how much tongkat ali to take.. looking for some advice..

rojodugu

Awards
Hi People of anabolic minds, im new at this comunity and i was just wondering if somebody could give me a hand here. recently i received as a gift a bottle of tongkat ali 140 gr 1:200 in powder form, the bottle was purchased at sumatra pasak bumi company, ( tongkatali.org)

before i received this bottle i have already being taken some tongkat ali which i purchased from a seller on ebay ( a 1:200 600 mg), with no major effects on my libido ( which is what im aiming for) i took that bottle for aprox 3 months until now, and yes i noticed some increment on my libido but only while having sex and better orgasms, but apart from that noticed no increase on my levels of libido or my desire to have intercourse.. i began with a dose of 600 mg the first few days, after that i increased it to 1.200 mg, until second month in which i decided to increase it to 1800 mg, my main cycle was 7 days on 4 days off, with no success on having really great libido states.... perhaps i didn´t take the sufficient amount, or the tongkat ali was fake. i don´t know, the thing is that i now have this new bottle of 140gr in powder and i wan´t to do things right...

I already began taking it 4 days ago with a dose of 1.800 mg daily, i think i want to have a cycle of 10days on 5 days off... can someone enlighten me if this is correct thing to do... and how to prepare this powder.. should i mix it with 1/4 of a glass of water and drink it right away..? should i boil the water with the tongkat in..??

Thanks i appreciate any advice or coment you guys can give me...

ps. i was going to put an image of the tongkat ali but it was not posible, because not enough amount of posts.

ahh123

ahh123

Awards
  • Established
Surprisingly doing google search and reading all kinds of forums for this question, even now after over 10 years still most have hard time finding a genuine producer of Tongkat Ali.

I even have few friends in Indonesia and Malaysia and they heard of it but not know to be used a lot for this purpose or to be popular even if they have brands of coffee with added tongkat ali.

I've tried few and most of them didn't do much or nothing with some doing something around day 5-10 then back to baseline.

I see potential in tongkat ali but only if you can find a reputable seller which is surprisingly hard to find.

So many new pre workout products every month but no competition for releasing tongkat ali only product.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
When I've used it, it was 200mg 20:1 twice a day. Not that potency ratios are too meaningful when comparing products from different companies, but I would venture the guess that a 1:200 ratio is yielding some pretty weak sauce in comparison to 20:1. Isn't a 1:1 ratio just pulverized herb? So... does that mean you're mostly eating filler?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
When I've used it, it was 200mg 20:1 twice a day. Not that potency ratios are too meaningful when comparing products from different companies, but I would venture the guess that a 1:200 ratio is yielding some pretty weak sauce in comparison to 20:1. Isn't a 1:1 ratio just pulverized herb? So... does that mean you're mostly eating filler?
1:200 , from what I've read, means that it takes 200grams of the herb to produce 1g of the active

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I think the way that's worded is a bit off. If 200g 1:200 produces 1g active, then by the same reasoning 1g 20:1 would produce 20g of active - impossible.
It may be more correct, from what my limited understanding can provide, to say that 1:200 contains 1/200th the amount of active as the plant and is therefore less potent than the plant; similarly 20:1 is extracted to a strength 20 times more potent than the plant.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just save your money and wait for the BLR Tongkat/Boron to come out. I am a long time user of tongkat and the only one that is worth a damn is the SD200 brand. That being said, several people have tested beta batch of BLRs tongkat and it is much more potent. Wherever they source it from is the real deal.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I think the way that's worded is a bit off. If 200g 1:200 produces 1g active, then by the same reasoning 1g 20:1 would produce 20g of active - impossible.
It may be more correct, from what my limited understanding can provide, to say that 1:200 contains 1/200th the amount of active as the plant and is therefore less potent than the plant; similarly 20:1 is extracted to a strength 20 times more potent than the plant.
Maybe, it's just the way I remember reading it from the sources. never seen anything like 20:1 or x:1 though only 1:x

yellowranger

Awards
By 1:200, they mean that 1 gram of the extract provides 200x the active ingredient compared to 1 gram of the raw plant. If it were the other way around, what they're saying is that their extract is 1/200 as effective as ingesting the plant raw.

The problem with Tongkat/Longjack extracts are that extracts are completely different between brands, and some may be standardizing for the wrong ingredients. The quality of the plants used seem to vary as well, making the extract less potent.

For the most part it comes down to experimentation with whatever you get, seeing as how each brand differs. The LJxxx and SD brandings seem to be the most well known effective extracts, but also tend to be much more expensive than others.

rojodugu

Awards
Just save your money and wait for the BLR Tongkat/Boron to come out. I am a long time user of tongkat and the only one that is worth a damn is the SD200 brand. That being said, several people have tested beta batch of BLRs tongkat and it is much more potent. Wherever they source it from is the real deal.

but i have heard that the sumatra pasak bumi its a pretty much reliable company... i think that i´ve read somewhere that the sd-200 company purchase from them... am im wrong assuming SPB is a reliable company..? , anyway their prices are expensive the 140gr 1:200 bottle that im consuming costs directly purchasing it from them $454 USD.. So i vaguely assume that due to price it must be an excelent tongkat ali product... otherwise it would be a ripoff due to the price... i think the sd-200 price is way more cheaper.. i think