Awards
  • Established
X-Factor Trial

Height: 5’9�

Weight: 175

R. Bicep: 15�

R. Thigh: 25-1/2�

Bodytype: Ecto-Endo

Prohormone/Steroid use: At age 18 used Trenabol-X then lost all muscle gains on a spiritual quest.

Training experience (summary): 5 years myself and 1 year training others.

Estimated total daily calorie intake: 3000-4000

Estimated total daily protein intake: 250

Big 3 lifts for 3 reps: (PR’s)360 DL / 350 SQ / 235 BP

Dosage and Time Span:2-2-1 capsules everyday for 50 days.

Supplements: PrimaforceCreaform, Substance WPI; ON 100% Natural Whey; NOW Foods Rhodiola rosea, liver tabs, opti-l-zinc, glycerine; BN L-taurine, betaine, L-tyrosine, glucuronolactone, caffeine, choline citrate; Nature’s Science b-complex; Lily of the Desert aloe vera.

Notes: All of the supplements I’m taking I’ve been on for at least a month. I know how they feel and will easily be able to perceive any changes in performance or body composition that may be caused by the X-Factor. I have cut out high dose monounsaturated fats as well as fish oil as they can interefere with X-Factor. No antiinflammatorys will be used during test because they too can interefere. I will update this log every week.

Workout: My workouts vary day to day but the usual schedule is day1 upper body, day2 off, day3 lower body, day4 off and repeat.

2/14/05

Started first dose of X-Factor today.

size

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck. Bill Llewellyn believes strongly in this product(unique idea in my opinion in a good sense). I hope it works well for you and everybody else.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Is this the product by legal gear, contains arachidonic acid? I am gonna go check it out.

BTW, if you dont mind me asking, what exactly was your "spiritual quest"?

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Ah, I was thinking of Product X by Legal Gear, I would like to see some reviews on that too, havent really seen any though.

harleyc

Awards
Hey bro,
Im on my 3rd bottle of X-Factor. And still nothing. I take 6 to 8 caps a day. where did you see that you should not take fish oil with it?? That might be whats wrong. I take it with fish oil, Flax oil, and CLA. Let me know were to find that info on fish oil please!! Thank you, Harleyc

size

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro,
Im on my 3rd bottle of X-Factor. And still nothing. I take 6 to 8 caps a day. where did you see that you should not take fish oil with it?? That might be whats wrong. I take it with fish oil, Flax oil, and CLA.
You should email or contact Bill Llewellyn for full information. Put simply, X-Factor is pro-inflammatory and Omega 3's are anti-inflammatory, therefore using the two together is limiting X-factor's potential.

Last edited:
Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro,
Im on my 3rd bottle of X-Factor. And still nothing. I take 6 to 8 caps a day. where did you see that you should not take fish oil with it?? That might be whats wrong. I take it with fish oil, Flax oil, and CLA. Let me know were to find that info on fish oil please!! Thank you, Harleyc
Yes, taking any kind of oil (fish, flax, olive, etc) or medicine (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc) that will reduce inflammation will counter act the X-Factor.

sirpsycho

sirpsycho

Awards
Hey bro,
I know that many on this board don't like bodybuilding.com (for many good reasons) but that is where Bill L. spends alot of time answering questions. There are a few threads there on this and he will answer PM's, it may take a day or two for him to get back to you. According to him, to get the most out of this product, don't take CLA, Flax, Olive Oil or Fish oils.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
X-Factor is pro-inflammatory.
This sems like such a bizarre supp to me b/c everything else--creatine, glutamine (arguably), BCAAs, whey, etc--all help with recovery. This stuff actually increases inflammation. What a weird concept.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro,
I read this in a bb.com thread about XFactor. I believe Bill L. himself says not to take it with flax, etc in the thread. I believe it was someone named ghostface killer (not to be confused w/Wu-member extraordinaire) who ran the log.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Well, X-factor is more than just pro inflammatory. It is a complicated process but is based around the fact the arachidonic acid (AA) is the precursor to eicosanoids. Eicosanoids are very powerful hormones. AA also increases AR density so it would be useful to take when on a cycle. I am very excited about this trial.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
And yeah, I hate the BB.com forums too. It's too bad so many good minds hang out there because the majority of members are complete ass holes. Everything is so cliquey over there and it causes much misinformation. If only people like patrick arnold, llewellyn, and some of teh Avant guys would hang here more often. Doesn't matter though, we got some smart motha fuckas in this house.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
Well, X-factor is more than just pro inflammatory. It is a complicated process but is based around the fact the arachidonic acid (AA) is the precursor to eicosanoids. Eicosanoids are very powerful hormones. AA also increases AR density so it would be useful to take when on a cycle. I am very excited about this trial.
actuly X-factor is aimed for raising prostaglandins, spificly PGF-2a, and PGE-1, not eicosanoids. although eicosanoids are raised from AA.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
actuly X-factor is aimed for raising prostaglandins, spificly PGF-2a, and PGE-1, not eicosanoids. although eicosanoids are raised from AA.
Umm yeah :icon_lol:

