Any opinions on MAN Body Octane?

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Overpriced but very effective. If you got money to blow...

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is there a good cheaper replacement you guys might recommend.

sirpsycho

sirpsycho

Awards
I'm currently finishing up a bottle of SAN OX and I am going to order MAN BodyOctane this week or next. I have seen positive reviews on other sites, so I'm fairly confident that it is a solid product.

On a side note, I think I remember reading that J-Rod (Joey Rodriguez, owner of MAN) used to develop products for SAN, so I think this guy is reputable.

I will let you know what I think of it after I start taking it, should be next week when I run out of OX, I have about 12 days worth left.

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I believe there are a few other products on the way. The only one I know the name of is Clout, which is a cutting supplement I think, but the ingredients have been released to my knowledge.

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I didn't realize clout was a creatine product, I thought i had read J-Rod saying something about it being for cutting. Perhaps he said he personally was going to use it while cutting or something? Anyway, they definately have quality products that are indeed a bit pricey but not as rediculous as some.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Anything with CM is going to be expensive. You'll still pay a lot going the bulk route, you'll just have more product to show for it.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
There is a much cheaper alternative, that contains even more CM, it’s Endure from vitaplus.net own brand Prometabolix. It was initially priced at $40 but it was slow to take off for some reason. Then people realised the deal and he’s almost sold out. He’ll be making a new batch but may price it higher. It was $40 for 908lbs I think and for every 10g contained I think it was 4.8g CM + taurine and betaine. And no it’s not a rip off, it’s one of the few supps that’s actually worked for me. It’s been great for recovery. I still haven’t finished my tub and just ordered one of the last few.

The only downside is that the powder goes as hard as a rock, which is something Eddie is looking to improve in the next batch! Also, vitaplus have great prices and regular discounts on everything.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
yeah that's what I thought, and it's the reason why it took people a while to get onto it, cause they reckoned it was a scam i think. But yep, it's legit, though not sure how many he's got left at that price.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
ummm yeah, it's grams alright, major typo on my part, but still damn cheap compared to BodyOctane...

ok gotta go :run: :run:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its a much better deal though, you get double of what you get with Body Octane!. I knew MAN products were overpriced to begin with!

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There is a much cheaper alternative, that contains even more CM, it’s Endure from vitaplus.net own brand Prometabolix. It was initially priced at $40 but it was slow to take off for some reason. Then people realised the deal and he’s almost sold out. He’ll be making a new batch but may price it higher. It was $40 for 908lbs I think and for every 10g contained I think it was 4.8g CM + taurine and betaine. And no it’s not a rip off, it’s one of the few supps that’s actually worked for me. It’s been great for recovery. I still haven’t finished my tub and just ordered one of the last few.

The only downside is that the powder goes as hard as a rock, which is something Eddie is looking to improve in the next batch! Also, vitaplus have great prices and regular discounts on everything.
Hey man, I ordered a bottle of this as well. It costed me 47 total. The stuff gets really clumpy, you have to chisel it out but it was a great substitute for BodyOctane. I haven't really used it on a regular basis yet, but sampled it and it tastes really good.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
I haven't used a chisel yet but do use metal measuring spoons and they have become bent! Dead on it tastes good to and it's masked some pretty horrible powders I've used like CEE and Arginine. $47 that would include shipping right? and didn't you use the discount code, as he's always got them going.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I haven't used a chisel yet but do use metal measuring spoons and they have become bent! Dead on it tastes good to and it's masked some pretty horrible powders I've used like CEE and Arginine. $47 that would include shipping right? and didn't you use the discount code, as he's always got them going.
Yea i didnt use the discount code, I was kinda sceptical so I called him (eddie) over the phone. Really good guy. He said that the reason it was so cheap was that the manufacturer made a mistake putting the formula together and also that it was all clumped up and some people would be pissed by that. Doesn't bother me though :)

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
yep that's why it is so cheap. Even then, his next batch will still be cheaper AND there's always the discount code. He is a cool guy, I called him fom Sydney acouple of weeks ago and talked to him for quite a while.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
BodyOctane is more than just CM, you know. I mean, that other product is cheaper because the only other ingredients are taurine and betaine which are both hella cheap. Bodyoctane is CM, carnitine-l-tartrate, beta alanine, and histidine. Beta alanine is probably teh cheapest ingredient in there and it is still way more expensive than eitehr taurine or betaine.

The two products have different goals I think. Sure, they share the commonality of CM but taurine and betaine will act as osmolytes, seems to be more about cell volume. Bodyoctane is about increases in nitric oxide through increasing carnosine (I think).

Just trying to add a little perspective.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Actually I got it wrong, it's got beta-alaninie,and it's also got histidine. The only ingredient different between the 2 is the carnitine-l-tartrate. Is this going to make a huge difference between the 2? I think not. And for the ingredients common to the both I believe Bodyoctane has less.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
So this other product has citrulline malate, ALCAR, betaine, taurine, beta-alanine, and histidine? Maybe I should just go to the website? lol

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
No, it hasn't got ALCAR or betaine. ALCAR is the only one not common to both.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Okay:

Endure: $39.95 (limited edition)
Servings per container approximately 90-100
Amount per serving:
4.8 grams of Citrulline Malate,
2.1 grams of Beta Alanine,
700mg of Histidine,
1.4 grams of Taurine.

