A preworkout better than caffiene?

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
I was just curious as to other peoples thoughts on this. I take anywhere from 400mg to the extremely rare 1g of caffeine as my preworkout. Usually around 600mg is the sweet spot. I'm curious as to anyone's opinion on a pre that would work better than let's say 600mg and how many scoops does it take for this?

TheGnome

TheGnome

Awards
And I thought I took a lot if caffeine. I can't imagine 1g.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you looking at from a strictly energy stand point?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sounds like you could use a stimulant break.

I'm not the best to answer here, as I like a max of 200mg. More of a fan of moderate energy and great focus and pumps (SAN Fierce Domination, Focus XT + Cit. Mal, Caffeine tab + Hemavol, etc.).

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You looking for mainly energy it seems?

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Yea manly energy and "strength" I haven't taken any stims for the whole summer now, I just started taking caffiene once a week again. I'm just wondering if there's anything more powerful than around 600mg of caffiene, I guess energy wise. I put strength in quotes because I obviously know I wouldn't be as strong without the stim

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Maybe energy and focus without a real bad crash?

Gym God

Gym God

Awards
600mg-1g pre-workout would just fry me before I even stepped foot in the gym.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yea manly energy and "strength" I haven't taken any stims for the whole summer now, I just started taking caffiene once a week again. I'm just wondering if there's anything more powerful than around 600mg of caffiene, I guess energy wise. I put strength in quotes because I obviously know I wouldn't be as strong without the stim
Stack caffeine with other stims if you're looking for something more intense. EC works well. CY works well. ECY if you have what it takes. Lots of options stim wise.

Personally I just take 2 caffeine tabs and 15mg of Yohimbine 2.5.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Stack caffeine with other stims if you're looking for something more intense. EC works well. CY works well. ECY if you have what it takes. Lots of options stim wise. Personally I just take 2 caffeine tabs and 15mg of Yohimbine 2.5.
E freaks me out, I know it's basically safe if u use it correctly and don't abuse it but idk I just get paranoid

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shoot me a message and I can get you a sample of Hypermax. Not 600 mg of caffeine strong but most users don't need over 1.5 scoops. You could give two scoops a go and you'd get a good dose of caffeine and other stims, with no crashing and great focus.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, never dose that high!!

Pre's may contain ingredients like creatine for strength, agmatine for pumps, or additional stimulants to allow for more energy, and smoother energy without having to use a massive dose of caffeine.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Wow, never dose that high!! Pre's may contain ingredients like creatine for strength, agmatine for pumps, or additional stimulants to allow for more energy, and smoother energy without having to use a massive dose of caffeine.
would creatine pre workout even give u strength? Doesn't it have to get in ur system first?

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
would creatine pre workout even give u strength? Doesn't it have to get in ur system first?
I've read articles where they say it does have pre-workout benefits, and others that say it doesn't matter when you take it. Just as long as you take it each day.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read articles where they say it does have pre-workout benefits, and others that say it doesn't matter when you take it. Just as long as you take it each day.
It has more benefit post-workout then pre-workout.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe if you're not already saturated.
On my phone but I remember a study coming out talking about it being beneficial post-workout in a bolus dose.

It did however say that the benefits were slim which is why I still preach timing is irrelevant with creatine.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OP look for Maxout by IFN .. its made for strength and pompz / energy.
recently I took stimaholic and its pretty nice for strait up energy.
also VPX white heat

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OP look for Maxout by IFN .. its made for strength and pompz / energy. recently I took stimaholic and its pretty nice for strait up energy. also VPX white heat
Max out looks good, not too overpowering but strong enough.
What was stimaholic like, any more info?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Recently i started taking 400mg caffeine + 1 500mg taurine tab. Works wonders and helps me with focus hugely.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Recently i started taking 400mg caffeine + 1 500mg taurine tab. Works wonders and helps me with focus hugely.
This sounds like a cheap effective addition, I might look into just lowering my caffeine intake and add a little taurine

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Stack caffeine with other stims if you're looking for something more intense. EC works well. CY works well. ECY if you have what it takes. Lots of options stim wise..
this
in line with that thinking, we offer our Stimul8

Redefine Nutrition (FinaFlex) The Supreme Stimul8 Stack (Stimul8 + FREEBIES): Discount The Supreme Stimul8 Stack Supplements

current special low price on this with freebies (CreaTrona creatine and FINAFLEX shaker cup)..did I say crazy low price?

