OK guys and girls...MY SIS NEEDS HELP

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
kind of unusual thread....but if i had the answers i would not bother any of u's
my sis is getting married in may....so in 3 + months she needs to loose some pounds
shes 5'5 or '6 shes 143 pounds size 8-10 shes not fat , but she need s to tone up
i would like some help in choosing supps for her , food cal intake, intensity, and best routine
for a girl trying to lose about 15 pounds in 3 + months.
Keeping in mind that because of some stomach problems she cant take too many pills....
they get stuck half way down somehow and they either come up or they stay there undigested
i tried to give her LIPO-6 and after a intense 1 hour work out she threw up water and the pill i gave her.
I dont kno mayb something transdermal? ...and she cant drink too much water
as u can c this is a little difficult.....now some people here gave me great advise in the past
any help from guys will be greatly apprecitated.....feel free to PM me with routines that worked for
u in the past and ladies on this board please put ur to cents in
Thanx in advance i will keep u posted

Oups, i just noticed that pms are not workin....u can e mail any routines to me at [email protected]

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
3+ months sounds enough to make a big dent in that 15lb goal without resorting to supps, start with a reall clean diet, lots of cardio. If you want a supp and she has trouble stomaching pills how about green tea?

Best of luck.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
I think the Anarchy Stack w/Sesathin would work well for her. Just get all the ingredients in powder form.

ALCAR: 2-4 grams spread throughout the day mixed with drinks
Green Tea: 2-4 grams spread throughout the day mixed with drinks
Sesathin: have her put 1.25mL in every meal

If she can handle some pills, maybe lean extreme or glucophase would help her also. I like this stack alot, and I've had none of the negative sides I get with clen or ECA.

knuckles

Awards
My wife was in the same boat. She is almost 5'9 and she went from 170 to 145 and looked amazing. This was last July and then put on about 15 lbs again. She started dieting again in January and she lost the 15 lbs in 5 weeks and she is shooting for 140. She used Sesathin, fish oil, HEAT, old FL7 and lipoderm Y. She'll be ready for a string bikini in Mexico by April.:D

knuckles

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
My wife was in the same boat. She is almost 5'9 and she went from 170 to 145 and looked amazing. This was last July and then put on about 15 lbs again. She started dieting again in January and she lost the 15 lbs in 5 weeks and she is shooting for 140. She used Sesathin, fish oil, HEAT, old FL7 and lipoderm Y. She'll be ready for a string bikini in Mexico by April.:D

knuckles

Where in Mexico are you going? I'll be there the first week in April :drunk:

fairplay101

Awards
Hard work and diet 90%, supplements 10% will be the ratio of her achieving that goal! OTC Fat loss supplements are a small aid if that.

knuckles

Awards
Hard work and diet 90%, supplements 10% will be the ratio of her achieving that goal! OTC Fat loss supplements are a small aid if that.
I agree with the 90%-10% however I disagree with the OTC being a small aid. I believe they can play a major role if your diet and exercise are in check. Something simple as cafeine and synephrine can knock out appetite and that is OTC. There is a lot of junk out there but there is also alot of good stuff too.

knuckles

fairplay101

Awards
Synephrine has never been proven to have the same effects as ephedrine....That's why it's still legal OTC. Yeah there are some good companies out there that are trying to offer fat burners etc but they have to within the realms of the legal ingredients they can use. And I agree some can help with the '10%'....But compare those to the like of a decent ECA stack and Clenbuterol and they shrink in comparison. And even with those drugs fat burning is still largely down to cardio, diet, focus, blood, sweat and tears.....Otherwise let's face it, everybody would look like the cover Men's Health!

knuckles

Awards
Synephrine has never been proven to have the same effects as ephedrine....That's why it's still legal OTC. Yeah there are some good companies out there that are trying to offer fat burners etc but they have to within the realms of the legal ingredients they can use. And I agree some can help with the '10%'....But compare those to the like of a decent ECA stack and Clenbuterol and they shrink in comparison. And even with those drugs fat burning is still largely down to cardio, diet, focus, blood, sweat and tears.....Otherwise let's face it, everybody would look like the cover Men's Health!
Synephrine is still legal today because it effective (treating congestion) and not proven as a risk to consumers. Ephedra(ephedrine HCL can still be purchased) was put on witch trial because of the (direct or indirect, who knows) association with deaths. Clen is a different ball game. Nicotine is OTC and that works great for appetite suppression. I agree with you completely diet, exercise, and oh genetics make up 90% and supplements make up 10%. I was just saying that one can get some effective OTC for weight loss aid.

knuckles

blank!

