OK guys and girls...MY SIS NEEDS HELP - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

OK guys and girls...MY SIS NEEDS HELP

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Supporter

great info guys,
    as a matter a fact i asked one of the trainers in the gym about the same issue and it turns out that ALL OF U R RIGHT IN SOME WAY starting with Natedog::
    in his opinion she is out of shape !! straight out!! he also suggested to check her pulse manually by hand in 15 sec time...X4 to get her true rate,
    aslo he said that the machines might be off for her, to work her slowly for a while till she gets more into goin to the gym consistantly.....
    he even suggested for her to c a physician like the VIKING said......
    so it turns out that all of u were right ....which is great cuz i really didnt kno what the hell what up with her....not to mention that i never trained a girl.....
    and now its kind of a clear picture of what is going on......and im happy to inform that since mon she lost 2 pounds.....which is a good sign
    THANX EVERYONE ....FOR UR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS!!!

2. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    The bottom line is that when doing true low intensity cardio, you don't feel like you're working hard. You're not supposed to. And some people just don't sweat a lot. What she may have to do is throw THR out the window, and use the RPE scale. (rating of percieved exertion) On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being no effort, 10 being max effort, she should be working around a 6 or 7. She should be able to breathe comfortably and easily carry on a conversation. If breathing becomes heavy, her intensity is too high. In time, she should get a good feel for how intensly she is training. The minimum amount of cardio that should be done to effect weight loss is about 30 min 4x/wk. This is if diet is perfect and she has exceptional genetics for fat loss. Most people need more. upwards of 45 min to 1 hr 5 to 7 days a week. Hope that helps clarify things a little for you.
    hey man,
    thanx for being the most active on this thread...it really means a lot to me that all of u guys r helpin me out on a issue that isnt even pretaining to me, its just that i couldnt figure out what was goin on and i didint want to miss lead her in anyway
    and im goin to try the RPE scale u mentioned as of next week thanx for the suggestion
    ill keep u guys informed about her weight loss ...somehow i get the feeling that this is just the beginning........
  3. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Polish_Oak
    hey man,
    thanx for being the most active on this thread...it really means a lot to me that all of u guys r helpin me out on a issue that isnt even pretaining to me, its just that i couldnt figure out what was goin on and i didint want to miss lead her in anyway
    and im goin to try the RPE scale u mentioned as of next week thanx for the suggestion
    ill keep u guys informed about her weight loss ...somehow i get the feeling that this is just the beginning........
    No problem man. Keep the thread going and keep us updated.
    •   

4. Board Supporter

Have her see her doc for a stress test. They will hook up real graphical HR monitors while she is on the treadmill. This will help determine if she has a heart related condition. She may have one and never been diagnosed before.

Easily 80% of weight loss is Diet. I see people all the time busting their ass doing cardio all the time and never lose weight due to their diet. She has to be strong willed to do it with a lot of support from her friends and family. It is very hard to watch your diet when you friends and family are eating Krispy Kremes right in your face I hate that. She needs to get a detailed written diet plan and pre-prep her meals early. That is the only way I can follow my diet plan. Otherwise life gets in the way and when you are in a rush it is so easy to grab something not in the plan.

One thing to consider is giving her an early wedding gift and pay for her as an internet client for BOBO. I have read plenty of great feedback from his other clients. It is one more thing to look at.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Just got my HCG - need help...
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 01:44 PM
  2. messed up my arm, need help
    By gyno4445 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
  3. My father needs help
    By abish in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 2