Are casein proteins worth taking?

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
Is having a casein protein before going to sleep at night effective?? Been curios about trying it for a while but haven't tried it yet

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Is having a casein protein before going to sleep at night effective?? Been curios about trying it for a while but haven't tried it yet
Yes, if you need the extra protein but no if you dont.

Whoever made up the fact the body goes catabolic overnight is a tool

shaun1988

shaun1988

Awards
It's just some mornings I wake and look in the mirror and feel like I've lost size over night. Don't no if it's lack of water intake or protein intake

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If highly highly doubt your losing anything over night and that it's all in your mind. Lots of people fast for longer than a single night and don't just "shrink".

To the original question I do like casein (particularly as part of a blend) but it isn't some magic protein source that is required prior to bed.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If highly highly doubt your losing anything over night and that it's all in your mind. Lots of people fast for longer than a single night and don't just "shrink". To the original question I do like casein (particularly as part of a blend) but it isn't some magic protein source that is required prior to bed.
... Blend > Casein. :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It's just some mornings I wake and look in the mirror and feel like I've lost size over night. Don't no if it's lack of water intake or protein intake
Feeling flat isnt a result of muscle wasting; i look my best at the end of a day and my 'worst' at the beginning but that changes once I eat.

If you want a protein before bed, go with Select or Oxyelite;they arnt magic but taste really good

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If highly highly doubt your losing anything over night and that it's all in your mind. Lots of people fast for longer than a single night and don't just "shrink".

To the original question I do like casein (particularly as part of a blend) but it isn't some magic protein source that is required prior to bed.
Agreed...the blend is where the party is at. Whey is good, casein is good...the combination is best. SelectProtein.com

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Really comes down to you. At the end of the day your results aren't going to be any different casein pre-bed, in a blend, or not. (Assuming your diets + training is on point, and getting adequate rest)

I myself tho, do enjoy drinking casein (or a blend) pre-bed because that was one of the "principles" I was taught when I started training, and I'm a routine kind of guy lol. I also think they taste better (idk if there's an actual reason behind that or not)

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've just been using Protean at night but it's a few hours before bed.....greek yogurt is another good option, but i use strictly whey whenever I can