BodyOctane: $47.95 (bb.com)
Container Size: 400 Grams
Servings Per Container: 50

Amount Per Serving:
Citrulline Malate 3,500mg
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 1,500mg
Beta-Alanine 1,600mg
Histidine 500mg

Hot damn, I might have to buy Endure. That's a great deal. Then just hop on over to Nutraplanet and buy a kilo of ALCAR at their sale price for like $40.

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
I told you so!!!!!!!!! :hammer: But remember there is clumping, and don't forget the discount code which make it all cheaper!

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I told you so!!!!!!!!! :hammer: But remember there is clumping, and don't forget the discount code which make it all cheaper!
Bitch!!! I will trout you :trout: I just got medieval on your ass.
JK. Thanks for 0ointing this great deal out to us all :box:

Sputnik

Sputnik

Awards
  • Established
Now that's down right nasty :icon_lol: . Anyways, here to learn and serve.

bpi

Awards
You guys need to figure in what LCLT costs. More than CM, now I think. I used to buy LCLT in tabs for $30 per bottle and wouldnt get as much as a bottle of BodyOctane. Can't compare apples and oranges.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
But you have to ask is LCLT really more effective than ALCAR? ALCAR IS rather cheap going for about $50 per kilo.

bpi

Awards
I agree that ALCAR is cheaper and like it myself, but we are discussing the reason Bodyoctane costs more than a product without LCLT.

Maybe MAN can use ALCAR and knock a few bucks off the price, but then again there are studies that prove LCLT improves recovery from weight training at the doses it is included in BodyOctane. I don't think the product was formulated to meet a market price, but rather have every ingredient backed by science in the right dosages.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Seems to me that ALCAR would be a suitable and less expensive replacement to LCLT.

ALC improves both Short-Term Memory and Long-Term Memory.
ALC improves Mood [ALC improves Mood in 53% of healthy subjects].
Acetyl L-Carnitine retards some aspects of the Aging Process in the Skin:
ALC improves the reaction times of people afflicted with Cerebral Insufficiency.
ALC (2-4 grams per day) improves walking distance without Pain in people afflicted with Intermittent Claudication.
ALC prevents the age-related impairment of Eyesight (by protecting the Neurons of the Optic Nerve and the Occipital Cortex of the Brain.
ALC enhances the ability of Macrophages to function as Phagocytes.
ALC improves Athletic Performance [ALC given prior to Exercise increased the maximum running speed of animals].
ALC enhances the function of Cytochrome Oxidase (an essential enzyme of the Electron Transport System (ETS).
ALC improves the Energy metabolism of Neurons (by enhancing the transport of Medium-Chain Saturated Fatty Acids and Short-Chain Saturated Fatty Acids across the Cell Membranes of Neurons into the Mitochondria).
ALC inhibits the damage caused by Hypoxia.
ALC transports Lipids into the Mitochondria of Cells.
ALC improves mood and memory in people with Age Associated Memory Impairment.
ALC improves Mental Function where Alcohol induced cognitive Impairment exists.
ALC increases Alertness.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine inhibits the deterioration in Mental Function associated with Alzheimer?s Disease and slows the progression of Alzheimer?s Disease [people afflicted with Alzheimer?s Disease exhibited significantly less deterioration in Mental Function following the administration of supplemental ALC for 12 months. This finding was verified by using nuclear magnetic resonance on the subjects].
ALC increases Alertness in people afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease - 2,500-3,000 mg per day for 3 months].
ALC inhibits the toxicity of Amyloid-Beta Protein (ABP) to Neurons.
ALC improves Attention Span in people afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease.
ALC improves Short Term Memory in people afflicted with Alzheimer's Disease.
High concentrations of ALC are naturally present in various regions of the Brain.
ALC reverses the age-related decline that occurs in Cholinergic Receptors (i.e. the Receptors that receive Acetylcholine).
ALC improves (eye to hand) Coordination [supplemental ALC @ 1.5 grams per day for 30 days improved eye to hand coordination in healthy, sedentary subjects by a factor of 300-400%].
ALC improves the Interhemispheric Flow of Information across the Corpus Callosum of the Brain.
ALC retards the decline in the number of Dopamine Receptors that occurs in tandem with the Aging Process and (more rapidly) with the onset of Parkinson's Disease.
ALC enhances the release of Dopamine from Dopaminergic Neurons and improves the binding of Dopamine to Dopamine Receptors.
ALC can prevent the destruction of Dopamine Receptors by MPTP (a neurotoxin capable of causing Parkinson's Disease via Dopaminergic Receptor death.
ALC improves Attention Span and Memory in people afflicted with Down?s Syndrome.
ALC retards the inevitable decline in the number of Glucocorticoid Receptors that occurs in tandem with the Aging Process.
ALC enhances the recovery of people afflicted with Hemiplegia (Paralysis of one side of the body) and improves their Mood and Attention Span.
ALC retards the age-related deterioration of the Hippocampus [research - rats].
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC) improves Learning ability [women aged 22 - 27 were supplemented with ALC for 30 days. Complex video game tests before and after supplementation concluded that supplemental ALC caused large increases in speed of Learning, speed of reaction and reduction in errors].
ALC inhibits (and possibly reverses) the degeneration of Myelin Sheaths that occurs in tandem with the progression of the Aging Process [scientific research - hyperglycemic mice treated with ALC for 16 weeks exhibited improved nerve conduction velocity and exhibited thicker Myelin Sheaths and larger myelinated Nerve Fibers].
ALC retards the inevitable decline in the number of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) Receptors that occurs in tandem with the Aging Process.
ALC stimulates and maintains the growth of new Neurons within the Brain (both independently of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) and as a result of preserving NGF) and helps to prevent the death of existing Neurons [ALC inhibits Neuron death in the Striatal Cortex, Prefrontal Cortex and the Occipital Cortex of the Brain].
ALC inhibits the degeneration of Neurons that is implicit in Neuropathy.
ALC rejuvenates and increases the number of N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptors (NMDA Receptors) in the Brain [even a single dose of ALC increases the number of functional NMDA Receptors]:
ALC protects the NMDA Receptors in the Brain from the natural decline that occurs in tandem with the Aging Process [research - animals].
ALC is presently being researched as a treatment for Parkinson's Disease.
ALC inhibits the loss of Vision, degeneration of Neurons and damage to the Retina associated with Retinopathy (including Diabetic Retinopathy).
ALC improves the quality of Sleep and reduces the quantity of Sleep required.
ALC improves Spatial Memory (an aspect of Short Term Memory that involves remembering one?s position in space).
ALC inhibits the excessive release of Cortisol in response to Stress and inhibits the depletion of Luteinising Hormone Releasing Hormone (LHRH) and Testosterone that occurs as a result of excessive Stress.
ALC improves Verbal Fluency.
ALC enhances the function of Cytochrome Oxidase (also called Complex IV) - an essential enzyme of the Electron Transport System.
ALC normalizes Beta-Endorphin levels.
ALC reduces Stress-induced Cortisol release [research - animals].
ALC prevents the depletion of Luteinising Hormone Releasing Hormone (LHRH) caused by exposure to excessive Stress.
ALC retards the decline in the production of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) that occurs in tandem with the Aging Process.
ALC increases plasma Testosterone levels (via its influence on Acetylcholine neurotransmission in the Striatal Cortex of the Brain) and prevents the depletion of Testosterone caused by exposure to excessive Stress [research - rats].
ALC increases the body's levels of circulating Thyrotrophin.
ALC facilitates the production of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) [research - animals].
ALC "shuttles" Long Chain Fatty Acids between the Cytosol and the Mitochondria of Cells.
ALC facilitates both the release and synthesis of Acetylcholine.
ALC's ability to increase the synthesis of Acetylcholine occurs as a result of it donating its Acetyl group towards the production of Acetylcholine.
ALC increases the Brain's levels of Choline Acetylase (which in turn facilities the production of Acetylcholine).
ALC enhances the release of Dopamine from Dopaminergic Neurons and improves the binding of Dopamine to Dopamine Receptors.