want to add something more for performance boost? look at our MAX PUMP (betaine nitrate)

Finaflex (redefine Nutrition) Max Pump - Nutri-Verse.com

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Could look into Dexaprine XR as your preWO. Most people only use 1/2 pill when they wake up and if you train in the morning it doubles as a preWO. In your case you can just use 1 whole pill.

xhrr

Awards
So let me get this straight. You didn't take stimulants all summer and the first week back you started anywhere between 600-1000 mg? Also you are afraid of taking ephedrine but not afraid of consuming a full gram of caffeine? What the hell dude.

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was just curious as to other peoples thoughts on this. I take anywhere from 400mg to the extremely rare 1g of caffeine as my preworkout. Usually around 600mg is the sweet spot. I'm curious as to anyone's opinion on a pre that would work better than let's say 600mg and how many scoops does it take for this?[/QUOTE
I too love my stims. I have found to many that are ok but not strong enough in stim effect. This is by far the best I've found http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/genomyx-stimaholic-35-servings.html Intense energy and very good flavor. I have around 13 people hooked on it at gym

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This sounds like a cheap effective addition, I might look into just lowering my caffeine intake and add a little taurine
Check out HyperMax, its on sale on Nutraplanet.

If you buy 1 HyperMax you get a FREE CreMax for under 25 bucks. Or if you buy 2 HyperMax they are 22 bucks each. Hell of a deal for a great pre workout!

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
So let me get this straight. You didn't take stimulants all summer and the first week back you started anywhere between 600-1000 mg? Also you are afraid of taking ephedrine but not afraid of consuming a full gram of caffeine? What the hell dude.
yes, haha u are correct. Idk why I'm skits out by e but I just am haha

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotta second Stimul8 and MAX Pump combo. Crazy focus and energy with some nasty pumps.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe cut your caffeine dosage a bit to say 400mg and stack it with this. I haven't tried before but have tried Uncut which has the same ingredient plus some extras. Or better yet, drop the stand alone caffeine and just stack Uncut with Amentomax.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you tried CONQU3R? It has 300 mg caffeine and 1 g of taurine in it. Pretty close to what you're dosing caffeine at and has taurine in it. The AMP Citrate should make up for any holes in stimulant you might find with 100 mg less of caffeine. Plus, everything else is clinically dosed.

Ohhhhhh ya AND it's not a proprietary blend =)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was just curious as to other peoples thoughts on this. I take anywhere from 400mg to the extremely rare 1g of caffeine as my preworkout. Usually around 600mg is the sweet spot. I'm curious as to anyone's opinion on a pre that would work better than let's say 600mg and how many scoops does it take for this?
Hey OP, look into Razor8: 296 mg of caffeine per scoop, plus 4.5 mg of yohimbine, plus higenamine and hordenine, make this a very strong stimmed pre-WO. Sounds like it'd be right up your alley.

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nothing gets me cranked up like some hot ass. Especially if I'm really horny and have super boners.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried CONQU3R? It has 300 mg caffeine and 1 g of taurine in it. Pretty close to what you're dosing caffeine at and has taurine in it. The AMP Citrate should make up for any holes in stimulant you might find with 100 mg less of caffeine. Plus, everything else is clinically dosed.

Ohhhhhh ya AND it's not a proprietary blend =)
I have not... but it sounds/looks promising. Might give that a go. :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Nothing gets me cranked up like some hot ass. Especially if I'm really horny and have super boners.
ahh yeah, this stuff here?

never tried it myself but heard it was legit...I mean the chick on the label likes it so it has to be solid amiright?

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I swear I recall reading that 600mg is optimal for athletic output... I wouldn't bother with more. Either add in different stims or other chemicals that enhance the caffeine.

musslm2

musslm2

Awards
Prework don't work for me.. So I take syndrex which is a fat burner that works awesome.. I take it 40 min before I work out .. Extreme energy

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Prework don't work for me.. So I take syndrex which is a fat burner that works awesome.. I take it 40 min before I work out .. Extreme energy
Synedrex contains... basically average pre-workout stuff, also what appears to be a... possibly-misspelled and undisclosed amount of thyroid hormone? Shady.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking Dexaprine XR fat burner as my "preworkout" lately. I love it.