ahhh the money wasted over the years

the anapolack

Awards
dibencozide,diosgenin,andro6,smilax,lactic acid,hot stuff,myostatin cp,hmb,FRAC

what else should i add to the list of supps just serving to make me pee purty colors?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
andro poppers, creatine serum, glutamine, ecdysterone. there's a lot more money down the drain that i'd rather not think about.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
98% of the stuff out there is crap. When I started lifting in the mid to late 80's I tried Smilax (sp?), boron, some kind of elk horn and HotStuff. All of them were crap. Now I will use is PH's/ Gear, Protein powder, maybe some herbs, and DS/CNW/MR/IBE. Brands I can trust. Most supps are not worth there price IMO. If a supp gives you a 6-7% increase in something that is already happening (muscle gain or fat loss), then it ain't worth it.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
That's why my supplement regimen consists just of multis and protein because most of it is crap. I thank a lot of you for proving myself right and saving myself lots of money in the process.

Scrap

Board Supporter
Awards
It's really funny reading this thread, as I can definitely relate. I remember going through tubs and tubs of HotStuff back before I knew any better. The placebo effect was in full swing too - I thought it was great! Before that, I was one of the Cybergenics victims - I remember that kit was like $130 or something ridiculous like that. And, I fell for the boron crap too...

Ah, memories... :frustrate

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I do think a lot of them do some of what they say. NO supplements can give some pretty massive pumps. The question is what good is that for growing muscle? Creatine, multivitamins, EFAs and steroids seem to be the only truly good supplements.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Even creatine is hit or miss. Never once has it worked for me. Non-responder maybe, but that is one supplement I wasted a few dollars on.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Wow, thinking back, I decided to check, and HotStuff is STILL in business! :lol:

Did you guys know that HotStuff is the "World's first natural testosterone booster"?! :lol:

http://www.hotstuffworld.com/home.html
Wow, must be good. Look at all the **** that's in it.

