Zinc the best natural Test booster?

symbianblack

Awards
The ONLY thing that has touched me (other than Forskolin 90%) as far as test boosting affects is Zinc Gluconate. I've tried TribX90, DIM, and I3C and nothing. Anyone else have this experience? I've read too many situations where DAA gave guys gyno.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Maybe you aren't getting enough from your diet. But by saying it increased your test are you saying you had bloodwork done?

symbianblack

Awards
Maybe you aren't getting enough from your diet. But by saying it increased your test are you saying you had bloodwork done?
oh no I would've included that detail. But with Zinc/forskolin pre workout I notice obvious strength gains. I split up both and notice the Gaines. Didn't take them both a noticed the decrease. I get enough almonds and other zinc rich foods. I just downed a pound of organic spinich for instance

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
oh no I would've included that detail. But with Zinc/forskolin pre workout I notice obvious strength gains. I split up both and notice the Gaines. Didn't take them both a noticed the decrease. I get enough almonds and other zinc rich foods. I just downed a pound of organic spinich for instance
Almonds only have .9mg in the normal serving, spinach doesn't have much if any. But whatever works for you just don't overdo it.

symbianblack

Awards
Almonds only have .9mg in the normal serving, spinach doesn't have much if any. But whatever works for you just don't overdo it.
I see you didnt absorb my whole statement lol. I did say almonds and other foods lol.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Zinc is a quite common deficiency. Its absorption is also limiter by several things.

Supplementing with zinc to get to appropriate levels will absolutely help hormone production.

This will in no scenario result in acute strength/performance gains as stated.

Also zinc, when supplemented above recommended amounts, is not difficult to reach an amount deemed toxic.

symbianblack

Awards
Zinc is a quite common deficiency. Its absorption is also limiter by several things.

Supplementing with zinc to get to appropriate levels will absolutely help hormone production.

Also zinc, when supplemented above recommended amounts, is not difficult to reach an amount deemed toxic.
Well it must be a placebo then. And what's toxic? I take 2 50s a day

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
have you tried tropinol and/or testabolan? im T deficient from prior hormone use and both of these products have produced pretty awesome results for me..
I do take more than the recommended dose of testabolan and It takes a few weeks to really build in the system. give them a shot when your ready to try something different.

symbianblack

Awards
have you tried tropinol and/or testabolan? im T deficient from prior hormone use and both of these products have produced pretty awesome results for me..
I do take more than the recommended dose of testabolan and It takes a few weeks to really build in the system. give them a shot when your ready to try something different.
If they are pro hormones I prefer not

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
research lately has shown poor results albeit victor conte believes zinc deficiency is high in high level athletes so i dont knowwww

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards

very nicely stated d2l...perfect

Well it must be a placebo then.
yup, plain & simple
thanks for sharing

have you tried tropinol and/or testabolan? im T deficient from prior hormone use and both of these products have produced pretty awesome results for me...
If they are pro hormones I prefer not
lol....gawd forbid you have to google the two items mentioned to find out

research lately has shown poor results albeit victor conte believes zinc deficiency is high in high level athletes so i dont knowwww
LMAO
if you believe anything conte says, I feel for you, truly.. :rolleyes:
guy is scam artist perfected

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Just simply stating the inventor of zmas opinion

Sarcastic much!?

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Not sure why u care what I buy into tbh

U agree with d2L on his statement about zinc deficiency and hormone production but are now talking about buying into bull about conte saying the same exact thing...
Somewhat contradictory in nature

Overall the intial zma studies were positive in collegiate football players but I believe were funded by snac so they can be taken with a grain of salt

The follow up studies have more recently showed unfavorable results, I forget the patient population tho so it leads to the possibility that higher activity levels result in decreased zinc and decreased hormone production, restoring zinc may just boost hormone production back to what would be a normal baseline (hypothetically), personally I don't think supplemental zinc is necessary for an average person

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Not sure why u care what I buy into tbh
I don't, tbh..

but let's be clear here:
there is a difference between agreeing with d2l, ie "IF there is deficiency of zinc, THEN supplementing with such can aid hormone production (as well as host of other things)...
versus the stance of conte, which was a flat "zinc will help boost testosterone production", no qualification of individual deficiency needed..

relax tho bud, you are making mountain out of molehill...I am not making a beef with you

I simply state (and will repeat): if you are looking to victor conte for your understanding of zinc let alone anything else (except the cream & the clear), you are looking at the wrong source for such information

personally I don't think supplemental zinc is necessary for an average person
agreed - absolutely worthless (and potentially detrimental), in the absence of zinc specific deficiency

have a good day

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
I don't, tbh..

but let's be clear here:
there is a difference between agreeing with d2l, ie "IF there is deficiency of zinc, THEN supplementing with such can aid hormone production (as well as host of other things)...
versus the stance of conte, which was a flat "zinc will help boost testosterone production", no qualification of individual deficiency needed..

relax tho bud, you are making mountain out of molehill...I am not making a beef with you

I simply state (and will repeat): if you are looking to victor conte for your understanding of zinc let alone anything else (except the cream & the clear), you are looking at the wrong source for such information

agreed - absolutely worthless (and potentially detrimental), in the absence of zinc specific deficiency

have a good day
I never considered any of this beef, when someone quotes a post I usually respond

First, please don't make up your own quotes under someone else's name, if your going to quote someone at least go to the source. This is how misguided information begins.

