home made pre workout supp?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyone have home made pre workout supps? like to see what you guys have come up with..

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
anyone have home made pre workout supps? like to see what you guys have come up with..
We keep it simple here with 1000mg agmatine 509mg niacin non flush and 1500mg of Arginine if we do it as a homemade pre workout

DarthGainer

Awards
Caffeine 200mg + Nitrates 300-600mg = Cheap & effective.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
We keep it simple here with 1000mg agmatine 509mg niacin non flush and 1500mg of Arginine if we do it as a homemade pre workout
why the arginine, i hope its not for NO production

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
why the arginine, i hope its not for NO production
No, I read somewhere that it's a good supplement to take for heart health, and it stacks well with agmatine in our experience. I read the article that says Arginine isn't for NO production

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Citrulline/Citrulline Malate + Amentomax+ Caffeine, simple enough.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS sells everything needed for a preworkout blend. Creatime, agmatine, caffeine, citrulline, leucine, and if you don't want to start from scratch just pick up focus xt and add some goodies.

healthfanatic

healthfanatic

Awards
Citrulline Malate: 6 grams
Beta Alanine: 2-3 grams
Taurine: 2 grams
Caffeine: 250mg
Yohimbine: 20mg

Occasionally I'll play around with potassium or betaine nitrate. This stack gives me that edge in clinical doses. Better than any preworkout I've ever tried.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
Citrulline Malate: 6 grams
Beta Alanine: 2-3 grams
Taurine: 2 grams
Caffeine: 250mg
Yohimbine: 20mg

Occasionally I'll play around with potassium or betaine nitrate. This stack gives me that edge in clinical doses. Better than any preworkout I've ever tried.
Speaking of potassium nitrate, mine comes in the mail today. But I like citruline malate, beta alanine, caffeine, and yohimbine also.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Beta Alanine
Caffeine
Cit Mal
Potassium Nitrate
Yohimbine

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Diet coke + coffee

woooohooo dis huypy muuuuuud

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
id rather not make my own because it's just too much crap on the shelf

but things i look for in pre's:
caffeine
potassium nitrate
agmatine
LCLT or Alcar

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
id rather not make my own because it's just too much crap on the shelf

but things i look for in pre's:
caffeine
potassium nitrate
agmatine
LCLT or Alcar
And there really isn't a lot products that contain potassium nitrate...at least that I know of. Forgot to mention LCLT.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And there really isn't a lot products that contain potassium nitrate...at least that I know of. Forgot to mention LCLT.
i know, kno3 isn't in a ton of pre's just yet, but if a pre has it in there it's a bonus...or else i can just take the capsules

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Loving NOxygen atm

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS sells everything needed for a preworkout blend. Creatime, agmatine, caffeine, citrulline, leucine, and if you don't want to start from scratch just pick up focus xt and add some goodies.
Love this:
6g Cit Mal
5g creatine
Scoop of focus xt or 200mg caffein pill
4g leucine
1g agmatine

And SNS sells it all in bulk. Very convenient.

And i'll throw in some nitrates every once in a while if I really wanna get crazy.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love this:
6g Cit Mal
5g creatine
Scoop of focus xt or 200mg caffein pill
4g leucine
1g agmatine

And SNS sells it all in bulk. Very convenient.

And i'll throw in some nitrates every once in a while if I really wanna get crazy.
If only we had that as well:) what about tmg?

Capit

Awards
Current pre:

24 mg ephedrine
5 mg yohimbine
200 mg caffeine
500 mg cdp-choline
1 g ALCAR
80 mg amentoflavone
3 g betaine + betaine nitrate (350 mg nitrate)
300 mg potassium nitrate
3 g COP
9 g cit mal

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Current pre: 24 mg ephedrine 5 mg yohimbine 200 mg caffeine 500 mg cdp-choline 1 g ALCAR 80 mg amentoflavone 3 g betaine + betaine nitrate (350 mg nitrate) 300 mg potassium nitrate 3 g COP 9 g cit mal
Lol what is that like $6 per workout? How's that treating you?

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
Posted this in another pre-wo thread, but figure I'll also put it here....

Sitting at work, spent about 5 hours putting this all together. Slow day. I've had so many tubs of various pre-wo at home, it's been over a year since I've had to buy anything new. Came online to research, and started looking at pre-jym and conqu3r, but each had downsides...

- With both, of course, the price. $2.04 for pre-jym, w/ shipping. $2.50 for conqu3r, w/shipping.
- I also don't really need 300mg of caffeine. I like to use the minimum amount of caffeine necessary to get me going, and I find that 200mg is enough.
- I especially don't like the inclusion of AMP in conqu3r at all. Deal-breaker, for me.
- I also don't like the creatine mono in conqu3r, as I get side effects from mono, but that's just me personally.
- With both, unnecessary artificial colors and sweeteners. I know, I've been consuming these things in my prewo's for years, but for a long time I've wanted to try to cut them down as much as possible.

Anyway, that's all personal preference, but seeing those open labels with all the ingredients nicely laid out inspired me, so I started building my own and here's what I came up with, along with serving size, price per serving, and brand. Everything is powder, unless otherwise noted. All ingredients are from amazon, as I'm a prime member so shipping is not a factor. I also used the subscribe and save option on several ingredients and saved an extra 15%.

