low T3 levels attributed to stims?

Crimson_Soul

Banned
Awards
I have just received lab results indicating that my T3 levels are really low. I have never had any problems with my thyroid before, and was wondering if all of the stims I have been using are to blame. Also, when on a strict diet, how long does it take to plummet your levels?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Thyroid usually down regulates after about a week or 2 on a hypocaloric diet. I don't think it's the stims nesesarily. I don't think they have any effect on TSH. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Crimson_Soul

Banned
Awards
hmm.. Any ideas on what could cause really low readings? I wasn't ever really on a hypocaloric diet.. I spoke with someone on the subject, and they said it was because of the thermogenics I was using, causing my body to lower it's own temp to compensate for the increase.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Isn't your pituitary screwed up too? I believe your pituitary produces TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone). I think there's a relationship to these two issues. Man, I think your past the point of having the bro's help out. You need to get some professional medical help. Is there a doc requesting all these tests? What is he/she saying? I think you may be needing more than some herb or supplement. Get to a doc pronto.

dd

Crimson_Soul

Banned
Awards
I am awaiting authorization for an MRI of my brain to check out the pituitary issue.. I am just trying to do whatever I can to help out on my own in the process.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Isn't your pituitary screwed up too? I believe your pituitary produces TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone). I think there's a relationship to these two issues. Man, I think your past the point of having the bro's help out. You need to get some professional medical help. Is there a doc requesting all these tests? What is he/she saying? I think you may be needing more than some herb or supplement. Get to a doc pronto.

dd
Can I get an "AMEN!" :smite:

Crimson_Soul

Banned
Awards
would prolonged PH usage cause adverse affects on T3 production as well?

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
i've been using stims for a long time and my last blood test yeilded a TSH of 1.57 MIU/L.

is this normal range or is it low?

Crimson_Soul

Banned
Awards
My TSH is .4 MIU/L.... Could PH use cause such a severe low in thyroid function? I have never used Clen, TriMax or anything of the sort, but have been on ECY for a little while and using other OTC fat burners.

While I know that PH use doesn't help my pituitary situation, I am curious as to whether or not it has affected my thyroid and TSH levels... my T3 levels are also bottomed out.

Anyone with info. on what could cause this is greatly thanked. While I do realize I have made mistakes, I would like to do my best to straighten things out with my body.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
PH's Can affect thyroid levels. I am not sure to what degree though. My best bet is that your adrenals are fried from all the stimulant use, and thus your pituitary and such are having problems. What is your lifting routine like? Are you doing a lot of training to failure? My hunch is that your adrenals and CNS are severely overworked from these factors. Stop or at least lower the stims, add in some l-tyrosine, 7-keto would probably help, and the new product from snergy muscle (the forskolin) might be a very good bet as well. Bladderwrack, coconut oil, and glandulars have also been used for such, but I am unsure of there efficacy. One last question, what is your diet like these days?

Crimson_Soul

Banned
Awards
I have been using Max-OT 2x day, so I may be overtraining. My diet is fine, as I take in enough protein/carbs. As for the 7-Keto, I have been on LeanXtreme for ~2 weeks and have started taking an adrenal-gland recovery formula (Licorice Root & other minerals/herbs)

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Most adrenal-gland recovery stuff is fairly weak and ineffective but it is a start. I definetly think you are overtraining, and that the adrenal fatigue is playing a part. How effectively could you workout right now without the stims? That is a decent indicator right there. Secondly, I would not take anything to failure....if you've been lifting long and hard enough, you should know just about when you really hit failure. Thats when you stop.
And if you want the help, stop being closed minded and saying your 'diets fine'. Nothing personal but I hear this all the time. How about EFA's?, ratio of protein/carbs/fat. Possible metabolic acidosis added in the mix (though all these are not necessarily principle causes of low thyroid, its good to look into).
What is your dosage of the lean extreme also?
how about posting a day's sampling of food, just for example. And be honest. Might need more fruit/fructose to replenish the liver etc......Im just giving suggestions, take what you will.

Crimson_Soul

Banned
Awards
Lately I have been not eating very much, only about 1500-2000 calories/day, as I have come down with a severe stomach issue...

my biggest concern at this point is putting on too much fat with a lagging thyroid. I have been eating this lately: (I guess my diet isn't on track RIGHT NOW, but it was when the tests were taken)

Meal#1
1/2c oats
6 egg whites
1 scoop whey

Meal#2
1c Broccoli
8oz. Chicken Breast

Meal#3
1c Broccoli
2 scoops whey

Meal#4
4oz. chicken breast
5 egg whites
assorted veggies (mushrooms, tomatoes, etc..)
1c broccoli

Meal#5
3 scoops micellear casein

-I can't seem to bring in any more than that, I know its not enough, but ever since hearing about my thyroid I have been flipping out. Yes, I know that this diet is definately not going to help the situation, but I need guidance on what I can do to get a proper balance without adding fat, given my current situation. (I am not looking to get flamed here...so please save it)

-honestly, I cut out the stims yesterday, and my workouts have SUCKED ASS ever since. All I want to do is nap all day.. can't wait till it passes. (if it ever does)

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
I would seriously lower the workout volume or even stop for around a week. If anything, do HIIT cardio in the AM (not first thign though) to get the metabolism jump started. I am noticing a SEVERE lack of fats in your diet. Actually I dont see any and the only carbs you eat are half a cup of oatmeal? Your thyroid will remain troubled with that. I know you are worried about gaining fat, but your not helping the situation. My advice, take it or leave it, is to drop your whey intake a lot......eat 1g protein/g bodyweight, up the carbs...add in 10 grams of fish oil, possibly lecithin, possibly coconut or at least MCT oil. Do this while taking a week off from the gym (thus the lowered protein, which could be cut to .8g/lb). Then retest.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've read that tyrosine is a precursor to the thyroid hormones. So, I agree w/ Scott - defintately try a few (2-3) g of that per day. I take about 2 myself.