Banned
Awards
Synephrine is still legal today because it effective (treating congestion) and not proven as a risk to consumers. Ephedra(ephedrine HCL can still be purchased) was put on witch trial because of the (direct or indirect, who knows) association with deaths. Clen is a different ball game. Nicotine is OTC and that works great for appetite suppression. I agree with you completely diet, exercise, and oh genetics make up 90% and supplements make up 10%. I was just saying that one can get some effective OTC for weight loss aid.

knuckles
there are studies that show synephrine causes health problems, so the "no risk to consumers" part is inaccurate. i used to take the stuff alot before i developed a severe reaction to it. something being legal doesnt make it safe. shouldnt be long before lawmakers get ahold of it and ban it, and i wont blame them.

fairplay101

Awards
No don't get me wrong mate, I agree with you as well, and OTC can help in some ways....A lot of people just rely on them too readily as a 'magic' pill! I believe I'm right though in that the Ephedrine HCL you can get in OTC meds like Sudafed act completely differently in terms of metabolism and fat burning....You need much, much more for the same effect. You're right, Clen is a different ball game, as would be DNT....Which I think you'd have to be mad to mess with!!

knuckles

Awards
there are studies that show synephrine causes health problems, so the "no risk to consumers" part is inaccurate. i used to take the stuff alot before i developed a severe reaction to it. something being legal doesnt make it safe. shouldnt be long before lawmakers get ahold of it and ban it, and i wont blame them.
Absolutely! I should have phrased it differently. It does pose a risk, as do all medications. Look at tylenol, aspirin, and cough medicine to name a few of the OTCs. Everything has side effects and IS lethal at the right dose.

knuckles

fairplay101

Awards
Blank that comment does make me laugh though! You're posting it in the Prohormone section of an Anabolic Forum where you personally have advocated the use of Nolva and Clomid as PCT to AAS/PH cycles!!! :think: lol

blank!

Banned
Awards
Absolutely! I should have phrased it differently. It does pose a risk, as do all medications. Look at tylenol, aspirin, and cough medicine to name a few of the OTCs. Everything has side effects and IS lethal at the right dose.

knuckles
man, come on. don't patronize me.

this study shows BP increase:
http://www.getbig.com/articles/ephed1.htm

this article quotes a documented example of MI from synephrine:
http://www.philkaplan.com/thefitnesstruth/synephrine.htm

this one is really technical but makes the same case:
http://ajpheart.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/275/3/H760

i dont want to spend all day on this....only thing i saw that asserts that synephrine is safe is ads and articles on sites trying to sell it. and like i said before - it took me quite a while to develop a reaction, like 4 months with proper cycling (not more than 2 weeks without a break) and synephrine and caffeine were the only real ingredients. once i stopped taking it - back to normal.

fairplay101

Awards
Get a grip Blank....I wasn't patronising you! It was a joke!! You state that the law men should ban synephrine because you had a reaction to it, yet you advise the use of Nolva and Clomid for PCT! I just thought it a little ironic mate!!

blank!

Banned
Awards
Blank that comment does make me laugh though! You're posting it in the Prohormone section of an Anabolic Forum where you personally have advocated the use of Nolva and Clomid as PCT to AAS/PH cycles!!! :think: lol
apparently you are easily amused...

i never claimed that SERM's don't have sides - they do. but they are also the best option available and have never been found to affect cardiovascular health, even at much higher doses than most of us use.

as for my own partaking of potentially dangerous hormonal substances - there is certainly risk, but through avid research and scrutiny it can reduced significantly. i didnt say - "DONT USE SYNEPHRINE!!!!" i merely pointed out the potential risks when another person claimed there was none, and indicated that my personal experience echoes it.

thank you, come again.

blank!

Banned
Awards
Get a grip Blank....I wasn't patronising you! It was a joke!! You state that the law men should ban synephrine because you had a reaction to it, yet you advise the use of Nolva and Clomid for PCT! I just thought it a little ironic mate!!
my "patronizing" comment wasn't directed at you. see whose post was quoted.

polish_oak - sorry for the thread hijack.

fairplay101

Awards
I am easily amused by how this has affected you yes!