References

De Falco, F. A., et al. Effect of the chronic treatment with L-acetylcarnitine in Down?s syndrome. Clin Ther. 144:123-127, 1994.

Bowman, B. Acetyl-carnitine and Alzheimer?s disease. Nutr Rev. 50:142-144, 1992.

Bruno, G., et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine in Alzheimer disease: a short-term study on CSF neurotransmitters and neuropeptides. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord (USA). 9(3):128-131, 1995.

Calvani, M., et al. Action of acetyl-L-carnitine in neurodegeneration and Alzheimer?s disease. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences (USA). 663:483-486, 1993.

Carta, A., et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine: a drug able to slow the progress of Alzheimer?s Disease? Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences (USA. 640:228-232, 1991.

Guarnaschelli, C., et al. Pathological brain ageing: evaluation of the efficacy of a pharmacological aid. Drugs under Experimental and Clinical Research. 14(11):715-718, 1988.

Passeri, M., et al. Acetyl-L-carnitine in the treatment of mildly demented elderly patients. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Research. 10(1-2):75-79, 1990.

Pettegrew, J. W., et al. Clinical and neurochemical effects of acetyl-L-carnitine in Alzheimer?s disease. Neurobiol Aging. 16:1-4, 1995.

Rai, G., et al. Double-blind, placebo controlled study of acetyl-L-carnitine in patients with Alzheimer?s dementia. Current Medical Research and Opinion. 11(10):638-647, 1989.

Sano, M., et al. Double-blind parallel design pilot study of acetyl levocarnitine in patients with Alzheimer?s disease. Arch Neurol. 49:1137-1141, 1992.

Sinforiani, E., et al. Neuropsychological changes in demented patients treated with acetyl-L-carnitine. International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology Research. 10(1-2):69-74, 1990.

Spagnoli, A. U., et al. Long-term acetyl-l-carnitine treatment in Alzheimer?s disease. Neurology. 41(11):1726-1732, 1991.