Pre-workout
Caffeine (from coffee extract) - 200mg ($0.028) [BulkSupplements]
Citrulline Malate 2:1 - 6g ($0.432) [BulkSupplements]
Agmatine (capsule) - 1g ($0.42) [USPLabs]
Carnosyn Beta Alanine - 2g ($0.064) [NOW]
Betaine TMG (capsule) - 1.5g ($0.14) [Source Naturals]
Taurine - 1g ($0.048) [NOW]
NAC (capsule) - 600mg ($0.06) [NOW]
Tyrosine - 1.5g ($0.195) [BulkSupplements]
Bioperine (capsule) - 10mg ($0.04) [Source Naturals]
TOTAL COST = $1.427/serving

Post-workout
Creacore Creatine HCL - 1.75g ($0.29) [MuscleTech] (I used 3.5g for initial saturation, then backed off)
Carnosyn Beta Alanine - 2g ($0.064) [NOW]
Betaine TMG (capsule) - 1.5g ($0.14) [Source Naturals]
Bioperine (capsule) - 10mg ($0.04) [Source Naturals]
TOTAL COST = $0.534

COMBINED TOTAL = $1.961

On off days I would use the post-workout mix in the morning with a second dose of beta alanine and betaine sometime later.

So yea, not too much cheaper than pre-jym, but there are some advantages. I was able to add in some agmatine, cut the caffeine down, and double my doses of betaine and beta alanine. Cost could be cut even more if using creatine mono rather than hcl, but I'm one of those people who gets side effects from mono and hcl has treated me well. I'm still getting artificial colors/flavors from the creacore, but the cost is so much less than con-cret unflavored that I couldn't pass it up. I left out alpha gpc and huperzine, because I don't really care about those, but I may add alcar eventually. I also left out the bcaa, because I already have a giant tub at home that will last me for a long time still.

Any input is welcome. Additions, subtractions, dosages, etc.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Posted this in another pre-wo thread, but figure I'll also put it here.... Sitting at work, spent about 5 hours putting this all together. Slow day. I've had so many tubs of various pre-wo at home, it's been over a year since I've had to buy anything new. Came online to research, and started looking at pre-jym and conqu3r, but each had downsides... - With both, of course, the price. $2.04 for pre-jym, w/ shipping. $2.50 for conqu3r, w/shipping. - I also don't really need 300mg of caffeine. I like to use the minimum amount of caffeine necessary to get me going, and I find that 200mg is enough. - I especially don't like the inclusion of AMP in conqu3r at all. Deal-breaker, for me. - I also don't like the creatine mono in conqu3r, as I get side effects from mono, but that's just me personally. - With both, unnecessary artificial colors and sweeteners. I know, I've been consuming these things in my prewo's for years, but for a long time I've wanted to try to cut them down as much as possible. Anyway, that's all personal preference, but seeing those open labels with all the ingredients nicely laid out inspired me, so I started building my own and here's what I came up with, along with serving size, price per serving, and brand. Everything is powder, unless otherwise noted. All ingredients are from amazon, as I'm a prime member so shipping is not a factor. I also used the subscribe and save option on several ingredients and saved an extra 15%. Pre-workout Caffeine (from coffee extract) - 200mg ($0.028) [BulkSupplements] Citrulline Malate 2:1 - 6g ($0.432) [BulkSupplements] Agmatine (capsule) - 1g ($0.42) [USPLabs] Carnosyn Beta Alanine - 2g ($0.064) [NOW] Betaine TMG (capsule) - 1.5g ($0.14) [Source Naturals] Taurine - 1g ($0.048) [NOW] NAC (capsule) - 600mg ($0.06) [NOW] Tyrosine - 1.5g ($0.195) [BulkSupplements] Bioperine (capsule) - 10mg ($0.04) [Source Naturals] TOTAL COST = $1.427/serving Post-workout Creacore Creatine HCL - 1.75g ($0.29) [MuscleTech] (I used 3.5g for initial saturation, then backed off) Carnosyn Beta Alanine - 2g ($0.064) [NOW] Betaine TMG (capsule) - 1.5g ($0.14) [Source Naturals] Bioperine (capsule) - 10mg ($0.04) [Source Naturals] TOTAL COST = $0.534 COMBINED TOTAL = $1.961 On off days I would use the post-workout mix in the morning with a second dose of beta alanine and betaine sometime later. So yea, not too much cheaper than pre-jym, but there are some advantages. I was able to add in some agmatine, cut the caffeine down, and double my doses of betaine and beta alanine. Cost could be cut even more if using creatine mono rather than hcl, but I'm one of those people who gets side effects from mono and hcl has treated me well. I'm still getting artificial colors/flavors from the creacore, but the cost is so much less than con-cret unflavored that I couldn't pass it up. I left out alpha gpc and huperzine, because I don't really care about those, but I may add alcar eventually. I also left out the bcaa, because I already have a giant tub at home that will last me for a long time still. Any input is welcome. Additions, subtractions, dosages, etc.
This is the idea right here, cost effective method doing it your own way. I have a similar set up; definitely add that ALCAR.

warpyfunch

warpyfunch

Awards
  • Established
This is the idea right here, cost effective method doing it your own way. I have a similar set up; definitely add that ALCAR.
would you add the alcar in place of anything, or just add it with everything else? pre? post? both?

avega17

Awards
  • Established
would you add the alcar in place of anything, or just add it with everything else? pre? post? both?
Keep everything the same. Try 1-2g of ALCAR pre and 2g LCLT post. Or could look into the other forms, but I'm not well versed in the differences. Maybe someone can explain

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 7
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 2
Supplements 35
CorpKiller Supplements 6
00A Supplements 30