I am also amused how in one breath it's okay for you to state the 'law men' should ban the use of Synephrine because of cardio-vascular side effects....Your comment in black and white....Nothing to do with just pointing out potential risks, indeed your answer can be summarised as: 'I don't like it, hope they ban it!'

And then in other threads you can point out that even though the use of SERMS has been linked to liver damage, eye damage and other potential life threatening complications it's okay to use them for PCT!

If you see no irony in that, then there's no hope!!

fairplay101

Awards
Blank I apologise for the previous post telling you to get a grip!! ;) You're right, your comments weren't aimed at me then. However, you have got to see where I'm coming from and I do stand by them....I'm not having a go mate, I agree with you in many ways....We can all be a little ironic in here now and again!

Also apologies for the thread hijack!

knuckles

Awards
my "patronizing" comment wasn't directed at you. see whose post was quoted.

polish_oak - sorry for the thread hijack.
There was no patronizing. I think you are overreacting. In fact, I stated "I should have phrased it differently." I wasn't attacking you or making light of your reaction. Synephrine is used daily with and without adverse reactions.

knuckles

blank!

Banned
Awards
There was no patronizing. I think you are overreacting. In fact, I stated "I should have phrased it differently." I wasn't attacking you or making light of your reaction. Synephrine is used daily with and without adverse reactions.

knuckles
you: "Synephrine is still legal today because it effective (treating congestion) and not proven as a risk to consumers."

that is distinctly misinformative - i merely corrected it. i wasn't aware of any overreacting on my part - i'm just stating facts and quoting studies, hoping that anyone considering the product might glean some info from the studies for their decision to use or not use the product.

fairplay - you can "have a go", "take the piss", or "have a laugh" or any of the other descriptive phrases that americans don't use :) just as long as you ain't "makin' fun ah me"

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Ok children, quit with the antics and don't ruin Polish Oak's thread :rant:

Stop acting like a bunch of bickering school kids. This is the second or thrid time I've heard complaints regarding blank!, one more time and you are banned. You seem to have all the answers set in stone and point them out in an inflammatory way, then accuse everyone else of having "the problem", because after all... you're just point out facts. Chances are if multiple people are having issues with your posting style, maybe the root of the problem is not them, but however you! :think: Novel idea, huh? Disseminating information can be done in a non-inflammatory way, I suggest you learn it

knuckles

Awards
Sorry for the hijack Polish. I was just saying what worked for my wife and that they can be had OTC. Everyone reacts differently to what they take, so take that into consideration. How old is your sister? Does she work out already? Have you helped her with diet and such?

knuckles

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
WOW!!!!.....i think i started a land slide between BLANK & FAIRPLAY....guys no need to get testy really........i really appreciate ur comments both of u , this is more info then i bargained for and its great....and dont worry about the hijack>>> bacause of it i got to hear the good and the bad of it ....lol

Thanx to all for ur comments i will have to set up an intense workout for her i guess to burn off that 15 lb....by the way shes 29 shes never done weights only cardio
suggestions on intensity and equip to use for her are welcome and guys .....REALLY dont get each other banned on behalf of a thread that i started.....i wont be able to forgive myself cuz those are deff not the intentions i had in mind

Cant we All Get Along =-()

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
Ok children, quit with the antics and don't ruin Polish Oak's thread :rant:

Stop acting like a bunch of bickering school kids. This is the second or thrid time I've heard complaints regarding blank!, one more time and you are banned. You seem to have all the answers set in stone and point them out in an inflammatory way, then accuse everyone else of having "the problem", because after all... you're just point out facts. Chances are if multiple people are having issues with your posting style, maybe the root of the problem is not them, but however you! :think: Novel idea, huh? Disseminating information can be done in a non-inflammatory way, I suggest you learn it
Thanx man for jumping in and stopping this b 4 it got out of control, but go easy on the 2 of them
i asked for opinions and i got some .....(with prior experience)....this site is great, it has personally helped me a lot and im sure it has done that for most of the people here.
And the thread wasnt ruined quite informative in fact...and a bit funny.....so i guess im off on a quest to helping her lose 15 pounds.....and any suggestions r still welcome

GREAT SITE!