Isn't that what I meant?

harleyc

Awards
Hey guys,
Thank you so much for the info. It helps alot. Im going to stop all my oils for now. I'll let you know how it works. Thanks again, Harleyc

animalfan

Board Supporter
Awards
hey, i'm doing the trial too. i started on 2/14. so far i've noticed quite a bit of the soreness, almost feels like i'm catching a cold. i've also been getting better pumps from my upper body and calf workouts, not so much in the quads or hams though.

i spend quite a bit of time on this forum, the threads are so much better to read than bb.com's, it's easier to pick up information without all of the flames... thanks! chris

harleyc

Awards
Ya bro,
Im sore all the time. Espically my biceps.
I don't know if it is from this product or not but I'm up 7lbs from last week.
Its been a week since I stopped taking the wrong stuff. Anti inflamatory's!!
I wait till next week to find out. Good luck with the X-Factor bro, Harleyc

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
***UPDATE***
2/21/05

Well, I’m going to refrain from acting too excited. I have noticed what could be a slight increase in soreness OR just extra soreness from having hella good workouts. In some cases though, I get sore within hours after my workout which is something I never used to get. Maybe I’m just being extra aware of soreness though because of the nature of AA. My muscles seem to feel more solid, but that’s probably because I’m super hydrated and have been carrying these permanent mini-pumps all day. Just to be on the safe side, I’m going to assume that no changes have taken place yet as a result of using AA.

I’ve also changed my diet. I’ve stopped drinking all milk and started eating raw eggs. Call it a hunch. My protein intake will stay the same (getting more from beef and chicken).

NoSwtTea4U

Board Supporter
Awards
Not to take away from your log, but what is so new to X-Factor. Is this not just like Adonis X from Syntrax? Why is there so much talk about a product that has already been brought to the market?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Because now that PH's are gone, Molecular Nutrition (the patent holders for AA supplementation) are really trying to spread the word. Llewellyn stands by X-Factor 100% and doesn't understand why more people haven't tried it since it supposedly gives great results.

BTW, Adonis-X is a copy of X-Factor.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
**UPDATE***
2/22/05

When I take X-factor pre-workout I get insane pumps. I mean, brutal. I’ve also been getting very intense pumps when I go running; they become downright painful in my upper thighs and lower back.

Okay, I guess that was more of a mini-update.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Uh, it says in my first post: 2+2+1

w_llewellyn

Awards
And yeah, I hate the BB.com forums too. It's too bad so many good minds hang out there because the majority of members are complete ass holes. Everything is so cliquey over there and it causes much misinformation. If only people like patrick arnold, llewellyn, and some of teh Avant guys would hang here more often. Doesn't matter though, we got some smart motha fuckas in this house.
I stop in here from time to time, and agree - good forum here guys. Wish I had the time to hang out on the boards more in general, as I'd definitely be a regular here if I could. I love to answer questions about my work..

I'll try to keep checking this thread though, since I know you guys are talking aboiut it. If any of you have specific questions - please fire away.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
***UPDATE***

2/27/05
My muscles feel fuller, thicker. I don’t think I’ve gotten stronger beyond what is normal but I definitely have extra intensity when working out. Soreness is still up from what I'm used to getting. For now I can say that I definitely am noticing that I'm "on" something. Since this is still only the closing of the second week of usage I suspect that the real effects will begin to show themselves in the coming days of week 3. I’ll give an update of weight and measurements at the end of week 3. Until then, here is a sample of my workout routines and diet.