55 Ingredients That Help HOT STUFF
Boost Testosterone Naturally

1. Radix Astragali: Believed to strengthen muscle and improve metabolic function. Potent immune system tonic.
  2. Radix Angelicae: Used as a muscle building tonic. Nourishes the blood and activates blood circulation.
  3. Ho Shu Wu (FoTi): Increases and builds essential energy and cleanses the blood.
  4. Eucommia: Superb energy tonic. Often used by athletes to strengthen the joints and the body.
  5. Rna-Dna: Increases cell energy and the synthesis of protein. Helps in rebuilding cells to ensure post-workout repair and growth.
  6. Saw Palmetto: Contains plant sterols known to improve physical performance, and has profound effects on testosterone metabolism.
  7. Smilax: Used to increase muscle strength and size. Believed to augment the body’s natural production of its own testosterone.
  8. CoQ10: Plays a role in energy production. Powerful antioxidant. Enhances system.
  9. Chromium (Picolinate): Activates many enzymes involved in glucose and protein for burning fat and increasing lean body mass.
  10. Silica: Excellent for building strong bones and connective tissue.
  11. Vanadyl Sulfate: Helps increase the aid of muscle growth and development, and reduces body-fat.
  12. Colostrum: Reported to help increase lean body mass and strength.
  13. BCAA’s: Assists the muscles in synthesizing other amino acids to aid muscle growth. Also helps muscles absorb blood sugar to be used as energy.
  14. Creatine Monohydrate: Enhances energy and athletic performance, and will significantly enhance gains in muscle mass and strength.
  15. Wild Oats: Aids digestion, and increases testosterone levels. Increases aerobic power and muscle strength. Also is a great muscle builder.
  16. Nettle Root: Rich in vitamins, lipids, and chlorophyll. Increases aerobic power and muscle strength.
  17. Mild anti-inflammatory and diuretic.
  18. Kola Nut: Increases energy and alertness. Increases fat-burning process.
  19. Zinc Aspartate: Aids in protein synthesis and collagen formation. Essential to athletes for growth and development.
  20. Potassium Chloride: Essential in maintaining fluid balance within the muscles, which aids in contraction and transmission of glucose into glocogen for energy.
  21. Magnesium Carbonate: Essential for vital enzyme activity. Aids in the transmission of nerve and muscle impulses. Prevents muscle weakness.
  22. Guarana Extract: Increases energy and alertness. Increases fat-burning process.
  23. Royal Jelly: High in nutrients, especially B-complex. High concentrations of vitamins, minerals, enzymes and amino acids.
  24. Muirapuama: A stimulant that is reported to enhance sports performance because of the rush it produces. Increases energy.
  25. Yohimbe Bark: Many male athletes use this herb because of its reputed muscle building effects. Also known to improve sports performance and increase energy.
  26. Yerba Mate: Helps to relieve fatigue and stress. Cleanses the blood and stimulates the mind. Also reported to be a fat-burner.
  27. Selenium: Boosts immunity and neutralizes many free radicals and carcinogens. Vital antioxidant.
  28. Digestive Enzymes: Breaks down food particles for storage in the liver and muscles to be used as energy. Also helps to construct new muscle tissue.
  29. Quebracho Bark: Highly effective stimulant. Known to elevate mood and increase energy. Builds overall strength.
  30. Plant Sterols: Improves physical performance. Has general anabolic activity within muscle cells. Allows athletes to adapt to harder training loads.
  31. Phosphatidyl Serine: Inhibits exercise-induced increase in cortisol, which, in turn, has an anti-catabolic effect in muscles.
  32. L-Glutamine: Promotes protein and glycogen synthesis in muscles and liver, which can prevent muscle catabolism. Helps buffer lactic acid build-up while training. Alleviates fatigue.
  33. L-Carnitine: Controls increases in body-fat stores by converting nutrients into energy. Burns body-fat, and improves athletic performance.
  34. L-Lysine: Essential building block for all proteins. Utilizes fatty acids required in energy production. Important for recovery from sports injuries.
  35. Vitamin E: A powerful antioxidant. Improves oxygen utilization. Enhances immune response and improves athletic performance.
  36. Vitamin C: Powerful antioxidant that is required for tissue growth and repair. Protects against the effects of infection and enhances immunity.
  37. PAK: Has been shown to significantly improve aerobic and anaerobic perform-ance by its ability to increase energy production. Also reduces lactic acid build-up.
  38. Suma: High in nutrients. Contains 19 different amino acids and electrolytes. Helps oxygenate the system and maintain lean muscle mass.
  39. Calcium Pyruvate:
  40. American Ginseng: Helps to restore energy after great fatigue. Reported to have invigorating and stimulating power. Acts as a general tonic.
  41. Siberian Ginseng: Helps to adapt to all kinds of stresses. Improves oxygen carrying capacity of the blood. Promotes mental and physical vigor, metabolism, stamina, and endurance under stressful conditions.
  42. Cordyceps: Renown as a supertonic, and is said to build physical power and mental energy.
  43. Codonopsis: Helps to restore energy, balance metabolism, and stimulate the production of blood.
  44. Epemedium: A powerful tonic and stimulant. Helps strengthen the bones and joints.
  45. Dendrobium: Helps to quickly and effectively restore spent energy. A tonic and longevity herb.
  46. Licorice Root: Helps strengthen muscles. Regulates blood sugar levels. Strongest detoxifier known to man without side effects.
  47. Schizandra: Helps to increase endurance and strengthen the whole body. A powerful tonic which is said to improve memory.
  48. Peony: Nourishes the blood. Helps to detoxify the liver and improves blood circulation.
  49. Lycii Fructus: Nourishes the blood and liver. Excellent energy and blood tonic.
  50. Cinnamon: Promotes internal energy and strengthens the body. Strong tonic that promotes good circulation.
  51. NAC: Shown to reduce fatigue in muscles and improve liver metabolism. Aids in the main antioxidant enzyme, glutathione peroxidase.
  52. Mexican Wild Yam: Increases physical well-being, enhances energy, and decreases body-fat. Improves ability to deal with stressful situations.
  53. Plus: Protein and natural carbohydrates.
  54. Calcium Pyruvate: Is manufactured by the body and is involved in both fat and carbohydrate utilization. Studies show that it can expand exercise time before fatigue sets in.
  55. Tribulus Terrestris: also called puncture vine. Helps boost testosterone. Used as a natural herbal alternative to synthetic anabolic hormones.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
98% of the stuff out there is crap. When I started lifting in the mid to late 80's I tried Smilax (sp?), boron, some kind of elk horn and HotStuff. All of them were crap.
You beat me to it. I remember buying bottles of Sterols thinking they were like steroids. In the 80's they were huge.

Scrap

Board Supporter
Awards
You beat me to it. I remember buying bottles of Sterols thinking they were like steroids. In the 80's they were huge.
:icon_lol:

I don't rememeber what the product name was, but something I was buying back then had those plant sterols in it too... this thread is too funny...

Sad thing is, things haven't really changed all that much... especially when it comes to people new to lifting... There's a whole lot of useles stuff out there that is flying off the shelves.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
How about "The Beast"? I remember seeing ads for that **** all the time. In fact, I think I still see them floating around sometimes. Anyone ever use that?

ericnb_98

Awards
With all the time and money you have spent over the years what would you say was/is the best? What do you think is worth spending your hard earned duckets on now?
With so many things pre ban and post ban it boggles the mind. Everyones input could help save others frustrations.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
With all the time and money you have spent over the years what would you say was/is the best? Whau do you think is worth spending your hard earned duckets on now?
With so many things pre ban and post ban it boggles the mind. Everyones input could help save others frustrations.
I would say these following are workable things that i would speand money on:
1. Gear and related items
2. Ph/PS
3. Protein
4. Ephedra
5. Trimax
6. Creatine (if you are a responder)
7. and certin herbs: celery seed extract and etc.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
aas and protein. it's all you need in life.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

My friend still uses the BEAST and he gained 22lbs in 3 months on it and his bench went from 205 to 265lbs!

