Hawthorne berry extract...

THA GONZ

Awards
Where is everyone buying it from?? I am looking now and just wondering where to get it and what kind is good?

Thanks guys

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
gonz, i buy mine from a local store in town. i choose to use the "now" brand. they call it "silymarin". i believe it is around 9 bucks for 120 caps. i have had nice success post cycle with it.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I think you are mistaking milk thistle for hawthorne, Blane. Silymarin is the extract/ingredient in milk thistle. Hawthorne is something else. NOW does, however, make both at reasonable prices. Nutraplanet and 1Fast both carry lots of NOW poroducts.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Local food store or Phamacies should carry it. CoQ10 is better, but 2x as $.

BLANE

Awards
  • Established
oh shoot, sorry fellas. milwood you are right i was mistaking milkthistle for hawthorne. i'll try to get my head on straight.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Coenzyme Q-10, probably 150mg-300mg ED.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I'm assuming you're using it to reduce blood pressure. I think celery seed extract is better and faster acting. Hawthorne requires at least a month before it kicks in. As for Coenzyme Q-10 I don't know how effective it is on it's own but it seems to potentiate many products especially liver protectants and cholesterol lowering supps.

size

Awards
  • Established
I'm assuming you're using it to reduce blood pressure. I think celery seed extract is better and faster acting. As for Coenzyme Q-10 I don't know how effective it is on it's own but it seems to potentiate many products especially liver protectants and cholesterol lowering supps.
I agree with you. For me, celery seed is the better option. CoQ10 is a great supplement that has a vast array of health benefits. I take 100mg of it daily.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I need to get some celery seed. Faster acting would be better.

Does Policosanol have any affect on blood pressure, or does it just help with cholesterol (good and bad) levels?

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
ersatz and size - Can you email me about which celery seed product/source you use? Thanks (I'm on hotmail with the same user ID)

tabish121

Board Supporter
Awards
I'd also be interested in here where you get yours from.

tabish{at}twcny.rr.com

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
ersatz and size - Can you email me about which celery seed product/source you use? Thanks (I'm on hotmail with the same user ID)
I use either Nature's Herbs or Natural Factors Celery Seed Extract because those are the ones available at the local health food and grocery stores. Whatever brand you buy make sure it is standardize to contain a certain percentage of 3-n-butylphthalide(3nB). The two I've mentioned are 85% which are the highest I've found.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Size can you just post it? I am sure many people would want to know.

THA GONZ

Awards
So how long does it take the celery seed extract to kick in and what kind or dosage ed??

Also would you guys reccomend taking both the celery seed extract and the coq-10 together?

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
[text deleted]

Seacoast turned out to be a good retailer in the end.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear about that. Stryder now carries it so for the future. . .