Upper body:
4xfailure Lean-In Dips
2xfailure Wide Grip Pullups
2xfailure Neutral Grip Pullups
3x8-10 Barbell Row/Machine Row/1 arm row
3x6-10 Clean and press
2xfailure Cleans
2x6-10 dumbbell bench press
2x6-10 Incline Dumbbell curl
1x10 angled barbell curl
1x10 Triceps pressdown/overhead press

Lower Body:
7x3-15 Barbell Squats
3x3-10 Deadlifts
2x10-12 Travelling lunges w/dumbbells
1x10 1-leg Calf raise w/dumbbell
3x15 1-leg elevated calf raise alternating/no rest
(sometimes I’ll use a leg curl machine, squat press machine, or angled calf raise machine in this workout)

Sample Diet:

Meal 1—
1 scoop whey protein
2 raw eggs
2 T natural fruit jam
1 banana
1/4 C blueberries

Meal 2—
Chicken Breast
Large salad w/field greens and mushrooms, vinaigrette

Meal 3—
2 slices Sprouted grain bread
Cooked ground beef in tomato sauce

Meal 4—
1 Apple
1 scoop WPI
Almonds and Pumpkin seeds, raw

Meal 5—
1 scoop whey protein
2 raw eggs
2 T natural peanut butter
1 heaping teaspoon cacao

Meal 6—
2 slices Sprouted grain bread
Cooked ground beef in tomato sauce
Large salad w/field greens and mushrooms, vinaigrette

Add to this food the occasional grazing on other fruits, veggies, and nuts as well as the occasional 80% cacao chocolate bar. Also keep in mind that the beef I use is NOT lean.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Have you had any noticeable gains to this point?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I don't want to jump the gun so I'm not going to speak of any "gains" till week three.

Just a little update, I have begun supplementing with organic blachstrap molasses and organic, raw apple cider vinegar. Natural food supplements are the bee's knees.:blink:

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Adonis X isn't a knock-off, the ads for it stated that Molecular and Syntrax worked together on it.. ;)

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I don't know anything about that but I do know that they're the exact same thing and X-Factor is cheaper at BB.com.

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
Here is a link which explains the basics of prostaglandins

http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/555prostagland.html

I am thinking that this product might not be that great for you to take long term. Just thinking quickly of the problems that arise from inflammation-high cholesterol, pain, auto-immune disease, senile dementia/alzheimers

Anyone's thoughts on this?

BTW nice to see you again, Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Good to see you AcuDoc :)

Now I'm not the one who created the product but I've been thinking that there is more to archidonic acid and its benefits to muscle growth than just additional inflammation. I personally am no longer feeling the extreme soreness after workouts that I was at first and have not noticed any additional inflammation...yet strength is definitely going up (something I'll get more into when I update on Sunday). AA is still quite misunderstood and the field of study relating to prostaglandins and eicosanoids I think is still quite new. Right now, I am seeing AA as a kind of anabolic hormonal switch for those little known hormones. It can also increase androgen receptor density which is kind of like an increase in testosterone without the actualy increase...uh :think:

But when you think about it, AA supplementation follows a crude sor of logic to me. I mean, when you think of a huge, musuclar brute what do you see him eating? I see mounds of beef. And it is in the fat of red meat that AA is most abundant. Heh, it's that kind of intuition (if it can be called that) that I go off. If you look at the diets of Native Americans and other indigenous peoples, you will commonly find that when they hunted for meat, it was the fattiest meat that was most prized. Sure, fat is more calorie dense but I have no doubt that there is more to it than that.

Oh, and I definitely agree with you about long term supplementation being very likely detrimental. But I think this may only apply to the high doses I'm taking. I've proposed the idea to Llewellyn that X-Factor taken at just one capsule a day (200mg AA) could function as an EFA supplement like fish and flax oils do now.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
***UPDATE***

3/05/05
Lost a capsule; it fell into the nether regions behind the cupboard.

3/07/05
Holy ****! My morning weight is now up to 182. Jesus, I haven’t weighed this much since I was a fat ass in middle school. And the amazing thing is I’ve actually tightened up just a bit. That means I’m up 7 pounds in three weeks with no visible fat gains! I want you to know that even when I was using PH’s and eating way more calories than I am now, I still didn’t reach a weight of over 180lbs.

I’ve also been tearing up the weights. Let me tell you! Sometimes I sneak into the local community college gym for a workout. I used every single plate in the place on the squat press for several sets of 7 reps (over 500 pounds is all I know). I used their heaviest dumbbells (80 lbs) for some easy chest press sets. I know I could’ve handled 100lb dumbbells if they were available.

Most impressive though is what my squat has done. My ten rep squat has shot from 255 to 285. The other day I did a 5 rep set of squats with 305lbs with solid form. I have never gone above 300lbs for even one rep. So, now I’m setting some ambitious goals. I hope to hit double my bodyweight for a 5 reps squat and do 300lbs for 10 reps before this X-Factor trial is over.

