Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thoughts on safety/efficacy of ingredient. In the new Komodo visceral response.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
paging mr. cooper!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone?

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it can cause metabolic acidosis that can lead to death...

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I just googled it and glanced at the first study and a few other things. Just wondering what was out there.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
what the phuck.. well looks like im sending my bottle back.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isn't Galegine the compound that Metformin was derived from for diabetics?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
here a study:
6. Mooney, M. H., S. Fogarty, C. Stevenson, A. M. Gallagher, P. Palit, S. A. Hawley, D. G. Hardie, G. D. Coxon, R. D. Waigh, R. J. Tate, A. L. Harvey, and B. L. Furman. "Mechanisms Underlying the Metabolic Actions of Galegine That Contribute to Weight Loss in Mice." British Journal of Pharmacology 153.8 (2008): 1669-677. Web.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it can cause metabolic acidosis that can lead to death...
Hasn't there been some confusion over whether it's diabetes itself that causes a predisposition for acidosis or the drugs to treat it?

--

1. Bodmer M, Meier C, Krahenbuhl S, Jick SS, Meier CR. Metformin, sulfonylureas, or other antidiabetes drugs and the risk of lactic acidosis or hypoglycemia: a nested case-control analysis. Diabetes Care. 2008;31:2086-2091. Abstract
  2. Hamnvik OP, McMahon GT. Balancing risk and benefit with oral hypoglycemic drugs. Mt Sinai J Med. 2009;76:234-243. Abstract

--

That said, Galegine was abandoned in favor of the more effective metformin for a reason I imagine.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I think you are confused...We are not talking about oxy elite and how it killed people in HI.
That was not from the product itself but likely just bad raws in that batch, lots of speculation into it but I still trust USP

This on the other hand is potentially related to metabolic acidosis, as it is quite similar to (and the parent of) metformin which does have that possible side effect.

Metformin was also the only one of 3 derivatives to not be removed for safety reasons.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Please note I am only saying there is potential risk, not that this product will kill you lol.

I have not seen any testing on galegine itself

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
I don't see an issue with a 500 mcg dose of galegine. I believe this same ingredient is in EvoMuse Defuse too. I have used that and have not died yet.

Adobo

Adobo

Awards
  • Established
I don't see an issue with a 500 mcg dose of galegine. I believe this same ingredient is in EvoMuse Defuse too. I have used that and have not died yet.
+ on the Defuse and still alive.

Manufacturer isn't going to produce and sell something that has potential life threatening results as long as used by instructions on the bottle.

People have OD'd on stims and other **** because they injested waaaay too much. Users have to take some responsibility to what they shove in their face. If they can't read directions they shouldn't be using anything that requires directions.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being alive after ingesting something is great and all but doesn't necessarily mean it's safe. I ingested craze for a long time. I'm still alive. Doesn't make eth safe.

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
Being alive after ingesting something is great and all but doesn't necessarily mean it's safe. I ingested craze for a long time. I'm still alive. Doesn't make eth safe.
I hear you. I haven't had any adverse effects and I feel completely comfortable with that small of a dose.

Adobo

Adobo

Awards
  • Established
There are lots of things you can say about that. People thought fumes from solder were completely safe. They have been saying that for 50 years. Though, only recently it was noted as being hazardous for your health.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are lots of things you can say about that. People thought fumes from solder were completely safe. They have been saying that for 50 years. Though, only recently it was noted as being hazardous for your health.
Ok? Soooo I should assume it's not safe with that example? Just trying to find out a little more info if available. I know something dosed in micrograms has to be potent lol. Thanks guys.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
+ on the Defuse and still alive.

Manufacturer isn't going to produce and sell something that has potential life threatening results as long as used by instructions on the bottle.

People have OD'd on stims and other **** because they injested waaaay too much. Users have to take some responsibility to what they shove in their face. If they can't read directions they shouldn't be using anything that requires directions.
True. I see a ton of posts where people ask about how much they should take of a supplement when there are clear directions on the bottle.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
I too have wondered about this ingredient. Visceral response looks like it has a lot of potential but i coudnt find much info on galagine only what komodo had to say about it.

Adobo

Adobo

Awards
  • Established
Ok? Soooo I should assume it's not safe with that example? Just trying to find out a little more info if available. I know something dosed in micrograms has to be potent lol. Thanks guys.
That is not the point of the post. The point is that there is all kinds of **** in the world that nobody knows the long term effects of. Newer chemical food additives, pesticides on produce, New PH's, new stims like amp citrate ect..ect....the list can go on and on. If you are worried about a product then don't take it. That is your choice. People know PH's and anabolics are hard on the body and can be dangerous. Do they still use them? YES.

I'm saying that the supplier and manufacturer of VR will not knowingly put out a product or ingredient if it posed immediate danger to somebody's health or life.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
500mcg or 500mg? if MCG, you have nothing to worry in terms of safety or efficacy about at that dose..

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hasn't there been some confusion over whether it's diabetes itself that causes a predisposition for acidosis or the drugs to treat it?

--

1. Bodmer M, Meier C, Krahenbuhl S, Jick SS, Meier CR. Metformin, sulfonylureas, or other antidiabetes drugs and the risk of lactic acidosis or hypoglycemia: a nested case-control analysis. Diabetes Care. 2008;31:2086-2091. Abstract
  2. Hamnvik OP, McMahon GT. Balancing risk and benefit with oral hypoglycemic drugs. Mt Sinai J Med. 2009;76:234-243. Abstract

--

That said, Galegine was abandoned in favor of the more effective metformin for a reason I imagine.
it's probably open for debate, I would stick to berberine or corosolic acid.

or a patentability issue...

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it's probably open for debate, I would stick to berberine or corosolic acid.

or a patentability issue...
This I agree with.

Something I've sort of noticed throughout the industry is companies trying to be novel for novelty sake.

You can pretty roughly say that <x> dose of <y> ingredient can lower blood sugar by <z> amount for a whole lot of natural ingredients. Many of which can be lumped into the same classes of compounds and are functioning through the same mechanisms.

So why not stick with something such as berberine, which has a significantly greater body of human research, and human safety data behind it? Why use an ingredient that has somewhat limited safety and dosing data to work from, and a much more scarce availability of reliable supply?

Will Galegine work? Sure, probably will, but I don't see any proposed mechanism with which it would work better than already well-established ingredients.

Novelty for novelty sake.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
the supplier and manufacturer of VR will not knowingly put out a product or ingredient if it posed immediate danger to somebody's health or life.
Not saying they would specifically. However, this industry is focused on sales... Not the long term safety of anyone's health. As others have stated, being novel for the sake of it isn't always a good thing. I was looking for info on the ingredient specifically and there doesn't appear to be much. Obviously people will take what they want. I PERSONALLY would rather have some info on what I ingest....

TeamMetal.

TeamMetal.

Awards
I would love to hear Coopers thought on this ingredient. VR is an impressive product on paper.

Adobo

Adobo

Awards
  • Established
I would love to hear Coopers thought on this ingredient. VR is an impressive product on paper.
he had already left positive thoughts on it on another forum. I'm sure when he has some free time he may chime in.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thoughts on safety/efficacy of ingredient. In the new Komodo visceral response.
Amazing ingredient

Found in goats rue

Ampk increases. Weight loss effects. Blood sugar

It was in beta version of recompadrol. Decided against it tho.

Better shined in other environments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Grayson Supplements 2