Musclemeds Carnivor Liquid Protein

aquareef

Awards
Anyone know the deal on this? I hear it's crap based on current threads that exist on anabolicminds and other sites, but...

The label says it has 50g of protein per liquid "shot" mostly hydrolyzed beef protein isolate. Is that really 50g of protein, or what should i expect if adding it into my macros?

I read in another thread from mrcooper that it's fancy marketing for collagen and thus is crap. So am i getting 50g of crappy quality protein, or am i just getting jipped completely?

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone know the deal on this? I hear it's crap based on current threads that exist on anabolicminds and other sites, but... The label says it has 50g of protein per liquid "shot" mostly hydrolyzed beef protein isolate. Is that really 50g of protein, or what should i expect if adding it into my macros? I read in another thread from mrcooper that it's fancy marketing for collagen and thus is crap. So am i getting 50g of crappy quality protein, or am i just getting jipped completely?
Is there a reason you are set on this protein?

Edit: it's collagen protein. You're getting protein just one of the cheapest and worst forms. If you can stay away I would. Islandsupplements.com has tons to choose from. Choose a whey blend and you're set.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I don't want to derail this topic but is iron mass the same type of protein (collagen)?

aquareef

Awards
Is there a reason you are set on this protein? Edit: it's collagen protein. You're getting protein just one of the cheapest and worst forms. If you can stay away I would. Islandsupplements.com has tons to choose from. Choose a whey blend and you're set.
Yeah I usually use dymatize or true nutrition to make my own blends... But I picked up a 12 pack since it was on sale and the shots look convenient while I'm on the run.

They taste awful but at least it's upping my protein intake

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I usually use dymatize or true nutrition to make my own blends... But I picked up a 12 pack since it was on sale and the shots look convenient while I'm on the run. They taste awful but at least it's upping my protein intake
yeah it can't hurt it's just not the best bag for buck but if sounds like you know what you're doing.