.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
didn't figure you'd been cycling - just checking to make extra-sure!

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Could be you are starting to go bald. I satrted when I was 19 or so. Not really noticable until about your age. But it could very well be stress. My hair falls out really bad when I am stressed. And don't forget your hair go's through phases of shedding. Plus everbody's hair falls out, about 100-150 hairs aday. My GF sheds like crazy but she has more hair then anyone.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
The ALA can cause a biotin deficiency,and there's a chance that can effect hair. Supplement with D-Biotin when you take the ALA.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
4 or 5 hairs is nothing. and nothing to be paranoid about.
pick up some nizoral shampoo if it continues and you feel you need it.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
i think i am a hypochondriac(sp). oh my god can i be treated for being a hypochondiac?

yes i think i need to calm down a little bit cuz if i have been rubbing my hair all day looking for loose hairs. if i keep that up i just might end up bald.