Can you put Usnic Acid in solution?

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Could I suspend/ put in solution UA? If so, what would I use, I dont want to cap it, could I use peg 400 or what? What is the MW of it?

Thanks

Grant

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Could I suspend/ put in solution UA? If so, what would I use, I dont want to cap it, could I use peg 400 or what? What is the MW of it?

Thanks

Grant
I don't know if you could or not but UA you want like 450mg/day. I doubt your going to be able to do this. But if you have the powder and PEG400 (which would be your best bet) try a small experiment Try to dissolve 50mg in a mL of PEG400.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Thanks

Grant
The molecular weight is 344.32 (C18H16O7) I'm fairly certain usnic acid is stable in solution, I'll let you know by friday night for certain.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
The molecular weight is 344.32 (C18H16O7) I'm fairly certain usnic acid is stable in solution, I'll let you know by friday night for certain.
Let us know bro I would think if it's not stable in atleast 50mg/mL then screw it. Im' not going to be chugging down 15mL a day of anything.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Let us know bro I would think if it's not stable in atleast 50mg/mL then screw it. Im' not going to be chugging down 15mL a day of anything.

No **** man. Yohimbine was bad enough, I couldn't imagine UA *shudders*

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'll let you know. I would think that it would be stable, but I'm going to ask my organic professor to be certain.

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah, its stable in either water or alcohol