The interesting thing is that my bicep and thigh measurements haven’t increased but I swear I look bigger. My muscles are definitely harder. I really feel that X-Factor is working the way it should. A strange thing is that I no longer feel the extreme soreness that I did for the first two weeks. I don’t get any extra joint pain or muscle pain, just the usual amounts.
Also take note that I will be making an effort to eat much cleaner and will be reducing calories a bit as I am going to start testing Blaze. I’ll still be eating above maintenance but below what I have been by at least 500 calories.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
It blows my mind that for as long as this product has been out, nobody seemed to believe in it, I don't really know of anyone who has even tried it. Your log has me sold for a test run. Time for other supplement companies to try to jump on the bandwagon and get the price down.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Aeternitatis, just cause I don't feel like doing math, how many bottles do you plan on going through. Did you get yours under $35 per bottle?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I got my bottles for free. :D

Here's the math: 3 bottles at 5 caps per day for 50 days (plus some). Keep in mind that while using this you need to stop supplementing with flax or fish oil and you also MUST avoid any antiinflammatory medicines. These are considered the reasons why it may not have worked for some people in the past. All the guide lines are here in this log in case you need to double check.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Time for other supplement companies to try to jump on the bandwagon and get the price down.
I don't think this will happen since Llewellyn now holds the patent to sell AA as a muscle builder. But you may someday find it sold for less as a non-descript supplement. However, I think it will take some time for this to catch on because it just isn't as flashy as the other supps. You know, it isn't some huge proprietary blend of super new di-ester-malate-heavymetal-ethyl-ethers or whatever. X-Factor is just one active ingredient.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
You know, it isn't some huge proprietary blend of super new di-ester-malate-heavymetal-ethyl-ethers or whatever.
Damn there goes my idea in the lab. Back to the drawing board. Who told you about my super new di-ester-malate-heavymetal-ethyl-ethers? BAH :icon_lol:

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Sorry man. But you were on the right track you know.

The Heavy Metal ethly ether really creates market appeal within the younger generation and hardcore group.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
If you arent supposed to take flax or fish oil with this supplement, then how are you supposed to get your EFA's? I was thinking about taking this, but with Bobo's diet EFA's are my only source of fat. Any suggestions?

size

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking that this product might not be that great for you to take long term. Just thinking quickly of the problems that arise from inflammation-high cholesterol, pain, auto-immune disease, senile dementia/alzheimers
I tend to think health issues could be a concern. However, Bill(MolecularNut) has addressed the cholesterol issue with some research on AA usage. I do not think this is a substance to be used long term but rather in short intervals. Hopefully, this would limit any negative impacts.

Thus far, feedback seems positive. Bill really believes in this product despite his critics and I admire that.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
If you arent supposed to take flax or fish oil with this supplement, then how are you supposed to get your EFA's? I was thinking about taking this, but with Bobo's diet EFA's are my only source of fat. Any suggestions?
You have to limit them significantly. Obviously, taking AA with your current diet probably wouldn't work out very well. I have stopped supplementing with fish oil entirely and just rely on fatty foods (it's worked for me in the past). Yes, I consume a lot of saturated fat but I honestly don't think it's that bad and it hasn't caused me any problems thus far. Really, I'm not worried about not getting EFA's just because I don't supplement them. To break it down, there is to be no supplementing with EFA's/oils (flax, fish, hemp, sesamin, etc), limit intake of olive oil, take nothing with antiinflammatory properties.

With all that, supplementing with AA may not be the best thing for overall health but it's definitely a step up from steroids.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
So what is your overall opinion of X-Factor, is it worth the price?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Well, 3 bottles will last 54 days at 5 caps per day. I have been on for 21 days now; not even half way through. So, taking that into consideration, I'm definitely leaning towards yes. I think this will be one product that is definitely worth the money.

**mini update**
Okay, this is just something I forgot to mention. I am noticing more acne. I'm getting little pimples on my upper arms where I never got them before and I'm getting more on my face. Maybe this is being caused by X-Factor increasing AR density.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Quick Q - any plans on getting bloodwork done?

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
**mini update**
Okay, this is just something I forgot to mention. I am noticing more acne. I'm getting little pimples on my upper arms where I never got them before and I'm getting more on my face. Maybe this is being caused by X-Factor increasing AR density.
Very interesting, if this is true, maybe it would be good to take before a cycle and bigger gains would be made on slightly lower doses. I think I will go for bigger gains with the same high dose though:drunk: