Results on Anti-E's alone...

builtolast

Awards
What are your guys' results on taking just an anti-estrogen like 6-oxo, formestane, "novedex", attack, etc. (the legal ones)? Gains in weight? Fat loss? LBM? Libido?

Wasn't sure if a thread like this has beens started or not. If it has (which I haven't found) someone link it here and erase this thread. Thanks!

goa1175

Awards
Haven't tried any of what you mentioned as a stand alone, but I can tell you that a nolva/fenugreek/dhea/ECA stack as a standalone has ripped 5lbs off me in the past 10 days with no change in diet or exercise. From what I've read of the smart guys' posts, anti-e's cannot boost test levels enough to cause any noticable mass gains. What they can do (and why I'm running it) is help with fat-loss, especially around the midsection and chest. Most of what I've based that on was for SERM's and not AI's like 6-OXO, but I'd guess that anything that decreases estro levels should give the potential for fat-loss.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
What they can do (and why I'm running it) is help with fat-loss, especially around the midsection and chest. Most of what I've based that on was for SERM's and not AI's like 6-OXO, but I'd guess that anything that decreases estro levels should give the potential for fat-loss.
whoa, is this for real? any studies or at least anecdotal evidence?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Nothing worthwhile from a 6-oxo cycle I did after it came out. I was baseline, not PCT and taking 600mg daily. Did this for 3 weeks and didn't get much from it. Cost/benefit does not work out IMO. :)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
decreasing estrogen does give the potential for weight loss, but then again so does dit :rasp: I suppose I look at it long term... once your est. levels are baseling again, you may have to again alter your diet/supps/training to meet accordingly. Also depending upon the anti-e used, you want to watch lipid levels and such. In general I don't recommend taking SERM's or AI's unless post cycle.

goa1175

Awards
whoa, is this for real? any studies or at least anecdotal evidence?
I'd have to take the time to look for the studies again, but some of the smarter guys around here have posted several studies. I've also talked to plenty of folks who get leaned out by anti-e's. As Weave said though, it's short term, and I'll see once the cycle is done how much diet manipulation will be needed. Probably a fair bit, but at least I'll have a head start on the fatloss.