Phenylpropanolamine (norephedrine) vs. Ephedrine

RickyBDragon

RickyBDragon

Banned
Awards
I was just trying to do a little research on the benefits, if any, of using Phenylpropanolamine over Ephedrine in my upcoming ECY or NCY stack. I used the norephedrine containing products such as adipokinetix in the late 90's and early 2000's and had great results and have used numerous ECA containing products during that time and have used ephedrine and caffeine stacks numerous times since the dietary supplements were pulled off of the market.

So basically I am wondering if there is any reason to use norephedrine or ephedrine over one or the other, than the fact that ephedrine can be picked up much easier at any pharmacy and picking up some phenylpropanolamine isn't going to be as easy?

Any input is appreciated!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always felt that ephedrine was more of a stimulant, while norephedrine was a little less harsh but much better at appetite suppression. This is the reason it was used in adipokinetix. Coop would know more about the chemical structure though...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I always felt that ephedrine was more of a stimulant, while norephedrine was a little less harsh but much better at appetite suppression. This is the reason it was used in adipokinetix. Coop would know more about the chemical structure though...
Yeah I'd expect appetite suppression to be stronger with norephedrine.

RickyBDragon

RickyBDragon

Banned
Awards
Thank you for the input guys, I think I should stick to ephedrine as my goal is to lose a little bit of fat not gain energy.

If I can grab some norephedrine at a reasonable price I might use it some time this upcoming summer for some nostalgia.

mike0589

mike0589

Awards
Phenylpropanolamine seemed like it was in my system longer, but gave me an odd, strung out feeling.

I personally would stick to Ephedrine.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always thought PPA was less stimulatory, but I could he wrong. If I don't have Yohimbe in my system, I don't tin stimulants effect me to badly. Yohimbine makes everything harsh. The irony is that Adipo had Yohimbe and PPA and I remember it being fine.

I was randomly taking 50 mg of ephedrine a couple months ago and it didn't seem tobhave a string stimulatory effect.

I have a couple bottles of Adipo kicking around...7 or more years out of code ....but I may try it to refresh my memory.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Years ago, I used to buy a supplement that had Ephedrine HCL stacked with PPA.
it controlled hunger, aided in weight loss and felt good when using the 2 together.

Man, do i miss those days, I could also buy a 1000 ephedrine HCL tabs for $20 (back in 1990) :(

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There have been multiple studies showing the effectiveness of Ephredine HCL (and the ECA Stack)
They were shown to be more effective @ fat loss then any prescription diet pill available at the time.
Ephedrine works as a beta agonist and stimulates production of norepinephrine, as well as circulating
it through adipose tissue by way of increasing cAMP levels. It targets certain fat cells and also raises
the metabolic rate in addition to be a mild appetite suppressant as well.

PPA used to be available in the over the counter product called Dexatrim and was a very effective
appetite suppressant, but didn't work the same way for actual fat lost directly the way ephedrine works.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I may be a bother would you care to expand as to why you definitively recommend ephedrine over norephedrine?
Sorry for the late response, but it is superior for fat loss, so it makes more sense to use it instead of combining NE and caffeine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OTC Drug 11
OTC Drug 0
eddie85 Supplements 4
Supplements 0
Supplements 20