Interview with conte bb.com 2007

"Sometimes the depletions or excesses found had a genetic or psychological origin. However, what we soon realized was that the most effective nutritional manipulations were those based upon the individual needs of the athlete as well as the specific demands of their sport.For example, the type of supplementation program needed by a track athlete orbaseball or football player may be much different than one designed for a bodybuilder. Bodybuilders don't utilize the same type of speed, flexibility, functional power and/or endurance as some other competitive athletes do."

This makes sense, I agree

This part im not so sure I agree, but admit I do not know the prevalence of zinc deficiency in the normal population,

"formulation designed to significantly improve muscle strength and endurance as well as accelerate healing and tissue repair. Scientific research has demonstrated that rigorous exercise and stress result in significant body losses of both zinc and magnesium. These mineral deficiencies are common in the general population and even more prevalent in athletes."

Evidence For:
Rats:
Results of the study demonstrate that zinc supplementation leads to a significant increase in testosterone levels and a significant decrease in lactate levels. In conclusion, physiological doses of zinc supplementation can be useful for performance."

Wrestlers:
Findings of our study demonstrate that exhaustion exercise led to a significant inhibition of both thyroid hormones and testosterone concentrations, but that 4-week zinc supplementation prevented this inhibition in wrestlers. In conclusion, physiological doses of zinc administration may benefit performance.

Against:
Baylor study
"Results indicate that ZMA supplementation during training does not appear to enhance training adaptations in resistance trained populations."

In the end its pretty typical of research with evidence on both sides, read, learn, and make your own informed decision.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I love ZMA. Will it make me huge? No. But the dreams alone are enough to keep me going back

blondmuscle

blondmuscle

Banned
Awards
"Gaines?" What??

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
First, please don't make up your own quotes under someone else's name, if your going to quote someone at least go to the source. This is how misguided information begins.
lqtm
or maybe there's a third option...
learning how to distinguish verbatim quotation of someone (as I have done above for example, with your post), versus off-setting a generalized idea in current discussion by these "quotation marks" (<--- like so)..

but I thank you for your valuable feedback...however I will continue with my style of posting and quoting, thanks

In the end its pretty typical of research with evidence on both sides, read, learn, and make your own informed decision.
more verbatim quoting, you see...
are you bipolar? first you argue with me and tell me I am wrong in my stance; then, you say to read and learn and make your own informed decision -- which is what I have done, no?

in any event, let's agree to be done with this nitpicking discussion, shall we?

bottom line -- to the topic at hand and the TITLE of the thread:
NO, zinc is NOT the best natural testosterone booster, in generic discussion or comparison, because in the absence of metabolic zinc deficiency it will not oinly have NO bearing on this hormonal output, it can indeed become toxic and have negative attributes

the more pertinent and realistic point of this whole story is:
proper mineral balance in the body (ALL minerals) is essential for proper function of MANY bodily functions...
mineral function acts together in concert, not as solo artists

/thread

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
lqtm
or maybe there's a third option...
learning how to distinguish verbatim quotation of someone (as I have done above for example, with your post), versus off-setting a generalized idea in current discussion by these "quotation marks" (<--- like so)..

but I thank you for your valuable feedback...however I will continue with my style of posting and quoting, thanks

more verbatim quoting, you see...
are you bipolar? first you argue with me and tell me I am wrong in my stance; then, you say to read and learn and make your own informed decision -- which is what I have done, no?

in any event, let's agree to be done with this nitpicking discussion, shall we?

bottom line -- to the topic at hand and the TITLE of the thread:
NO, zinc is NOT the best natural testosterone booster, in generic discussion or comparison, because in the absence of metabolic zinc deficiency it will not oinly have NO bearing on this hormonal output, it can indeed become toxic and have negative attributes

the more pertinent and realistic point of this whole story is:
proper mineral balance in the body (ALL minerals) is essential for proper function of MANY bodily functions...
mineral function acts together in concert, not as solo artists

/thread

yay for personal assaults!!!!!

looks like someone has their

brochurepicture.jpg

on!!!!!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The ONLY thing that has touched me (other than Forskolin 90%) as far as test boosting affects is Zinc Gluconate. I've tried TribX90, DIM, and I3C and nothing. Anyone else have this experience? I've read too many situations where DAA gave guys gyno.
Personally for me, zinc/ZMA did nothing noticeable. Again, the issue is really whether you are zinc deficient. That said, I go with supplementing vitamin D, and I actually like DAA a lot and have never experienced problems related to purported gyno issues.