looking for a good during wo supp

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.2%

looking for a good during wo supp

i am trying to decided between vendetta, ice and xtend by scivation.
    vendetta is a mix of 13g of 8 essential amino acids and 29g of carbs including sucrose and glucose
    ice is a blend of 10g of 3 bcaa's with no carbs and xtend is basically the same as ice but with 1g of cm added.

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

Bump this. I am trying to make the same decision. My goal is increased recovery and energy.

I am leaning towards vendetta+Citrulline Malatate. But Xtend+Dextrose might be good as well.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.73%
    Achievements Posting Pro

how about whey/dextrose. Seriously, I think some of these during/preworkout supps are way overated unless you have the cash to spend.
    whey/dextrose/CEE/taurine/betaine/CM if you want etc...before and during.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2%

re

I use 5-6 scoops of ICE with a tsp of glutamine for during workouts. I love it, I also add 1 scoop of ICE to my post workout whey protein w/glutamine. I have Xtend but have not tried it yet, waiting for the ICE to run out. My only thing about the Xtend is the creatine. I know the citrulline malate is in it & I know that creatine is only stable in water for 7-10min; so unless the citrulline malate is different than other creatines, then as a during workout I don't think it would be a big plus over ICE since workouts last 45min.- 1 hour. now before or after workouts would be good. Like I said though I have not seen a lot of studies on CM to know how long it is stable in water. I bought the Xtend because I was low & I needed to purchase ICE but Xtend being $5 more( basically the same thing accept the CM) & getting some free CEE from a special going on I said screw it I'll give it a try. I love ICE though & would recommend it, I have fruit punch & like it. many say grape is better tasting but the fruit punch has a little more BCAA's in it so that is the route I went. If something is good & works I'm not going to cry about the taste.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.25%

Quote Originally Posted by maverick1.5
    I use 5-6 scoops of ICE with a tsp of glutamine for during workouts. I love it, I also add 1 scoop of ICE to my post workout whey protein w/glutamine. I have Xtend but have not tried it yet, waiting for the ICE to run out. My only thing about the Xtend is the creatine. I know the citrulline malate is in it & I know that creatine is only stable in water for 7-10min; so unless the citrulline malate is different than other creatines, then as a during workout I don't think it would be a big plus over ICE since workouts last 45min.- 1 hour. now before or after workouts would be good. Like I said though I have not seen a lot of studies on CM to know how long it is stable in water. I bought the Xtend because I was low & I needed to purchase ICE but Xtend being $5 more( basically the same thing accept the CM) & getting some free CEE from a special going on I said screw it I'll give it a try. I love ICE though & would recommend it, I have fruit punch & like it. many say grape is better tasting but the fruit punch has a little more BCAA's in it so that is the route I went. If something is good & works I'm not going to cry about the taste.
    Citrulline Malate (CM) is not a creatine. If it is to be likened to anything, it would be L-arginine as it is a precursor to it. I'm sure the water stability issue does not apply to CM.

Some great CM info here:
    http://www.1fast400.com/?ingredients_id=70
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2%

re

cool thanks for clearing that up. like i said I really have not read up on it much so i did not know. that is why this site is so great.
  7. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.73%

i've been rockin adenergy stack+2 grams alcar+4 grams cit. malate+2 grams cex during my workout, mixed in half gallon of water, it's been workin great for me, i take about 4mL of Redline and 2 grams of cex at about 6ish and start lifting around 6:45, it's been workin great so far, strength is good and it goes deep into my workouts, i feel much more focused as to where i usually just coast a little more than I should after my big compound lift that I do first (squat or bench)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking for a new during workout drink
    By bigjohn58 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 05:46 PM
  2. Looking for a good legal gainer...
    By JeepASaurus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 02:56 PM
  3. Looking for a good prohormone for a cutting cycle
    By bigjohn58 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5