Any opinions on MAN Body Octane?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Any opinions on MAN Body Octane?

Any opinions on MAN Body Octane?

2. Overpriced just like everything by that company.
    •   

3. Overpriced but very effective. If you got money to blow...

4. Is there a good cheaper replacement you guys might recommend.

5. I'm currently finishing up a bottle of SAN OX and I am going to order MAN BodyOctane this week or next. I have seen positive reviews on other sites, so I'm fairly confident that it is a solid product.

On a side note, I think I remember reading that J-Rod (Joey Rodriguez, owner of MAN) used to develop products for SAN, so I think this guy is reputable.

I will let you know what I think of it after I start taking it, should be next week when I run out of OX, I have about 12 days worth left.

6. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    Overpriced just like everything by that company.
    T-Bone, I'm curious, how many products do they have?

I have only seen BodyOctane and Scorch, are there others?

7. I believe there are a few other products on the way. The only one I know the name of is Clout, which is a cutting supplement I think, but the ingredients have been released to my knowledge.

8. Quote Originally Posted by sirpsycho
    T-Bone, I'm curious, how many products do they have?

I have only seen BodyOctane and Scorch, are there others?
    Well They are suppose to have a new creatine product called clout. I just think the products they make are overpriced. Just get some bulk powders and make your own bodyoctane. Same thing goes for Scorch.

http://www.manb2p.com/index.html

9. I didn't realize clout was a creatine product, I thought i had read J-Rod saying something about it being for cutting. Perhaps he said he personally was going to use it while cutting or something? Anyway, they definately have quality products that are indeed a bit pricey but not as rediculous as some.

10. Anything with CM is going to be expensive. You'll still pay a lot going the bulk route, you'll just have more product to show for it.
    •   

11. There is a much cheaper alternative, that contains even more CM, it’s Endure from vitaplus.net own brand Prometabolix. It was initially priced at $40 but it was slow to take off for some reason. Then people realised the deal and he’s almost sold out. He’ll be making a new batch but may price it higher. It was $40 for 908lbs I think and for every 10g contained I think it was 4.8g CM + taurine and betaine. And no it’s not a rip off, it’s one of the few supps that’s actually worked for me. It’s been great for recovery. I still haven’t finished my tub and just ordered one of the last few.

The only downside is that the powder goes as hard as a rock, which is something Eddie is looking to improve in the next batch! Also, vitaplus have great prices and regular discounts on everything.

12. $40 for 908 lbs! Now that has to be a typo

13. yeah that's what I thought, and it's the reason why it took people a while to get onto it, cause they reckoned it was a scam i think. But yep, it's legit, though not sure how many he's got left at that price.

14. Its grams not pounds!. I just looked it up.

15. ummm yeah, it's grams alright, major typo on my part, but still damn cheap compared to BodyOctane...

ok gotta go

16. Its a much better deal though, you get double of what you get with Body Octane!. I knew MAN products were overpriced to begin with!

17. Quote Originally Posted by salv
    There is a much cheaper alternative, that contains even more CM, it’s Endure from vitaplus.net own brand Prometabolix. It was initially priced at $40 but it was slow to take off for some reason. Then people realised the deal and he’s almost sold out. He’ll be making a new batch but may price it higher. It was $40 for 908lbs I think and for every 10g contained I think it was 4.8g CM + taurine and betaine. And no it’s not a rip off, it’s one of the few supps that’s actually worked for me. It’s been great for recovery. I still haven’t finished my tub and just ordered one of the last few.

The only downside is that the powder goes as hard as a rock, which is something Eddie is looking to improve in the next batch! Also, vitaplus have great prices and regular discounts on everything.
    Hey man, I ordered a bottle of this as well. It costed me 47 total. The stuff gets really clumpy, you have to chisel it out but it was a great substitute for BodyOctane. I haven't really used it on a regular basis yet, but sampled it and it tastes really good.

18. I haven't used a chisel yet but do use metal measuring spoons and they have become bent! Dead on it tastes good to and it's masked some pretty horrible powders I've used like CEE and Arginine. $47 that would include shipping right? and didn't you use the discount code, as he's always got them going.

19. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone
    Overpriced just like everything by that company.

citrulline costs a ****load to source unfortunately

20. Quote Originally Posted by salv
    I haven't used a chisel yet but do use metal measuring spoons and they have become bent! Dead on it tastes good to and it's masked some pretty horrible powders I've used like CEE and Arginine. $47 that would include shipping right? and didn't you use the discount code, as he's always got them going.
    Yea i didnt use the discount code, I was kinda sceptical so I called him (eddie) over the phone. Really good guy. He said that the reason it was so cheap was that the manufacturer made a mistake putting the formula together and also that it was all clumped up and some people would be pissed by that. Doesn't bother me though

21. yep that's why it is so cheap. Even then, his next batch will still be cheaper AND there's always the discount code. He is a cool guy, I called him fom Sydney acouple of weeks ago and talked to him for quite a while.

22. BodyOctane is more than just CM, you know. I mean, that other product is cheaper because the only other ingredients are taurine and betaine which are both hella cheap. Bodyoctane is CM, carnitine-l-tartrate, beta alanine, and histidine. Beta alanine is probably teh cheapest ingredient in there and it is still way more expensive than eitehr taurine or betaine.

The two products have different goals I think. Sure, they share the commonality of CM but taurine and betaine will act as osmolytes, seems to be more about cell volume. Bodyoctane is about increases in nitric oxide through increasing carnosine (I think).

Just trying to add a little perspective.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-

23. Actually I got it wrong, it's got beta-alaninie,and it's also got histidine. The only ingredient different between the 2 is the carnitine-l-tartrate. Is this going to make a huge difference between the 2? I think not. And for the ingredients common to the both I believe Bodyoctane has less.

24. So this other product has citrulline malate, ALCAR, betaine, taurine, beta-alanine, and histidine? Maybe I should just go to the website? lol
    MOTIV8 II Challenge

25. No, it hasn't got ALCAR or betaine. ALCAR is the only one not common to both.

26. Okay:

Endure: $39.95 (limited edition)
    Servings per container approximately 90-100
    Amount per serving:
    4.8 grams of Citrulline Malate,
    2.1 grams of Beta Alanine,
    700mg of Histidine,
    1.4 grams of Taurine.

BodyOctane: $47.95 (bb.com)
    Container Size: 400 Grams
    Servings Per Container: 50

Amount Per Serving:
    Citrulline Malate 3,500mg
    L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 1,500mg
    Beta-Alanine 1,600mg
    Histidine 500mg

Hot damn, I might have to buy Endure. That's a great deal. Then just hop on over to Nutraplanet and buy a kilo of ALCAR at their sale price for like $40.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge

27. I told you so!!!!!!!!! But remember there is clumping, and don't forget the discount code which make it all cheaper!

28. Quote Originally Posted by salv
    I told you so!!!!!!!!! But remember there is clumping, and don't forget the discount code which make it all cheaper!
    Bitch!!! I will trout you I just got medieval on your ass.
    JK. Thanks for 0ointing this great deal out to us all
    MOTIV8 II Challenge

29. Now that's down right nasty . Anyways, here to learn and serve.

30. Once again, I told you all MAN products were extremely overpriced!.

Similar Forum Threads

1. MAN Body Octane/Orotine Review
    By trayhawk in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 02:40 PM
  2. any opinions on cmi big
    By BigNemo in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
  3. MAN Body Octane
    By Bwill in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 08:28 PM
  4. MAN Body Octane
    By BifWebster in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 06:22 PM
  5. Any opinions on flavors/quality at True Protein?
    By mtruther in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 01:14 PM