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Thanx man for jumping in and stopping this b 4 it got out of control, but go easy on the 2 of them
i asked for opinions and i got some .....(with prior experience)....this site is great, it has personally helped me a lot and im sure it has done that for most of the people here.
And the thread wasnt ruined quite informative in fact...and a bit funny.....so i guess im off on a quest to helping her lose 15 pounds.....and any suggestions r still welcome

GREAT SITE!
Good luck Oak. And keep us posted

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
ok heres some news
i started to make my sis do cardio ...hard... heres the thing::
according to all the books and mags i read to figure out the max heart rate u need to take 220- age = ur max heart rate in my sis case it turns out to be 191 max
the problem is that she can reach that heart rate in a matter of a few min ...like 3 to 4 min to be exact....whats worse is that shes not even sweatting yet......and this is on the tread mill and the bike.....on the tread mill shes only running at 3.5 and the bike her effort is in the 60 to 90 and she can reach her max in like 3 minwith no visible effort ???
i tried the same mechines and in 5 min on the bike i couldnt even get to my 65% heart rate which is 147 and same with the tread mill ..mind u i was sweatting like a pig by now ...??? so im confused...what gives??!@#$%^&&*
from what shes s been telling me is that she cant lose weight just by doing cardio...cuz she works ABOVE her max heart rate for more then 15 min on bike and treadmill....and stairmaster and she gets nothin out of it ...How Is That Possible??

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Could the heart rate monitor be off? I assume not since it seemed to work correctly for you, but I cant see how if you are at max heart rate, a person would not be sweating, you would have to be extrememly out of shape to hit max heart rate at 3.5mph in 3 minutes, and I doubt she is that out of shape if she only needs to lose 15lbs. Any other ideas?

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
Could the heart rate monitor be off? I assume not since it seemed to work correctly for you, but I cant see how if you are at max heart rate, a person would not be sweating, you would have to be extrememly out of shape to hit max heart rate at 3.5mph in 3 minutes, and I doubt she is that out of shape if she only needs to lose 15lbs. Any other ideas?
ha , finaly someone as confused as i am...!!!
noo shes not out of shape...not at all until this week she was in the gym at least 2 weeks out of a month....she not exactly a gym rat....but thats what the monitor read....i couldnt believe it .....those damm machines had me sweatting a storm ...she was laughin at me ...i was pedalling the dam bike at 157 i (guess rpm) and my heart rate was 125 and climing slower then i would like ....mean time she achived her MAXIMUM at what everyone considers there cool down period!??! a WoPpInG..65 rpm's

she tells me that she feels more from weight traning then she does from cardio i still cant understand y she cant loose like even 3 pounds if shes running at full speed

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
That is really weird, somebody has to have some ideas here?

knuckles

Awards
Well since she is not that out of shape then I would guess that her true heart rate max is higher than the predicted. There is a way you could figure out her true heart rate max on a track or on the treadmill, I just don't remember how. I know she isn't sweating but does she feel like she is working hard? She may just have a little vagal tone and that her heart jumps up really quick.

knuckles

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
The bottom line is that when doing true low intensity cardio, you don't feel like you're working hard. You're not supposed to. And some people just don't sweat a lot. What she may have to do is throw THR out the window, and use the RPE scale. (rating of percieved exertion) On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no effort, 10 being max effort, she should be working around a 6 or 7. She should be able to breathe comfortably and easily carry on a conversation. If breathing becomes heavy, her intensity is too high. In time, she should get a good feel for how intensly she is training. The minimum amount of cardio that should be done to effect weight loss is about 30 min 4x/wk. This is if diet is perfect and she has exceptional genetics for fat loss. Most people need more. upwards of 45 min to 1 hr 5 to 7 days a week. Hope that helps clarify things a little for you.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
i still cant understand y she cant loose like even 3 pounds if shes running at full speed
This is because she would just be burning up muscle glycogen that just gets replaced the the next time she eats any carbs. This happens to a lot of people. I see it all the time. They go balls to the wall on cardio for up to an hr almost daily. Yet they stay fat year round and can't figure out why.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
ok heres some news
i started to make my sis do cardio ...hard... heres the thing::
according to all the books and mags i read to figure out the max heart rate u need to take 220- age = ur max heart rate in my sis case it turns out to be 191 max
the problem is that she can reach that heart rate in a matter of a few min ...like 3 to 4 min to be exact....whats worse is that shes not even sweatting yet......and this is on the tread mill and the bike.....on the tread mill shes only running at 3.5 and the bike her effort is in the 60 to 90 and she can reach her max in like 3 minwith no visible effort ???
i tried the same mechines and in 5 min on the bike i couldnt even get to my 65% heart rate which is 147 and same with the tread mill ..mind u i was sweatting like a pig by now ...??? so im confused...what gives??!@#$%^&&*
from what shes s been telling me is that she cant lose weight just by doing cardio...cuz she works ABOVE her max heart rate for more then 15 min on bike and treadmill....and stairmaster and she gets nothin out of it ...How Is That Possible??
You're working her too hard. Try this. Set the treadmil at 2mph. Yes 2 mph. Set the incline on maximum. Have her walk on an incline with her hands at her sides checking HR periodicly or using the RPE scale. Adjust speed accordingly. Remember, if breathing becomes heavy or she feels lactic acid build up in her legs, she's working too hard.