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Actually my friend got placebo effects from it and he made it seem so good I bought a bottle for $50dollars from GNC and realized it was the priciest water I have ever bought! That's when I joined this site years ago and never looked back! I have also bought into the Methoxy, Ecdysterones, Myostatin blockers, Creatine Serums (a few times), original andro, and others!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
A bit off topic, but I'm wondering with all the supps we use/mix+match all the time if some of the residuals, byproducts or synergistic "results" from these constant concoctions might create some toxic environments. I think it might be wise to "cleanse and purify" somehow, or cycle off most everything from time to time. I'm sure some of you guys do this, but I never seem to (and I'm not talking androgens here). If I'm regularly taking ALCAR, CM, Rhodiola, theanine, NAC, ALA, silymarin, trib, and other stuff to boot as well as vitamins/minerals, protein, MSM, glucosamine, taurine...hell, that's not even everything, maybe I'm more toxic than if I were just eating a lot of food! Not that I DON'T think the aforementioned supps have a place, but does anyone think this is a legit concern?

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
:icon_lol:

I don't rememeber what the product name was, but something I was buying back then had those plant sterols in it too... this thread is too funny...

Sad thing is, things haven't really changed all that much... especially when it comes to people new to lifting... There's a whole lot of useles stuff out there that is flying off the shelves.
Yeah Jeff Summers makes a mint off of the newbies.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
A bit off topic, but I'm wondering with all the supps we use/mix+match all the time if some of the residuals, byproducts or synergistic "results" from these constant concoctions might create some toxic environments. I think it might be wise to "cleanse and purify" somehow, or cycle off most everything from time to time. I'm sure some of you guys do this, but I never seem to (and I'm not talking androgens here). If I'm regularly taking ALCAR, CM, Rhodiola, theanine, NAC, ALA, silymarin, trib, and other stuff to boot as well as vitamins/minerals, protein, MSM, glucosamine, taurine...hell, that's not even everything, maybe I'm more toxic than if I were just eating a lot of food! Not that I DON'T think the aforementioned supps have a place, but does anyone think this is a legit concern?
Yes, definitely cycle off... even from whey powder for at least a weak. The reason being that all of these things are constituents of food but with all those little things we don't know about to go with them. Food and its nutrients have natural checks and balances which are obviously not in these indiviual powders we take. Now I don't know whether it is bad or not for sure, but better to be safe right? Besides, I've found that you become refreshed and re-sensitized after cycling off ALL supplements for about a month. Not only does it give your body a break, but it has a nice psychological effect and in my opinion is good for one's overall outlook.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Not only does it give your body a break, but it has a nice psychological effect and in my opinion is good for one's overall outlook.
...and for some of you, one's overall checkbook.

Renton405

Awards
How about "The Beast"? I remember seeing ads for that **** all the time. In fact, I think I still see them floating around sometimes. Anyone ever use that?
I was a victim of that one. THe beast , comes in a dropper bottle...*sigh*

Muscletech victim too - Anotestin, Acetabolin, hydroxycut stack....

Regular creatine, non responder...

So far the only things that work decently for me are Nlarge, V12 turbo and the newer prohormones(1test)

GaiaN

Awards
I would say these following are workable things that i would speand money on:
1. Gear and related items
2. Ph/PS
3. Protein
4. Ephedra
5. Trimax
6. Creatine (if you are a responder)
7. and certin herbs: celery seed extract and etc.

What is "gear"... Either I'm being a complete imbisil and "gear" in this sense is the actual equipment like wrist wraps, weight belts, medicine ball, ect.. Rr is it it an actual suppliment?

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
Wow, must be good. Look at all the **** that's in it.

55 Ingredients That Help HOT STUFF
Boost Testosterone Naturally

Licorice Root:
Helps strengthen muscles. Regulates blood sugar levels. Strongest detoxifier known to man without side effects.​

Wait--I thought licorice root had ANTI-testosterone, pro-estrogen properties...?

ivydude

Board Supporter
Awards
What is "gear"... Either I'm being a complete imbisil and "gear" in this sense is the actual equipment like wrist wraps, weight belts, medicine ball, ect.. Rr is it it an actual suppliment?
It's a synonym for AAS, i.e. juice, etc.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
gaian---please tell me your joking:trout:

GaiaN

Awards
i wish i was :( i'm not familiar with these acronym aas, and i guess i had a different picture of what a "juice" is... Please inform me in a non flaming manner :)

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
to save yourself from getting flamed everytime you post, I would read the stickies in all of the sections of this board and try to get a base of knowledge. Search the web as well. Even if you choose not to "juice" you should know the basics. I would learn some of the basics about prohormones too, people still have them and will for a while (they were banned as of this past Jan)

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
i wish i was :( i'm not familiar with these acronym aas, and i guess i had a different picture of what a "juice" is... Please inform me in a non flaming manner :)
The best way to figure that out is to go to the steroid portion of this board and read the stickies. The more you read about it, the better idea you'll have.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry I won't flame. Everybody has to start somewhere and AM is the best palce to start. Read the stickies, do searches and then ask questions.