Redeemer

Awards
I was just wondering, why can't your sis drink alot of water. Have her try to space out alot of small glasses. IMO, people vastly underestimate the weight loss benefits associated with proper hydration. Especially women.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
she was not reaching her max heart rate and not working hard. I used to stay right under mine for 20min. and its hard. I have seen machines that were off. if you have a doubt take your pulse and multiply while working out. I really dont know that many people that can stay near their max heart rate for even short periods unless they are true gym rats.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
If her heart rate is going above her max that easily then you may want to have her consult a physician. I've never seen anyone get up to thier max HR that easily. A doc may want to have a stress test done. Before that though I would take her pulse manually the monitors dont read some people too well.

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
great info guys,
as a matter a fact i asked one of the trainers in the gym about the same issue and it turns out that ALL OF U R RIGHT IN SOME WAY starting with Natedog::
in his opinion she is out of shape !! straight out!! he also suggested to check her pulse manually by hand in 15 sec time...X4 to get her true rate,
aslo he said that the machines might be off for her, to work her slowly for a while till she gets more into goin to the gym consistantly.....
he even suggested for her to c a physician like the VIKING said......
so it turns out that all of u were right ....which is great cuz i really didnt kno what the hell what up with her....not to mention that i never trained a girl.....
and now its kind of a clear picture of what is going on......and im happy to inform that since mon she lost 2 pounds.....which is a good sign
THANX EVERYONE ....FOR UR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS!!!

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
The bottom line is that when doing true low intensity cardio, you don't feel like you're working hard. You're not supposed to. And some people just don't sweat a lot. What she may have to do is throw THR out the window, and use the RPE scale. (rating of percieved exertion) On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no effort, 10 being max effort, she should be working around a 6 or 7. She should be able to breathe comfortably and easily carry on a conversation. If breathing becomes heavy, her intensity is too high. In time, she should get a good feel for how intensly she is training. The minimum amount of cardio that should be done to effect weight loss is about 30 min 4x/wk. This is if diet is perfect and she has exceptional genetics for fat loss. Most people need more. upwards of 45 min to 1 hr 5 to 7 days a week. Hope that helps clarify things a little for you.
hey man,
thanx for being the most active on this thread...it really means a lot to me that all of u guys r helpin me out on a issue that isnt even pretaining to me, its just that i couldnt figure out what was goin on and i didint want to miss lead her in anyway
and im goin to try the RPE scale u mentioned as of next week thanx for the suggestion
ill keep u guys informed about her weight loss ...somehow i get the feeling that this is just the beginning........

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
hey man,
thanx for being the most active on this thread...it really means a lot to me that all of u guys r helpin me out on a issue that isnt even pretaining to me, its just that i couldnt figure out what was goin on and i didint want to miss lead her in anyway
and im goin to try the RPE scale u mentioned as of next week thanx for the suggestion
ill keep u guys informed about her weight loss ...somehow i get the feeling that this is just the beginning........
No problem man. Keep the thread going and keep us updated.

Brfish

Brfish

Board Supporter
Awards
Have her see her doc for a stress test. They will hook up real graphical HR monitors while she is on the treadmill. This will help determine if she has a heart related condition. She may have one and never been diagnosed before.

Easily 80% of weight loss is Diet. I see people all the time busting their ass doing cardio all the time and never lose weight due to their diet. She has to be strong willed to do it with a lot of support from her friends and family. It is very hard to watch your diet when you friends and family are eating Krispy Kremes right in your face :( I hate that. She needs to get a detailed written diet plan and pre-prep her meals early. That is the only way I can follow my diet plan. Otherwise life gets in the way and when you are in a rush it is so easy to grab something not in the plan.

One thing to consider is giving her an early wedding gift and pay for her as an internet client for BOBO. I have read plenty of great feedback from his other clients. It is one more thing to look at.